Spar Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant34 reviews
Ireland34 reviews
Working here required me to be a fast learner because of the rapid work environment. The work was physically demanding and i was on my feet all day but i enjoyed the sense of duty with doing things under pressure and being required to be alert . The other staff members were extremely easy going and management was always understanding and fair. My salary was good for my hours but there were no job benefits as such
Pros
Learning alot about customer service, staying alert, friendly staff
Cons
No job benefits
Its ok to work at spar if you are beginner. Good for part time working students. But for long time NO. It wont fill the living cost of Dubliners. Also there is no any discounts for staff if the buying anything from there.
Very good job, fast paced work
Very.

My main tasks was stacking shelves

Taking out rubbish

Cleaning

Taking notes of what was needed and what was missing
It was fun to work there. I was able to effectively work in the environment and was allocated to the section that I requested to be allocated to. I would work there again.
Not a great place to work. Not nice people and pay is not great for the amount you do in the job. I really want to have a job that I will be excited about and is a passion of mine.
Welcomed customers, worked tills, cash handling, managing stock, restocking, morning opnening and evening closing, all round cleaning and maintenance of shop
Good minimum wage. Good flexible hours to suit employees needs. Friendly staff for most of the time. Weekend shifts are quiet while midweek shifts are busy and go by quickly.
Worked there for some months, had an amazing colleagues, hard working and dedicated - store manager, supervisor, sales assistance guys. Made new friends over the time.

But over those months all of the staff has left the job (some people worked there for 2 years), including me, due to very, very terrible and unprofessional area manager (?).

The shop is OK and the team members were great, made new friends but the constant stress from the higher manager in an unprofessional way is not worth it.
You come in to work mood is great, nobody in bad greeted by everyone , you meet so many people from different backgrounds and jobs and different areas
Eurospar is a very well respected retail company. All the statff are really supportive and collaborative. Had an awesome experience working there and trully recomend it.
Pros
30% off all products from eurospar.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spar?
Eurospar was a very pleasant company to be employed by. The work atmosphere was always positive. The management was second to none, all staff was very efficient.
Some issues with EuroSpar:
They can make you stand at the checkout for 10 hours with a checkout counter that is too low. This is very bad for your back health.

Some items in the shop are marked on sale, but when a customer brings them to the checkout, the price scans incorrectly. This often makes the customer angry.
Cons
Long hours, uncomfortable jobs, no advancement opportunities, rude customers
I enjoyed working in eurospar. But i needed to take time out for family matters.
Busy enviroment.

Work most weekends.

It is not my desired job.

I wud like a different career.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Basic hours
this shop teaches me how to be a good cashier and I learned a lot skills from here. Such as how to identify the cash.There is no hard part of the job cause if you have any problem then other stuff gonna help you to settle this together.So the work environment is the most enjoyable part of the job
nice shop and nice people to work for just didn't fit my hours I was looking for very friendly staff and was shown the ropes straight away it was very close to home so never had a reason to be late 😊 really looking forward to getting back to work and looking for something to fit in around my son being in school
Pros
close to home
Cons
awkward hours
learn too many things management. the experience is very good is good and workplace is very friendly hard part of the job is cleaning and serving people is very enjoyable part
Pros
discount in lunch
Cons
loung hour break
Its a pleasure working in Spar because its a nice shop ,with nice people,the managment in the shop is very nice,customers are always nice
The pay is atrocious. My managers and fellow staff members were lovely people but it's horribly run and you feel like you are worth nothing to the workplace. Expected to do a substantial amount of work for nothing. Give very little hours and have a lot of favouritism.
involves stacking the shelves with the relevant products and as they get depleted. Also working on the till and engaging with customers. Good people to work for. can get stressful.
Pros
close to where i live
Cons
pay does not increase
Honestly couldn't work with a better group!
Wouldn't want to leave the place just there's no hours , management is great there and you do be well looked after
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No hours
Brillant place to work you meet lovely people all my colleagues are brillant and are up for having the craic while still getting all the work done
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Not enough hours