Spar Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Spar is fast paced, hands on and if you're not afraid to get stuck in then you can advance quickly. You will generally learn all dept. Which is good..
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Excellent Company to work for. Gained a huge amount of experience working here. Had the opportunity to manage the Store Redevelopment Project in 2013 and subsequently successfully managed the new store for 4 years.
Its a busy day you get to meet alot of new people every day. It improves customer service. You dont have social life retail your required to work flexible it can be any in 7 days.
Pros
Depend on the owners
Cons
No social life.
As the spar company is a franchise its hard to blame the company but rather the owner for the negative work environment created here this was shown in the vast turn over in staff over my 3 years there.
Cons
late nights
I have started working in July 2007 as sale assistant part time and after six months I was given key for with responsibility of manage other staff members and shift supervisor .Now its been 6 + years since I am working as a supervisor my responsibility are manage other staff members assigning them jobs and end of day sale report,till counting and other regular jobs.
Pros
free coffee, Tea