Spar Employee Reviews

Found 177 reviews matching the search See all 2,243 reviews
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 November 2019
Good colleagues with nice managers. Really enjoyed serving people and got good training. Liked the flexibility around hours of work and the pay was pretty good.
Rude managers.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin10 November 2019
I worked in Spar and there was the worse Place I had work. All the managers use don't respect the others, are rude and speak with their team as a human's wonner. It was a bad time in my life.
fast paced in my area
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ballyfermot, County Dublin28 October 2019
working in retail is not for the faint hearted. it can be very hard and very long hours, especially around christmas time. you need to be able to handle yourself to work with the public and need to love what youre doing.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
lots of late night shifts
Productive and slow paced.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunmore23 October 2019
Slow paced and very community based job. From staff, management and customers there is nothing but kindness and positivity. The mindset the workers have makes it very easy to go to work in the morning.
Great experience!
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltinglass, County Wicklow12 October 2019
I worked from 9-5 for my work experience which gave me a view into working as a team, communication with people and self dependency. It was really enjoyable to learn all aspects of working life!
Valuable Learning Experience in Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick12 October 2019
Welcomed customers, worked tills, cash handling, managing stock, restocking, morning opnening and evening closing, all round cleaning and maintenance of shop
Excelente
Atendimento ao cliente (Former Employee) –  County Dublin11 October 2019
Muito aprendizado por trabalhar em um local onde a língua mãe é o inglês
multitasked
Deli assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 September 2019
Hard job for a few people, minimun pay and low exigents.
To serve to people was good for impruve my english. Sadly for the managers they dont apreciate the people
Pros
pay on time
Cons
minimun and hard job
workplace
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2019
work with breakfast and lunch, deliver good food and have a quick conversation, showing attention and sympathy.
making coffee and providing a moment of pleasure.
Decent place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2019
Good minimum wage. Good flexible hours to suit employees needs. Friendly staff for most of the time. Weekend shifts are quiet while midweek shifts are busy and go by quickly.
Stressful environment
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 August 2019
Long hours/heavy work load with minimum pay. Nice people in food serving sections but clear segregation between floor staff and bakery/deli section. Management put a lot of pressure on staff to get vast amounts of work done with not enough time. More of a student job is needing the money but will not progress above minimum wage here only plus is an hour lunch break.
Opportunities to advance career
Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rathkeale, County Limerick30 July 2019
Opportunites to advance career through training onsite & also college courses. Good prospects for those willing to put in the extra mile. Good workplace atmosphere
Pros
Good career prospects
Amazing team, terrible higher management
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 June 2019
Worked there for some months, had an amazing colleagues, hard working and dedicated - store manager, supervisor, sales assistance guys. Made new friends over the time.

But over those months all of the staff has left the job (some people worked there for 2 years), including me, due to very, very terrible and unprofessional area manager (?).

The shop is OK and the team members were great, made new friends but the constant stress from the higher manager in an unprofessional way is not worth it.
productive
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry14 May 2019
I learnt a lot about working with the public and it helped me view a bigger outlook on how to work with the public more confidently. I got to meet new people and make new friends.
Fun workplace but bad management
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlow7 May 2019
Easy place to work
Terrible pay
Bad management
Enjoyed working with the certain people
People hired and fired/left constantly
Manager did not put trust in workers
Pros
People
Cons
Bad pay and management
Great place to learn but no area for promotion
Till Operator/Supervisor trained (Current Employee) –  Monasterevin, County Kildare27 April 2019
I've worked here for a number of years and in those years I seen alot of staff come and go. With just a few years experience there I am the longest working till assistant. Very little gratitude from management but fellow staff and supervisors are an amazing team when giving any task. Completely new change in managment and co-managment left work environment uneasy and sometimes hostile as targets and expectation have been raised to an unbeatable level.
Pros
30% discount on pricey deli
Cons
No gratitute, prices on everything, level of work expected
Excellent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  IE26 April 2019
I ddi work for Spar in Ireland as an Area manager and was my first job after graduating from college. great place to work especially an excellent franchise.
Productive and a great place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 April 2019
I liked working in spar a lot because I got to learn new skills and grow each day in the job. I grew a lot of confidence through out this job working with people on a daily basis
good place to work
Deli Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 March 2019
have a lot of different things to do as making snadwitchs, doing paper work and filling up everyone, its a good place to work and everyone is so kind to everyone
Lovely place to work
Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal15 February 2019
Lots of employees but all of them work great as a team. The shop is always kept to a high standard and the forecourt was always well maintained. Everyone was very jolly and happy in this work place. Also the free dinners for employees is a great idea after all everyone works their hardest to keep the shop as high standard as they demand to be.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Really busy place to work.