Spar

Spar Employee Reviews

Ireland238 reviews

Found 238 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,691 reviews

Terrible hours

Every weekend is a 10 or sometimes 11 hour shift. Closing at 10pm every single night and 9pm on Sundays makes it a very difficult task to do anything outside of work.

Welcoming, supportive and friendly environment. I was only there on unpaid work experience in secondary school but my experience there was majorly positive

Pros

Discounted lunches and near other stores

Cons

I couldn't get a full time job after my work experience.

A good part time job for students

I'd only recommend this job for part-time students. Minimum wage but it can be a good experience if you have good work colleagues. You aren't overworked but depending on management you can be underappreciated.

Always busy must be flexible

Loved working here we had a great team alwaya helping each other in a big busy shop. Must be flexible hours wise and with where you work. 6am to 11pm is shop open hours deli staff must cook and do haccp courses.

Nice place to work good first job

This is a good job if you have no retail experience however on é you get experience it is best to look for either a higher wage with a supervisor role or move.

Busy work place, development of costumer service.

It was a good place to work, I had good opportunities there, but the work hours and days weren't good. Salary is OK, don't expect earning much. It is a good place to start on costumer service.

Productive and fun workplace

Spar was a great place to work. Everyone got along really well, and everyone was willing to give a helping hand on anything! I loved it here! This is a perfect place to work especially for part timers or students.

Pros

Great team!

Cons

Long hours, sometimes doing longer than you are rostered

Fast paced work place

It is a fast paced environment so you need to make sure you are ready for that and you have to be a team player as you are dealing with customers all day

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

no free food

My Experience

It is easy to get a job there but the management is awful.Managers don't care about their employees. Even if you are dead you have to come down for work.

Pros

weekly salary payouts

Cons

Heavy work, working standards are low and no team work.

Fun fast pace

Great place to work very fun and fast paced I like my coworkers everything was great managers was nice to me customers were friendly. Pay was OK. Idk

gsfdgsfd

Good experience working part time. High staff turnover. Pay wasnt great. Jobs are boring and repetitive. Flexible shifts, willing to work around college hours to a limit. Recommended for college students

Pros

sfdgadg

Cons

adfgaag

Good Place to Work

Everyday is different & this brings with it a good range of challenges, A pleasure too work with a great Spar Team, In a busy Store in Letterkenny .....

fun workplace, get to work with great people

working for Eurospar, I gained a wide range of experience with retail work. these skills helped me gain many more jobs for future positions. good place to work

Pros

discounts

Educational workplace

I learned a great deal about customer service, cash handling, interpersonal skills, technology and communication in this job. I enjoyed learning new things

Bad management

Had 3 managers over 3 months, you’ll be in Monday morning yet on Sunday night there’s no roster, nothing ever gets fixed even when it’s clearly a health and safety hazard They will take back the holidays they approved and you’re expected to do everything

Pros

Nope

Cons

Stress

It was local good relationships with staff and customers

I loved working in spar some shifts were tiresome great team and loved dealing with customers on con was I hadn’t been well so was learning the team and management down

Pros

We’ll staff discount

Cons

There week starts on a sat so u had to wait on the roster to see from one week to the other

Terrible place

Terrible place to work and no work kife balance. Constantly pushed to do more with very little resources. Management don't look at the bigger picture and Constantly want more from you

Disaster place, a lot of work and a little bit of money

A lot of work for a little bit of money, that's Spar. Such a bad place to be employed and I recommend everyone who work there to search something else as soon as they can.

Awful

To be fair never had a problem with management on a personal level however the stress placed on workers who show initiative and good work ethic is enormous, with no thanks, you will be ran ragged from dawn to dusk crazy place completely understaffed for the work you do the money is ridiculous.

Pros

Early start no late nights for me

Cons

Stress stress stress

Busy

Great student/ young persons job. Worked in Waterford.. Always busy. Every day dealt with many many people. No 2 days the same. Student/ work balance ideal.

Pros

Fast days as always busy

Cons

Sometimes unsocial hours

Horrible

Low pay, horrible management, toxic environment, colleagues talking behind each other's back, manager speaking to employees like if they were trash. Understaffed.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, micro management, toxic environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Spar
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?