Spar Employee Reviews

Good environment
Each and everyone of the staff seemed to know each other well and everyone was easy going while still getting all the work done for the day. Nothing stressful while still keeping you busy.
Family
An honest days work, you get paid for your time.

Nothing is incredibly tasking but it is consistent work.

Main enjoyments were dealing with customers, would not recommend if not good with people.
great
It was fun to work there. I was able to effectively work in the environment and was allocated to the section that I requested to be allocated to. I would work there again.
Horrible place to work.
Was treated so unfairly. Was paid such a horrific wage, and was treated horribly from the get go. Many of my colleagues mistakes or errors were pinned on me, and I was wrongfully accused of many things. Horrible. Management haven’t a clue.
Pros
Cons
No discount. No free lunch. Horrible management. Horrible staff. Unfriendly.
Relaxing and slow paced environment
Good job for a student or young person. The pace was very slow and sometimes boring but meant for a laid back working environment. Enjoyed my time here.
Nice workplace
It is a great opportunity for who is starting working. The manager teaches everything you need to know and the experience is not necessary. Also, the payment is always on time.
Productive place
I can only be thankful to that opportunity since it helped me lot on my journey here in Dublin. I's a serious place to work, organized and easy to learn.
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The management are fair and I enjoy my colleagues. I have learned valuable skills while working in Spar
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The best aspects of the job is the customer service aspect, getting to know and developing a rapport with regular customers.

I have learned valuable skills, such as, cash handling and balancing, stock management, responsibilities such invoicing, ordering and managing deliveries.

The benefit of being a diligent worker in Spar is that management will notice your enthusiasm and will encourage you to learn more about the daily operations of the shop.
Very good place to work very calm and staff are friendly and easy to get along with so makes the job alot easier it's also a quiet place and a friendly local shop
Busy work environment
Upon joining the team at Spar workers are expected to be extremely punctual, quick on their feet and remember large orders as well as remembering and dietary requirements a customer may have.
Whilst working in this deli, I learned about receiving orders and time management. Remembering what equipment should be cleaned on which day. Ensuring that accidents behind the counter, i.e cuts, and falls, are dealt with appropriately. Manual handling was also completed on-site.

The work environment was stressful at times and sometimes I found myself left alone to deal with many customers.
N/a
Spar Company overall it's a great company, job sometimes ist easy, sometimes it's hard like everywhere, but to work with such a amount of great and amazing people it's a pleasure.
good place to learn a business
a good expires to learn a business, good for practice a league. It was a great place for me in the beginning of my carrier in Ireland teach me a lot.
I meet a lots of new people.
Not great as a job for anyone
Not a great place to work. Not nice people and pay is not great for the amount you do in the job. I really want to have a job that I will be excited about and is a passion of mine.
productive and fun
my typical day at work is usually serving the customers and making sure everywhere is tidy, i learned how to make excellent sandwich which is great everyone is always so nice so it was fun working there i loved meeting new people some of them made jokes.
Good colleagues with nice managers. Really enjoyed serving people and got good training. Liked the flexibility around hours of work and the pay was pretty good.
Rude managers.
I worked in Spar and there was the worse Place I had work. All the managers use don't respect the others, are rude and speak with their team as a human's wonner. It was a bad time in my life.
fast paced in my area
working in retail is not for the faint hearted. it can be very hard and very long hours, especially around christmas time. you need to be able to handle yourself to work with the public and need to love what youre doing.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
lots of late night shifts
Productive and slow paced.
Slow paced and very community based job. From staff, management and customers there is nothing but kindness and positivity. The mindset the workers have makes it very easy to go to work in the morning.
Great experience!
I worked from 9-5 for my work experience which gave me a view into working as a team, communication with people and self dependency. It was really enjoyable to learn all aspects of working life!
Valuable Learning Experience in Retail
Welcomed customers, worked tills, cash handling, managing stock, restocking, morning opnening and evening closing, all round cleaning and maintenance of shop
Excelente
Muito aprendizado por trabalhar em um local onde a língua mãe é o inglês