Spar Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Stocking Associate3 reviews
Ireland3 reviews
Tasks: stocking minerals, beers, spirits, food products and other goods. emptying bins, filling the baler with cardboard boxes after packing and emptying the baler when full. Cleaning stock room.

I learned to use my initiative more, how to empty a baler, how to stock products properly, how to face off products, how to approach customers more confidently.

The management assessed my progress as much as they could and were happy with the results, I gained a healthy relationship with my manager.

The workplace was very lively at times, not as busy during working/school hours.

The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when I was first introduced to the retail industry, I wasn't experienced but adapted to it very quickly.

The co-workers were super friendly and helped me increase my speed and quality of work. There was never a dull moment throughout the shop.
Pros
Was asked to come back in the summer when I be of age to work on tills.
Cons
Non-favourable hours due to college timetable, was not a lot of tasks for me to undertake in January.
When i went into work every morning i would first check the shelf's to see what was needed. I would then go into the stock room and bring out what was needed. I learned how to help people. The management was very good i got on with with the manger. I also got on very well with my co workers they were really helpful on my first day. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a customer that was never happy. But i always tried to help them out as best i could. The most enjoyable part of my job was the social aspect. I made new friends and met loads of new people eg customers.
Pros
I got an hour long lunch break.
Cons
Sometimes there were very long hours.
Excellent employer but since the recession hit my hours have been cut along with all my other work mates.
Pros
Discountes for staff
Cons
not enough hours