Spar Employee Reviews

Found 171 reviews matching the search See all 2,159 reviews
Great experience!
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltinglass, County Wicklow12 October 2019
I worked from 9-5 for my work experience which gave me a view into working as a team, communication with people and self dependency. It was really enjoyable to learn all aspects of working life!
Valuable Learning Experience in Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick12 October 2019
Welcomed customers, worked tills, cash handling, managing stock, restocking, morning opnening and evening closing, all round cleaning and maintenance of shop
Excelente
Atendimento ao cliente (Former Employee) –  County Dublin11 October 2019
Muito aprendizado por trabalhar em um local onde a língua mãe é o inglês
workplace
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2019
work with breakfast and lunch, deliver good food and have a quick conversation, showing attention and sympathy.
making coffee and providing a moment of pleasure.
Decent place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2019
Good minimum wage. Good flexible hours to suit employees needs. Friendly staff for most of the time. Weekend shifts are quiet while midweek shifts are busy and go by quickly.
Stressful environment
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 August 2019
Long hours/heavy work load with minimum pay. Nice people in food serving sections but clear segregation between floor staff and bakery/deli section. Management put a lot of pressure on staff to get vast amounts of work done with not enough time. More of a student job is needing the money but will not progress above minimum wage here only plus is an hour lunch break.
Opportunities to advance career
Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rathkeale, County Limerick30 July 2019
Opportunites to advance career through training onsite & also college courses. Good prospects for those willing to put in the extra mile. Good workplace atmosphere
Pros
Good career prospects
Amazing team, terrible higher management
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 June 2019
Worked there for some months, had an amazing colleagues, hard working and dedicated - store manager, supervisor, sales assistance guys. Made new friends over the time.

But over those months all of the staff has left the job (some people worked there for 2 years), including me, due to very, very terrible and unprofessional area manager (?).

The shop is OK and the team members were great, made new friends but the constant stress from the higher manager in an unprofessional way is not worth it.
productive
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry14 May 2019
I learnt a lot about working with the public and it helped me view a bigger outlook on how to work with the public more confidently. I got to meet new people and make new friends.
Fun workplace but bad management
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlow7 May 2019
Easy place to work
Terrible pay
Bad management
Enjoyed working with the certain people
People hired and fired/left constantly
Manager did not put trust in workers
Pros
People
Cons
Bad pay and management
Great place to learn but no area for promotion
Till Operator/Supervisor trained (Current Employee) –  Monasterevin, County Kildare27 April 2019
I've worked here for a number of years and in those years I seen alot of staff come and go. With just a few years experience there I am the longest working till assistant. Very little gratitude from management but fellow staff and supervisors are an amazing team when giving any task. Completely new change in managment and co-managment left work environment uneasy and sometimes hostile as targets and expectation have been raised to an unbeatable level.
Pros
30% discount on pricey deli
Cons
No gratitute, prices on everything, level of work expected
Excellent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  IE26 April 2019
I ddi work for Spar in Ireland as an Area manager and was my first job after graduating from college. great place to work especially an excellent franchise.
Productive and a great place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 April 2019
I liked working in spar a lot because I got to learn new skills and grow each day in the job. I grew a lot of confidence through out this job working with people on a daily basis
good place to work
Deli Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 March 2019
have a lot of different things to do as making snadwitchs, doing paper work and filling up everyone, its a good place to work and everyone is so kind to everyone
Lovely place to work
Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal15 February 2019
Lots of employees but all of them work great as a team. The shop is always kept to a high standard and the forecourt was always well maintained. Everyone was very jolly and happy in this work place. Also the free dinners for employees is a great idea after all everyone works their hardest to keep the shop as high standard as they demand to be.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Really busy place to work.
Busy & Organised Retail Outlet
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Limerick4 February 2019
This was a large & busy Spar outlet with a large product range, a busy delicatessen, & early & late opening hours. There was a large staff of (mostly) part-timers, who worked well as a team. I learned a lot about rostering & managing a large group of staff as well as maintaining stock levels & merchandising.
Pros
Excellent grounding in retail management.
Cons
Unsocial hours.
Great management and staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal27 January 2019
You come in to work mood is great, nobody in bad greeted by everyone , you meet so many people from different backgrounds and jobs and different areas
Nice atmosphere
Floor and deli assistent (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 January 2019
Every day he attended to the clients' requests. He made sandwiches, all the bakery items, coffee, and the lunchtime items.
It was a good time working at Euro Spar where I learned a lot.
Pros
Learned a Lot
Cons
left there
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland3 January 2019
Productive and fun workplace for the time I spent in Eurospar. Although I never seen it as a permanent job for me, but only for this job funding me through university I would never have graduated therefore I am forever grateful for the opportunity to work in the shop.
friendly and easily fit in
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltinglass, County Wicklow26 November 2018
was a nice place to work in, friendly staff, very welcoming, job wasn't too hard wither, work was pretty basic for a shop assistant. some of the job tasks were a bit of a hassle like stacking the wine and spirit shelves after cleaning them as it took ages.
Pros
very helpful staff
Cons
some tasks would take up a lot of the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spar. Our community is ready to answer.