Spar Employee Reviews

Found 93 reviews matching the search See all 1,713 reviews
Lovely place to work
Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal15 February 2019
Lots of employees but all of them work great as a team. The shop is always kept to a high standard and the forecourt was always well maintained. Everyone was very jolly and happy in this work place. Also the free dinners for employees is a great idea after all everyone works their hardest to keep the shop as high standard as they demand to be.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Really busy place to work.
Busy & Organised Retail Outlet
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Limerick4 February 2019
This was a large & busy Spar outlet with a large product range, a busy delicatessen, & early & late opening hours. There was a large staff of (mostly) part-timers, who worked well as a team. I learned a lot about rostering & managing a large group of staff as well as maintaining stock levels & merchandising.
Pros
Excellent grounding in retail management.
Cons
Unsocial hours.
Moderately good part time work
Sales Assistant/Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasthule, County Dublin19 September 2018
I had many responsibilities during my time in Spar. My days behind the till would usually consist of keeping everything behind the till in order such as the cigarette machine topped up, ensuring the bins were emptied frequently, greeting customers with a positive attitude and most importantly keeping the till in impeccable order.

I have dealt with people from all walks of life in Spar which is a positive thing in my opinion. I have learnt how to deal with many difficult customers in a professional manner so they are satisfied with their experience once they have left the shop.

Having a positive and healthy relationship with your work colleagues as well as superior management is something that is important to me also. Through my time in retail I always had good rapport with my work mates in order to achieve a productive shift.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
On occasions I would work 12 hour shifts which would not be my first choice of shift length.
Good job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 July 2018
Spar was a really nice place for me to start it was close to where I live so it was really handy some of the locals worked there and made me feel really comfortable
Pros
Easy to work
Cons
Not many hours availbe when i worked
Fun workplace
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork25 June 2018
I had to serve rolls and sandwiches to customers and helped the customers if they had a complaint. I gained great experience with communication skills.
Pros
Get my lunch here
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  County Galway15 June 2018
busy day but if your people management skills are good then no issue for you. The company suits an organised individual who can delegate and negotiate with staff and suppliers alike.
Pros
Your own business
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin12 May 2018
A typical day would be either a 6 or 8 hour shift sometimes 4 hours. I would be on the tills, taking deliveries, stock rotating or cleaning the shop. I took a lot out of working in Spar as I gained many new skills and got on well with management. The workplace was very nice and I enjoyed going to work there whenever I was in work.
Pros
Employees and employers were very nice
Sales Assistant and Delicatessen Worker
Sales Assistant and Delicatessen Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackrock, County Dublin2 May 2018
-Serving customers
-Managing money
-Cleaning the shopand deli area
-Making food for customers
-Restocking products
productive
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket on Fergus, County Clare24 April 2018
great environment
great people
love the buzz from working here
staff discount
great customers
always up for a laugh
nice handy hours
great deals on products
Pros
staff discount
Fun and Great Staff
Retail (Current Employee) –  Shankill, County Dublin16 April 2018
One of the best places with the best staff that is always happy and loving like a family. They always put the costumer first but at the same time respect the staff.
Pros
Staff Discount on lunch
Great Staff Relationship's
Cashier in shop (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 April 2018
I really enjoyed working as a team, due to the fact no matter what job we had we wore all treated equally, i.e. the manager had the same respect as the deli assistant.
Fun work place
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 March 2018
this shop teaches me how to be a good cashier and I learned a lot skills from here. Such as how to identify the cash.There is no hard part of the job cause if you have any problem then other stuff gonna help you to settle this together.So the work environment is the most enjoyable part of the job
great staff
Trainee Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 March 2018
When I worked there, which is a quiet some time ago. The staff was lovely, there was a great team work.
Long hours, especially on public bank holidays.
Pros
great team work
Store manager
Worked 4 years in the SPAR shop , (Former Employee) –  Limerick26 January 2018
The store manager is very attentive to the store's employees .

It was my first job. I was greeted very friendly in this store , they explained and showed how to work it was very helpful .
Thank to them for everything !!!
nice place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth15 January 2018
nice shop and nice people to work for just didn't fit my hours I was looking for very friendly staff and was shown the ropes straight away it was very close to home so never had a reason to be late 😊 really looking forward to getting back to work and looking for something to fit in around my son being in school
Pros
close to home
Cons
awkward hours
Hard work and liked it
Store person (Former Employee) –  Rathnew service station31 December 2017
My shift would start at 6:30sm till 4:30pm. I enjoyed it very much. It was great to interact with new people every day. I learned a lot about the stocktaking and orders whilst working there.
It was a good work experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oulart Gorey13 November 2017
The staff treatment well and I was tasked with loads of jobs to do it was a great work experience I learned a lot from the staff the hours where a little long but I don't mind them.
Pros
Threated well
Cons
Not enough jobs to do
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 October 2017
It was my first job after school, first time i was in foreign country , so i learned so many , i became more secure , sociable, responsible !

I had colleagues from different cultures, i liked working with them , it was like an exchange of experience and informations
Pros
Flexible program
Cons
No cons
Nice place to work
Spar work experince (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2017
I was on here for a few weeks for work experince as part of college but I did enjoy my time there. the staff where very friendly and helpful and kind.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cork12 August 2017
Spar shop was challenging job for me I worked there as a supervisor and I learnt alot of things updated my life style working as a responsible make to think differently
Pros
Not really
Cons
Shop Cloesed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spar. Our community is ready to answer.