Spar Employee Reviews in Swords, County Dublin

A Good Balance of Work Life and Social Life
At the time I was living in Drogheda and I would travel via bus to Eurospar and work for around 6-9 hours per shift. Even with all that time I was still given enough free space to study and attend college properly.
All the managers gave clear instructions and made the workplace a friendly environment.
Pros
Workplace Atmosphere
Cons
Area
Not great as a job for anyone
Not a great place to work. Not nice people and pay is not great for the amount you do in the job. I really want to have a job that I will be excited about and is a passion of mine.
very productive work environment, friendly co-workers.
Tasks: stocking minerals, beers, spirits, food products and other goods. emptying bins, filling the baler with cardboard boxes after packing and emptying the baler when full. Cleaning stock room.

I learned to use my initiative more, how to empty a baler, how to stock products properly, how to face off products, how to approach customers more confidently.

The management assessed my progress as much as they could and were happy with the results, I gained a healthy relationship with my manager.

The workplace was very lively at times, not as busy during working/school hours.

The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when I was first introduced to the retail industry, I wasn't experienced but adapted to it very quickly.

The co-workers were super friendly and helped me increase my speed and quality of work. There was never a dull moment throughout the shop.
Pros
Was asked to come back in the summer when I be of age to work on tills.
Cons
Non-favourable hours due to college timetable, was not a lot of tasks for me to undertake in January.
Starter Workplace
Great opportunity for young people to take their first steps into the working world,

work would be quick to tasks, but very easy going,

co-workers were always friendly and always willing to help,

dealing with money could be difficult especially if the tills or the machines used for the pick ups were acting up,

management changed throughout my 2 years working there, when i arrived managment had open arms, it slowly got less friendly, more about keeping the place tip top shape and keeping the very local customers (majority from different countries) and only dealing with customers when they were needed to be dealt with.

Different languages being spoken through the shop was difficult to handle because you were never sure what was being talked about, on the shop floors, even through the back area for the staff, canteen locker room etc.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer service, check-out positin, delivery-taking, putting goods on the shelfes, cleaning all-around, taking care about leaving good impressions on customers, make them happy to make sure they`ll come back!
Pros
nice stuff
Cons
mean customers