Spar Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 2,484 reviews
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tullamore, OY12 March 2015
I am meeting new people everyday. the one dislike i have is late evenings. I would love to branch out into what i done in college administration.
Pros
close to where i live
Cons
late evenings
i think that a fun enjoy and hard wor pleace
sales assistant as traning (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D21 January 2015
l learn many things like as work on till talk with custmer how work can i done on shop quick work, look around work on floor and etc.
i enjoy a day when i work on spar mangement behave very well .
Great little job.
They are good citizens of their communities and of the world. Not just according to their P.R. campaigns, but for real. They think about their carbon footprint, they come up with creative ways to support local projects or small businesses, they actively promote volunteerism among their employees.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
night shifts
Interesting and satisfying
Senior Sales Assistant, Spar (Current Employee) –  Shankill, D26 November 2014
This is a busy convenience shop where I meet regular customers on a daily basis, as well as customers visiting the area. My customer service skills are excellent and I am a popular part of the whole team employed there.
I have good relationships with my co-workers and work well as a team, as well as confidently using my own initiative. I aim to ensure the appearance of the shop is kept to a high standard and that I welcome each customer so that they know any queries they might have can and are dealt with efficiently.
The hardest part of my job is to be friendly and helpful to a rude or impatient customer but I am confident that I manage these situations very well.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the on-going relationships with both my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Tiring on my legs after standing at the till for 8 hours
Starter Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swords, D16 May 2014
Great opportunity for young people to take their first steps into the working world,

work would be quick to tasks, but very easy going,

co-workers were always friendly and always willing to help,

dealing with money could be difficult especially if the tills or the machines used for the pick ups were acting up,

management changed throughout my 2 years working there, when i arrived managment had open arms, it slowly got less friendly, more about keeping the place tip top shape and keeping the very local customers (majority from different countries) and only dealing with customers when they were needed to be dealt with.

Different languages being spoken through the shop was difficult to handle because you were never sure what was being talked about, on the shop floors, even through the back area for the staff, canteen locker room etc.
Good place to work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin North, D28 March 2014
Learned a lot of new things. good team work and good atmosphere.
good
Sales Assistant, Deli (Former Employee) –  Cork, C20 January 2014
nice part time job however I would like a bit more of a challenge
Very productive
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Walkinstown, D16 January 2014
I enjoyed working here because it was local to me and i like to meet new people. i learned form this experience that you have to work hard if you really want something in life. my co-workers they were very nice and helped me get a hang of the job especially when i was lifting boxes that was really heavy i didn't like that part of it. i enjoyed my time at the till while serving costumers it was really fun i got to meet lots of new people.
Pros
I got an hour brake and free lunch.
Cons
I was constantly on my feet
Productive and fun workplace. good wage
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin8 November 2013
the most enjoyably part at work is tackling with a busy day at work. The key principal of stiffening costumes needs.