Spar Employee Reviews in Drogheda, County Louth

3.2Pay & Benefits
Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 2,245 reviews
pay is awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth17 January 2017
The pay is atrocious. My managers and fellow staff members were lovely people but it's horribly run and you feel like you are worth nothing to the workplace. Expected to do a substantial amount of work for nothing. Give very little hours and have a lot of favouritism.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Drogheda co louth15 March 2015
my first job in retail i started as a sales assistant and worked hard to be offered assistant manager position,I learned quite alot with spar,made great friends.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
My Workplace
Deli Assistant , Cashier (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, LH8 January 2014
I was originally hired as a part time deli assistant , I loved this job . I was in here everyday after school and all weekend. I loved all the staff and management, and loved dealing with customers and serving them their food , I was then trained up in the bakery, making cakes, buns breads ect this was hard work but I took to this very well. I was then moved to checkout for health and safety reasons as I was pregnant. I enjoyed this part of the job also dealing , helping and serving customers , I learned a lot of skills from my time in eurospar that i will take with me for the rest of my life.
Pros
The people and staff
Was an enjoyable work atmosphere, and reasonable wage as an 18 year old.
General staff (Former Employee) –  Drogheda8 July 2013
Busy days, opening store with managers present, dealing with customers throughout the day, cash handling, deli responsibilities, assessing stock levels and assisting management with daily income count at closing time.
Many of the skills I have today were granted freedom to grow in my first job, customer service, cash handling, time management and much more.
Management and co-workers were friendly, had very good relationships with all, such an atmosphere allowed for greater responsibility to be bestowed on me, and made for a great working atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job was storing incoming stock, but despite the slight difficulty, working in teams of two was still an enjoyable process.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people, and dealing with the public, I always loved the interaction.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Some late evenings