Spar Management reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the search See all 2,250 reviews
Rude managers.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin10 November 2019
I worked in Spar and there was the worse Place I had work. All the managers use don't respect the others, are rude and speak with their team as a human's wonner. It was a bad time in my life.
Stressful environment
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 August 2019
Long hours/heavy work load with minimum pay. Nice people in food serving sections but clear segregation between floor staff and bakery/deli section. Management put a lot of pressure on staff to get vast amounts of work done with not enough time. More of a student job is needing the money but will not progress above minimum wage here only plus is an hour lunch break.
Fun workplace but bad management
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlow7 May 2019
Easy place to work
Terrible pay
Bad management
Enjoyed working with the certain people
People hired and fired/left constantly
Manager did not put trust in workers
Pros
People
Cons
Bad pay and management
Great place to learn but no area for promotion
Till Operator/Supervisor trained (Current Employee) –  Monasterevin, County Kildare27 April 2019
I've worked here for a number of years and in those years I seen alot of staff come and go. With just a few years experience there I am the longest working till assistant. Very little gratitude from management but fellow staff and supervisors are an amazing team when giving any task. Completely new change in managment and co-managment left work environment uneasy and sometimes hostile as targets and expectation have been raised to an unbeatable level.
Pros
30% discount on pricey deli
Cons
No gratitute, prices on everything, level of work expected
Busy & Organised Retail Outlet
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Limerick4 February 2019
This was a large & busy Spar outlet with a large product range, a busy delicatessen, & early & late opening hours. There was a large staff of (mostly) part-timers, who worked well as a team. I learned a lot about rostering & managing a large group of staff as well as maintaining stock levels & merchandising.
Pros
Excellent grounding in retail management.
Cons
Unsocial hours.
Moderately good part time work
Sales Assistant/Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasthule, County Dublin19 September 2018
I had many responsibilities during my time in Spar. My days behind the till would usually consist of keeping everything behind the till in order such as the cigarette machine topped up, ensuring the bins were emptied frequently, greeting customers with a positive attitude and most importantly keeping the till in impeccable order.

I have dealt with people from all walks of life in Spar which is a positive thing in my opinion. I have learnt how to deal with many difficult customers in a professional manner so they are satisfied with their experience once they have left the shop.

Having a positive and healthy relationship with your work colleagues as well as superior management is something that is important to me also. Through my time in retail I always had good rapport with my work mates in order to achieve a productive shift.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
On occasions I would work 12 hour shifts which would not be my first choice of shift length.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltinglass, County Wicklow16 September 2018
Eurospar was a very pleasant company to be employed by. The work atmosphere was always positive. The management was second to none, all staff was very efficient.
Retail
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rush, County Dublin7 July 2018
Lack of hours. Good management very help full. Close to public transport. Normal retail work. Have to have pacience to deal with customers. Of ten asked to do different Jobs than the one hired to do
Pros
Good management
Cons
Lack of hours
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  County Galway15 June 2018
busy day but if your people management skills are good then no issue for you. The company suits an organised individual who can delegate and negotiate with staff and suppliers alike.
Pros
Your own business
Busy retail environment
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny21 May 2018
Duties included:
Cash register administrator
Orders and sales
Cost management

I will always appreciate the four years I spent in the retail sector as the positive impact on your character is huge
Pros
Long break
Cons
7am Sunday morning starts
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin12 May 2018
A typical day would be either a 6 or 8 hour shift sometimes 4 hours. I would be on the tills, taking deliveries, stock rotating or cleaning the shop. I took a lot out of working in Spar as I gained many new skills and got on well with management. The workplace was very nice and I enjoyed going to work there whenever I was in work.
Pros
Employees and employers were very nice
stress free
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  IE11 May 2018
the job is stress free as the management doesn't give pressure, but have work load, which if perfectly organized would be easily done. there are loads aspects to be faced during the work from the management and relation with staffs as well as customers. this creates a mature character or a leader in you
overall very good
customer service (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny Town, County Kilkenny24 April 2018
checkouts
i learned all about customer skills and day to day life in the workplace.
the management was very efficient
difficulty with customers was my hardest part
i learned a lot about money handling
Nice Management
Salary is not so good. Overall rating* Job Work/Life Balance,Benefits,
Job Security/Advancement,Management,Job Culture is 5 star.
Every day's shop is open and very busy, including holidays also.
Friendly workmate,very nice owner family.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Horrendous!
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin5 September 2017
Very poor treatment of day to day staff and favouritism and nepotism are highly at play. In a rough area with ony one member of security at any time. Difficult on mental health.
Pros
experience
Cons
poor staff care
Poor salary and no staff benefits
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2017
It's an easy going job. The management were knowledgeable. The hours were good. However, the salary was very poor. I was 16 and was paid 6.41 euro an hour. There were no staff benefits whatsoever.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor wage/benefits
First experience in ireland
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 May 2017
learn too many things management. the experience is very good is good and workplace is very friendly hard part of the job is cleaning and serving people is very enjoyable part
Pros
discount in lunch
Cons
loung hour break
Kind Staff, very helpful when training
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Thomas Street16 May 2017
Over all the work was standard. Mostl till work so it was dealing with customers at the check out. It was an easy place to work and the management were nice. The other staff were lovely too so over all a nice experience.
Pros
Lunch discount
Productive, fun, welcoming and challenging work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 May 2017
This is a great place to work, staff and management are extremely friendly. In a developing part of Dublin West the shop is never short of new customers and therefore new challenges and opportunities to work and grow.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, free lunches
Cons
irregular working hours
Productive, caring and fun environment.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinnegad, County Westmeath8 April 2017
Great store to work for, friendly staff and management. Productive and fun environment. Excellent hygiene standards. Store is always kept clean and the staff always make customers their priority.
Pros
Excellent staff and management