Spar Employee Review

Relaxing and slow paced environment

8 March 2020
Good job for a student or young person. The pace was very slow and sometimes boring but meant for a laid back working environment. Enjoyed my time here.
21 April 2020
Same role
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) - Donegal Town, County Donegal
I worked in this company, to find that the management unless you a yes at every step, dont bother going. Work here is easy but very busy. I found here not as good as most places Theres no pay, I know I was on higher wage than the poor girl that was there a little bit longer than me Some are very nice to work with but some make your life into depression mood. - the main manager didnt want to know of bullies if it wasn't coming from the deli manager(whom was the biggest bully along with her so called friend)
30 January 2020
Same role
Deli assistant (Former Employee) - Nenagh, County Tipperary
Upon joining the team at Spar workers are expected to be extremely punctual, quick on their feet and remember large orders as well as remembering and dietary requirements a customer may have. Whilst working in this deli, I learned about receiving orders and time management. Remembering what equipment should be cleaned on which day. Ensuring that accidents behind the counter, i.e cuts, and falls, are dealt with appropriately. Manual handling was also completed on-site. The work environment was stressful at times and sometimes I found myself left alone to deal with many customers.
19 October 2020
Same location
Shop Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee) - Dublin - Kilmainhan
A polish group that protect themselves. They get the best shifts, best tasks, never have hours cut (because the manager is polish). Then, they literally take advantage of you. The manager is ridiculous. Don't want problems, bossy, dumb, bully and rude, even with customers. If you are not Irish or Polish, you will be bullied. They blame you for everything and give you the worst tasks. Not recommend this branch. The customers on the area are not nice. Some of them really stink.
Pros
Cons
Team. Bad customers.