Spar Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 2,244 reviews
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland3 January 2019
Productive and fun workplace for the time I spent in Eurospar. Although I never seen it as a permanent job for me, but only for this job funding me through university I would never have graduated therefore I am forever grateful for the opportunity to work in the shop.
friendly and easily fit in
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltinglass, County Wicklow26 November 2018
was a nice place to work in, friendly staff, very welcoming, job wasn't too hard wither, work was pretty basic for a shop assistant. some of the job tasks were a bit of a hassle like stacking the wine and spirit shelves after cleaning them as it took ages.
Pros
very helpful staff
Cons
some tasks would take up a lot of the day
great job no advancement
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Bruckless2 October 2018
I worked at SPAR for 8 years in them 8 years I never got a pay rise or an opportunity to advance. This is not a reflection on me or my work but because there was just no opportunity to there was people working there longer than me and they do did not have an opportunity to advance.
Pros
great staff, friends made
Cons
no opportunities
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin12 May 2018
A typical day would be either a 6 or 8 hour shift sometimes 4 hours. I would be on the tills, taking deliveries, stock rotating or cleaning the shop. I took a lot out of working in Spar as I gained many new skills and got on well with management. The workplace was very nice and I enjoyed going to work there whenever I was in work.
Pros
Employees and employers were very nice
productive
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket on Fergus, County Clare24 April 2018
great environment
great people
love the buzz from working here
staff discount
great customers
always up for a laugh
nice handy hours
great deals on products
Pros
staff discount
A Good Balance of Work Life and Social Life
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin29 March 2018
At the time I was living in Drogheda and I would travel via bus to Eurospar and work for around 6-9 hours per shift. Even with all that time I was still given enough free space to study and attend college properly.
All the managers gave clear instructions and made the workplace a friendly environment.
Pros
Workplace Atmosphere
Cons
Area
Good workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 January 2018
Working at eurospar had giving me the opportunity and knewlodg of the real life. I loved helping customers and making sure I could help with there needs.
It was a good work experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oulart Gorey13 November 2017
The staff treatment well and I was tasked with loads of jobs to do it was a great work experience I learned a lot from the staff the hours where a little long but I don't mind them.
Pros
Threated well
Cons
Not enough jobs to do
Horrendous!
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin5 September 2017
Very poor treatment of day to day staff and favouritism and nepotism are highly at play. In a rough area with ony one member of security at any time. Difficult on mental health.
Pros
experience
Cons
poor staff care
nice workplace
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork31 July 2017
good managment, nice people , nice staff, good salary, no bad things to say about this place, salary could be better, but not to bad for a supermarket
Poor salary and no staff benefits
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2017
It's an easy going job. The management were knowledgeable. The hours were good. However, the salary was very poor. I was 16 and was paid 6.41 euro an hour. There were no staff benefits whatsoever.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor wage/benefits
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laghey , Co.Donegal3 July 2017
Eurospar is a fun and productive place to work! You get to see and talk to people everyday. The work is very manageable and enjoyable to do! Staff are also very lovely!
Pros
Talking to people everyday
Cons
Underpaid
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Ross, County Wexford2 June 2017
The shop was managed very well and I got along swimmingly with all the staff. Though the job could be physically demanding at times I got on excellently here.
always productive
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrick-on-Suir, County Tipperary4 May 2017
start work get the jobs done what you need to get done,,serve customers while your covering breaks .
managers are nice to get along with.
From when you start your shift whether it be 3-8 hrs shifts you have your tasks for the day/night that you have to do.
Pros
reduced tea r coffee
Cons
short shifts for 3 hours
Productive, caring and fun environment.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinnegad, County Westmeath8 April 2017
Great store to work for, friendly staff and management. Productive and fun environment. Excellent hygiene standards. Store is always kept clean and the staff always make customers their priority.
Pros
Excellent staff and management
productive
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 February 2017
i had duties as a shop assistant where I worked in the café and also on the shop floor. My duties were to help out making coffees, washing the dishes and cleaning after people on the café. At the shop floor I had to do manual work as in stack shelves. Organise products, label products and assist customers.
Pros
short days
Cons
no payment as was work experience in secondary school
Non productive, arrogant & unpolite head manager, low salary, no contract, bad atmosphere
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kinsealy, County Dublin15 February 2017
Low salary, bad shifts, awful team communication, less hours then agreed.
Non productive atmosphere.
Very arrogant, unpolite and aggresive head manager.
If you'll plan to je "part' of this "team", get ready for a pinch of discrimination, arrogancy and bullying from your bosses mostly, but some of your coulegges won't make an exemption as well..
1year probation without any kind of contract
Cons
Short hours
fun place to work in
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2016
I enjoyed coming in every morning and seeing my co-workers who are very friendly and supportive. I learned at lot of things while I worked here. I learned how to communicate and work with employees. There was nothing hard to me when i worked in spar. The most enjoyable part of work was laughing and having fun with the employees and the manager.
fun workplace
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coolock, County Dublin11 April 2016
i loved working here, co-workers were great team workers, always something to do and no reason to ever stand around. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers which i find i dealt with very good, i never changed my tone or attitude with the customer no matter what happened. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers, i am a strong believer in making a customer happy and every customer was a new task for me
Pros
never boring
Cons
angry customers
A very friendly work environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 1 Lower Grand Canal Street21 September 2015
In the morning its very busy with customers getting their morning coffee and breakfast. I got to know the regulars very well and theirs generally a good rapport with all the locals. Theirs always something to do, be it taking in the milk and papers in the morning, keeping the tills full of change and sending excess cash up the chute, restocking the shelves when new stock comes in, rotating it accordingly. We also keep the shop clean and tidy, making sure nothing runs out and that customers can avail of the products easily by front facing the items on the shelves. I learned a lot on how a shop is run and have a lot more respect for people in the retail business as it is a very important job. Being friendly to the customers is extremely important and i realise when your as helpful as possible they'll always come back because it makes them feel welcome. I got along well with my co-workers and they were always there for me when i needed help. We had a good team that ran very smoothly. I have to say the hardest part of my job was learning how to use the till and all the various cards that customers used. I got used to it after a month. I liked when the shop was busy and greeting all the customers. I feel better when i'm being productive.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Working every weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spar. Our community is ready to answer.