Spar Employee Reviews in Drogheda, County Louth

nice shop and nice people to work for just didn't fit my hours I was looking for very friendly staff and was shown the ropes straight away it was very close to home so never had a reason to be late 😊 really looking forward to getting back to work and looking for something to fit in around my son being in school
Pros
close to home
Cons
awkward hours
The pay is atrocious. My managers and fellow staff members were lovely people but it's horribly run and you feel like you are worth nothing to the workplace. Expected to do a substantial amount of work for nothing. Give very little hours and have a lot of favouritism.
my first job in retail i started as a sales assistant and worked hard to be offered assistant manager position,I learned quite alot with spar,made great friends.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
I was originally hired as a part time deli assistant , I loved this job . I was in here everyday after school and all weekend. I loved all the staff and management, and loved dealing with customers and serving them their food , I was then trained up in the bakery, making cakes, buns breads ect this was hard work but I took to this very well. I was then moved to checkout for health and safety reasons as I was pregnant. I enjoyed this part of the job also dealing , helping and serving customers , I learned a lot of skills from my time in eurospar that i will take with me for the rest of my life.
Pros
The people and staff
Busy days, opening store with managers present, dealing with customers throughout the day, cash handling, deli responsibilities, assessing stock levels and assisting management with daily income count at closing time. Many of the skills I have today were granted freedom to grow in my first job, customer service, cash handling, time management and much more. Management and co-workers were friendly, had very good relationships with all, such an atmosphere allowed for greater responsibility to be bestowed on me, and made for a great working atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was storing incoming stock, but despite the slight difficulty, working in teams of two was still an enjoyable process. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people, and dealing with the public, I always loved the interaction.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Some late evenings
  1. Drogheda, County Louth