Spar Employee Reviews for Supervisor

working in retail is not for the faint hearted. it can be very hard and very long hours, especially around christmas time. you need to be able to handle yourself to work with the public and need to love what youre doing.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
lots of late night shifts
Spar Company overall it's a great company, job sometimes ist easy, sometimes it's hard like everywhere, but to work with such a amount of great and amazing people it's a pleasure.
Busy day at checkout and floor not enough staff to clear all daily diuties. great manager trying to help as much as she can but owner has his own Idea about the shop and won't let the manager take fully care of shop. friendly staff responsible punctual. sometimes stay extra to finish packing.
Pros
nothing
Spar shop was challenging job for me I worked there as a supervisor and I learnt alot of things updated my life style working as a responsible make to think differently
Pros
Not really
Cons
Shop Cloesed
You can earn variety of experience, if you want to. Amazing customers (most of them). Great staff. But unfortunately no opportunities to develop career.
Pros
a lot of self-initiative
Cons
no opportunities to develop career
Enjoyed employer and other employees. Good place to work. Flexible hours and easy to deal with. Staff were trusted and a democratic style of leadership was used
On a typical day at work, a wide array of situations can arrise depending on how the day goes. a customer could have a queery or complaint, or a co-worker could be being incompatant, and each would have to be delt with differently.
Pros
great customer service and relations.
Cons
unsociable hours
I started my practical life from SPAR and build my communication skills through this job as i dealt with customer face to face and understand the irish and other cultures. I believe this experience will go along with me in my life.
I liked working here. Hours were good. I got to put my self and skills to test my working from a cashier to a supervisor. There was a variety of different things to do every day which kept it interesting
Good work place. Nice staff. Can help you grow and develop your skills in different aspects. Enjoy working with my colleagues.
I am a good organizer and have very good motivational skills. I am a responsible and active participant in my duties and willing to co-operate. I am energetic and very methodical and like working with other people. I am the person responsible, able to work in a group as well as yourself.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
40h
O trabalho era bem corrido , pois tinha um contato direto com os clientes.E por ser uma supermercado tinha que gerenciar muito bem os produtos por serem alguns perecíveis e outros não. Ainda necessitava uma grande atenção aos de produtos que deveriam ser mantidos em temperaturas menores.
Pros
desconto na cantina.
Cons
não fornecia nenhum beneficio
some days in work is hard ,evening are hard ,when have to lock up the shop i do cash ,till have to make sure the shop is clean ,face off etc ,and of course mind the staff ,we have a laugh with customers they love when we talk to them and help them around the store ,the hardest part is to make sure tills are done right everything is off set alarm and out the door
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
8 hours