Spar Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin80 reviews
Its ok to work at spar if you are beginner. Good for part time working students. But for long time NO. It wont fill the living cost of Dubliners. Also there is no any discounts for staff if the buying anything from there.
Each and everyone of the staff seemed to know each other well and everyone was easy going while still getting all the work done for the day. Nothing stressful while still keeping you busy.
An honest days work, you get paid for your time.

Nothing is incredibly tasking but it is consistent work.

Main enjoyments were dealing with customers, would not recommend if not good with people.
Was treated so unfairly. Was paid such a horrific wage, and was treated horribly from the get go. Many of my colleagues mistakes or errors were pinned on me, and I was wrongfully accused of many things. Horrible. Management haven’t a clue.
Pros
Cons
No discount. No free lunch. Horrible management. Horrible staff. Unfriendly.
Good job for a student or young person. The pace was very slow and sometimes boring but meant for a laid back working environment. Enjoyed my time here.
It is a great opportunity for who is starting working. The manager teaches everything you need to know and the experience is not necessary. Also, the payment is always on time.
I can only be thankful to that opportunity since it helped me lot on my journey here in Dublin. I's a serious place to work, organized and easy to learn.
a good expires to learn a business, good for practice a league. It was a great place for me in the beginning of my carrier in Ireland teach me a lot.
I meet a lots of new people.
Good colleagues with nice managers. Really enjoyed serving people and got good training. Liked the flexibility around hours of work and the pay was pretty good.
Hard job for a few people, minimun pay and low exigents.
To serve to people was good for impruve my english. Sadly for the managers they dont apreciate the people
Pros
pay on time
Cons
minimun and hard job
work with breakfast and lunch, deliver good food and have a quick conversation, showing attention and sympathy.
making coffee and providing a moment of pleasure.
Good minimum wage. Good flexible hours to suit employees needs. Friendly staff for most of the time. Weekend shifts are quiet while midweek shifts are busy and go by quickly.
Long hours/heavy work load with minimum pay. Nice people in food serving sections but clear segregation between floor staff and bakery/deli section. Management put a lot of pressure on staff to get vast amounts of work done with not enough time. More of a student job is needing the money but will not progress above minimum wage here only plus is an hour lunch break.
Worked there for some months, had an amazing colleagues, hard working and dedicated - store manager, supervisor, sales assistance guys. Made new friends over the time.

But over those months all of the staff has left the job (some people worked there for 2 years), including me, due to very, very terrible and unprofessional area manager (?).

The shop is OK and the team members were great, made new friends but the constant stress from the higher manager in an unprofessional way is not worth it.
I liked working in spar a lot because I got to learn new skills and grow each day in the job. I grew a lot of confidence through out this job working with people on a daily basis
have a lot of different things to do as making snadwitchs, doing paper work and filling up everyone, its a good place to work and everyone is so kind to everyone
Every day he attended to the clients' requests. He made sandwiches, all the bakery items, coffee, and the lunchtime items.
It was a good time working at Euro Spar where I learned a lot.
Pros
Learned a Lot
Cons
left there
Eurospar is a very well respected retail company. All the statff are really supportive and collaborative. Had an awesome experience working there and trully recomend it.
Pros
30% off all products from eurospar.
Spar was a really nice place for me to start it was close to where I live so it was really handy some of the locals worked there and made me feel really comfortable
Pros
Easy to work
Cons
Not many hours availbe when i worked
I really enjoyed working as a team, due to the fact no matter what job we had we wore all treated equally, i.e. the manager had the same respect as the deli assistant.
this shop teaches me how to be a good cashier and I learned a lot skills from here. Such as how to identify the cash.There is no hard part of the job cause if you have any problem then other stuff gonna help you to settle this together.So the work environment is the most enjoyable part of the job