Spar Employee Reviews

Ireland196 reviews
Working here required me to be a fast learner because of the rapid work environment. The work was physically demanding and i was on my feet all day but i enjoyed the sense of duty with doing things under pressure and being required to be alert . The other staff members were extremely easy going and management was always understanding and fair. My salary was good for my hours but there were no job benefits as such
Pros
Learning alot about customer service, staying alert, friendly staff
Cons
No job benefits
No chance to have all the work done on time.You start you work at 6 am( in real life 5:50) and you are expected to have most of the bread done before tea break at 9am.Before lunch you have to do the same bread again plus yeast bread and rolls.After lunch same bread again.
Its ok to work at spar if you are beginner. Good for part time working students. But for long time NO. It wont fill the living cost of Dubliners. Also there is no any discounts for staff if the buying anything from there.
I worked in this company, to find that the management unless you a yes at every step, dont bother going.
Work here is easy but very busy.

I found here not as good as most places

Theres no pay, I know I was on higher wage than the poor girl that was there a little bit longer than me

Some are very nice to work with but some make your life into depression mood.

- the main manager didnt want to know of bullies if it wasn't coming from the deli manager(whom was the biggest bully along with her so called friend)
Very good job, fast paced work
Very.

My main tasks was stacking shelves

Taking out rubbish

Cleaning

Taking notes of what was needed and what was missing
Manager in ballycummin raheen has no respect or care for he's employees best thing I ever did was leave, no appreciation for the work you do no matter how hard you work even working until 11 at night and back in at half 6 the following morning
Pros
Other employees were lovely to work with met good friends
Cons
Hours are guaranteed and no appreciation for your hard work
Each and everyone of the staff seemed to know each other well and everyone was easy going while still getting all the work done for the day. Nothing stressful while still keeping you busy.
An honest days work, you get paid for your time.

Nothing is incredibly tasking but it is consistent work.

Main enjoyments were dealing with customers, would not recommend if not good with people.
It was fun to work there. I was able to effectively work in the environment and was allocated to the section that I requested to be allocated to. I would work there again.
Was treated so unfairly. Was paid such a horrific wage, and was treated horribly from the get go. Many of my colleagues mistakes or errors were pinned on me, and I was wrongfully accused of many things. Horrible. Management haven’t a clue.
Pros
Cons
No discount. No free lunch. Horrible management. Horrible staff. Unfriendly.
Good job for a student or young person. The pace was very slow and sometimes boring but meant for a laid back working environment. Enjoyed my time here.
It is a great opportunity for who is starting working. The manager teaches everything you need to know and the experience is not necessary. Also, the payment is always on time.
I can only be thankful to that opportunity since it helped me lot on my journey here in Dublin. I's a serious place to work, organized and easy to learn.
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The best aspects of the job is the customer service aspect, getting to know and developing a rapport with regular customers.

I have learned valuable skills, such as, cash handling and balancing, stock management, responsibilities such invoicing, ordering and managing deliveries.

The benefit of being a diligent worker in Spar is that management will notice your enthusiasm and will encourage you to learn more about the daily operations of the shop.
Very good place to work very calm and staff are friendly and easy to get along with so makes the job alot easier it's also a quiet place and a friendly local shop
Upon joining the team at Spar workers are expected to be extremely punctual, quick on their feet and remember large orders as well as remembering and dietary requirements a customer may have.
Whilst working in this deli, I learned about receiving orders and time management. Remembering what equipment should be cleaned on which day. Ensuring that accidents behind the counter, i.e cuts, and falls, are dealt with appropriately. Manual handling was also completed on-site.

The work environment was stressful at times and sometimes I found myself left alone to deal with many customers.
Spar Company overall it's a great company, job sometimes ist easy, sometimes it's hard like everywhere, but to work with such a amount of great and amazing people it's a pleasure.
a good expires to learn a business, good for practice a league. It was a great place for me in the beginning of my carrier in Ireland teach me a lot.
I meet a lots of new people.
Not a great place to work. Not nice people and pay is not great for the amount you do in the job. I really want to have a job that I will be excited about and is a passion of mine.
my typical day at work is usually serving the customers and making sure everywhere is tidy, i learned how to make excellent sandwich which is great everyone is always so nice so it was fun working there i loved meeting new people some of them made jokes.
Good colleagues with nice managers. Really enjoyed serving people and got good training. Liked the flexibility around hours of work and the pay was pretty good.