Spar Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 2,150 reviews
Valuable Learning Experience in Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick12 October 2019
Welcomed customers, worked tills, cash handling, managing stock, restocking, morning opnening and evening closing, all round cleaning and maintenance of shop
Decent place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2019
Good minimum wage. Good flexible hours to suit employees needs. Friendly staff for most of the time. Weekend shifts are quiet while midweek shifts are busy and go by quickly.
Amazing team, terrible higher management
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 June 2019
Worked there for some months, had an amazing colleagues, hard working and dedicated - store manager, supervisor, sales assistance guys. Made new friends over the time.

But over those months all of the staff has left the job (some people worked there for 2 years), including me, due to very, very terrible and unprofessional area manager (?).

The shop is OK and the team members were great, made new friends but the constant stress from the higher manager in an unprofessional way is not worth it.
Collaborative and Teamworking Enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 September 2018
Eurospar is a very well respected retail company. All the statff are really supportive and collaborative. Had an awesome experience working there and trully recomend it.
Pros
30% off all products from eurospar.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltinglass, County Wicklow16 September 2018
Eurospar was a very pleasant company to be employed by. The work atmosphere was always positive. The management was second to none, all staff was very efficient.
No concern for health
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket on Fergus, County Clare22 May 2018
Some issues with EuroSpar:
They can make you stand at the checkout for 10 hours with a checkout counter that is too low. This is very bad for your back health.

Some items in the shop are marked on sale, but when a customer brings them to the checkout, the price scans incorrectly. This often makes the customer angry.
Cons
Long hours, uncomfortable jobs, no advancement opportunities, rude customers
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland4 April 2018
I enjoyed working in eurospar. But i needed to take time out for family matters.
Busy enviroment.
Work most weekends.
It is not my desired job.
I wud like a different career.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Basic hours
Fun work place
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 March 2018
this shop teaches me how to be a good cashier and I learned a lot skills from here. Such as how to identify the cash.There is no hard part of the job cause if you have any problem then other stuff gonna help you to settle this together.So the work environment is the most enjoyable part of the job
nice place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth15 January 2018
nice shop and nice people to work for just didn't fit my hours I was looking for very friendly staff and was shown the ropes straight away it was very close to home so never had a reason to be late 😊 really looking forward to getting back to work and looking for something to fit in around my son being in school
Pros
close to home
Cons
awkward hours
First experience in ireland
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 May 2017
learn too many things management. the experience is very good is good and workplace is very friendly hard part of the job is cleaning and serving people is very enjoyable part
Pros
discount in lunch
Cons
loung hour break
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin Castlecknock20 February 2017
Its a pleasure working in Spar because its a nice shop ,with nice people,the managment in the shop is very nice,customers are always nice
pay is awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth17 January 2017
The pay is atrocious. My managers and fellow staff members were lovely people but it's horribly run and you feel like you are worth nothing to the workplace. Expected to do a substantial amount of work for nothing. Give very little hours and have a lot of favouritism.
good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2016
involves stacking the shelves with the relevant products and as they get depleted. Also working on the till and engaging with customers. Good people to work for. can get stressful.
Pros
close to where i live
Cons
pay does not increase
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 September 2016
Honestly couldn't work with a better group!
Wouldn't want to leave the place just there's no hours , management is great there and you do be well looked after
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perrystown16 September 2016
Brillant place to work you meet lovely people all my colleagues are brillant and are up for having the craic while still getting all the work done
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork City, County Cork22 March 2016
am the night sales assistant.. shift from 11to7. i have to stock the shop.. service with customers.. cleanining, receiving delivery. am am hard worker i would like to do something new..
good atmosphere nice people to work with
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 March 2016
i learn that not matter what u have to be calm and listen even if they are not right help the understand the best way possible without any trouble
Pros
nice customers
Cons
bad management
good team work
Sale Assistante , Assistante Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern Cross Malahide road23 April 2015
From time that i started to work in Eurospar i learned a lot of new skills after 4 months of work there i became Assistante of Manager as i worked as hard as i could . In my opinion peaple in the store like me as i always try to be helpful and fair to everybady.
Pros
10% of from shopping
Cons
problem that i have is there are days that i don't have 11h between the shifts .
great place to work. My boss was to fair and just a really nice guy.
Sales Assistance (Former Employee) –  Enniscrone, SO15 April 2015
My typical day at work I opened the shop at 7.30am.Done all the ordering on deliveres. When the delivers arrived myself and the staff would put them away as fast as we could as we didnt want them hanginging around on the flour. my boss who was so nice and was a brilliant boss to work with. All of the staff got on well and we enjoyed working together.The hardest part of my job was when it was so busy trying to get orders in on time. The most enjoyable part was meet new people. Theres people who come to enniscrone on holidays every year and you grow a close bond to them.
Pros
The pros to the job was it was near home and loved it.
Cons
the cons are sometimes it could be long hours.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tullamore, OY12 March 2015
I am meeting new people everyday. the one dislike i have is late evenings. I would love to branch out into what i done in college administration.
Pros
close to where i live
Cons
late evenings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spar. Our community is ready to answer.