Spar Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Deli Associate25 reviews
Ireland25 reviews
Upon joining the team at Spar workers are expected to be extremely punctual, quick on their feet and remember large orders as well as remembering and dietary requirements a customer may have.
Whilst working in this deli, I learned about receiving orders and time management. Remembering what equipment should be cleaned on which day. Ensuring that accidents behind the counter, i.e cuts, and falls, are dealt with appropriately. Manual handling was also completed on-site.

The work environment was stressful at times and sometimes I found myself left alone to deal with many customers.
I worked in this company, to find that the management unless you a yes at every step, dont bother going.
Work here is easy but very busy.

I found here not as good as most places

Theres no pay, I know I was on higher wage than the poor girl that was there a little bit longer than me

Some are very nice to work with but some make your life into depression mood.

- the main manager didnt want to know of bullies if it wasn't coming from the deli manager(whom was the biggest bully along with her so called friend)
Good job for a student or young person. The pace was very slow and sometimes boring but meant for a laid back working environment. Enjoyed my time here.
my typical day at work is usually serving the customers and making sure everywhere is tidy, i learned how to make excellent sandwich which is great everyone is always so nice so it was fun working there i loved meeting new people some of them made jokes.
I worked in Spar and there was the worse Place I had work. All the managers use don't respect the others, are rude and speak with their team as a human's wonner. It was a bad time in my life.
Hard job for a few people, minimun pay and low exigents.
To serve to people was good for impruve my english. Sadly for the managers they dont apreciate the people
Pros
pay on time
Cons
minimun and hard job
work with breakfast and lunch, deliver good food and have a quick conversation, showing attention and sympathy.
making coffee and providing a moment of pleasure.
I learnt a lot about working with the public and it helped me view a bigger outlook on how to work with the public more confidently. I got to meet new people and make new friends.
have a lot of different things to do as making snadwitchs, doing paper work and filling up everyone, its a good place to work and everyone is so kind to everyone
Every day he attended to the clients' requests. He made sandwiches, all the bakery items, coffee, and the lunchtime items.
It was a good time working at Euro Spar where I learned a lot.
Pros
Learned a Lot
Cons
left there
I had to serve rolls and sandwiches to customers and helped the customers if they had a complaint. I gained great experience with communication skills.
Pros
Get my lunch here
Cons
When I worked there, which is a quiet some time ago. The staff was lovely, there was a great team work.
Long hours, especially on public bank holidays.
Pros
great team work
Cons
Busy and face-paced workplace, plenty of opportunity to expand your skills and learn new parts of working in a fresh foods store. The staff I worked with were brilliant, and we worked well together.
An average Job. Suitable for students or younger people living at home that would just like to make money for recreational activities.
Hours depending on management can be flexible.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Lots of time spent on feet
My short time in Spar was a positive one.It the heart of the community I wish there had been more hours for me. I enjoyed my time there and the staff were lovely.
Pros
Community involved
Cons
not enough hours
A days work in spar is a 9-10 hour shift pure day. its a 5 day week jobs. a typical day would be busy. sometimes you can collid with your co-workers and it can have tension in the place. when it is busy it can get extremely busy, what i like about these times is that we all pull together and take care of the customers that is infront of us. there are days where you can laugh and enjoy working and have jokes with the customers which i feel that its nice to get to know the regulars who come and and form some sort of communication with hem or friendship which would make you want back to work the next day.
Pros
discounts on lunch
Cons
the owner and manager were very rude and made it a terrible environment to work in, its a shame because the shop is nice and has great potential
was a great shop to serve customers efficiently and amicably. The staff was professional and willing to work as a tight-knit group. I learned how to organize my time effectively and productively.
Maintaining efficient hygiene standards and safe monitoring of food
Working as a team member.

Monitoring dates on food.

Developing new food cooking skills.

Working quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
- Regular and reliable hours.
- Learned lots of new skills (i.e. HACCP)

- Good management in establishment. All areas of the shop ran to a very high standard.

- Co-workers were all very pleasant and I enjoyed working with them.

- It got very busy at certain part of the day and it was hard to get everything done sometimes.

- I enjoyed the customer interaction and customer appreciation towards products that I had prepared.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Early morning starts
Very Challenging job in a very busy deli in Eurospar.
Taught me a lot of responsibilities and how to manage my time.

A lot of things to get done each day, a few examples are ;

-prepare self service salad bar and maintain throughout the day

-serve customers

-prepare prepack food for instore fridge

-maintain shop cleanness

-cook all food at right temperature

-fill out HACCP and other paperwork

-maintain stock

-close up deli and clean everything

-accept delivery

I got along very well with my co-workers, we each allocated a job for ourselves each day so we could get all our tasks completed on time, we were all good at working as a team and as individuals.
Pros
so many things to do through out the day, makes time go quicker