Spar Management reviews

Ireland190 reviews
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The management are fair and I enjoy my colleagues. I have learned valuable skills while working in Spar
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The best aspects of the job is the customer service aspect, getting to know and developing a rapport with regular customers.

I have learned valuable skills, such as, cash handling and balancing, stock management, responsibilities such invoicing, ordering and managing deliveries.

The benefit of being a diligent worker in Spar is that management will notice your enthusiasm and will encourage you to learn more about the daily operations of the shop.
Horrible place to work.
Was treated so unfairly. Was paid such a horrific wage, and was treated horribly from the get go. Many of my colleagues mistakes or errors were pinned on me, and I was wrongfully accused of many things. Horrible. Management haven’t a clue.
Pros
Cons
No discount. No free lunch. Horrible management. Horrible staff. Unfriendly.
Busy work environment
Upon joining the team at Spar workers are expected to be extremely punctual, quick on their feet and remember large orders as well as remembering and dietary requirements a customer may have.
Whilst working in this deli, I learned about receiving orders and time management. Remembering what equipment should be cleaned on which day. Ensuring that accidents behind the counter, i.e cuts, and falls, are dealt with appropriately. Manual handling was also completed on-site.
The work environment was stressful at times and sometimes I found myself left alone to deal with many customers.
Rude managers.
I worked in Spar and there was the worse Place I had work. All the managers use don't respect the others, are rude and speak with their team as a human's wonner. It was a bad time in my life.
Productive and slow paced.
Slow paced and very community based job. From staff, management and customers there is nothing but kindness and positivity. The mindset the workers have makes it very easy to go to work in the morning.
Stressful environment
Long hours/heavy work load with minimum pay. Nice people in food serving sections but clear segregation between floor staff and bakery/deli section. Management put a lot of pressure on staff to get vast amounts of work done with not enough time. More of a student job is needing the money but will not progress above minimum wage here only plus is an hour lunch break.
Fun workplace but bad management
Easy place to work
Terrible pay

Bad management
Enjoyed working with the certain people
People hired and fired/left constantly

Manager did not put trust in workers
Pros
People
Cons
Bad pay and management
Great place to learn but no area for promotion
I've worked here for a number of years and in those years I seen alot of staff come and go. With just a few years experience there I am the longest working till assistant. Very little gratitude from management but fellow staff and supervisors are an amazing team when giving any task. Completely new change in managment and co-managment left work environment uneasy and sometimes hostile as targets and expectation have been raised to an unbeatable level.
Pros
30% discount on pricey deli
Cons
No gratitute, prices on everything, level of work expected
Busy & Organised Retail Outlet
This was a large & busy Spar outlet with a large product range, a busy delicatessen, & early & late opening hours. There was a large staff of (mostly) part-timers, who worked well as a team. I learned a lot about rostering & managing a large group of staff as well as maintaining stock levels & merchandising.
Pros
Excellent grounding in retail management.
Cons
Unsocial hours.
Moderately good part time work
I had many responsibilities during my time in Spar. My days behind the till would usually consist of keeping everything behind the till in order such as the cigarette machine topped up, ensuring the bins were emptied frequently, greeting customers with a positive attitude and most importantly keeping the till in impeccable order.

I have dealt with people from all walks of life in Spar which is a positive thing in my opinion. I have learnt how to deal with many difficult customers in a professional manner so they are satisfied with their experience once they have left the shop.

Having a positive and healthy relationship with your work colleagues as well as superior management is something that is important to me also. Through my time in retail I always had good rapport with my work mates in order to achieve a productive shift.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
On occasions I would work 12 hour shifts which would not be my first choice of shift length.
Productive and fun work place
Eurospar was a very pleasant company to be employed by. The work atmosphere was always positive. The management was second to none, all staff was very efficient.
Retail
Lack of hours. Good management very help full. Close to public transport. Normal retail work. Have to have pacience to deal with customers. Of ten asked to do different Jobs than the one hired to do
Pros
Good management
Cons
Lack of hours
busy day but if your people management skills are good then no issue for you. The company suits an organised individual who can delegate and negotiate with staff and suppliers alike.
Pros
Your own business
Busy retail environment
Duties included:
Cash register administrator

Orders and sales
Cost management

I will always appreciate the four years I spent in the retail sector as the positive impact on your character is huge
Pros
Long break
Cons
7am Sunday morning starts
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day would be either a 6 or 8 hour shift sometimes 4 hours. I would be on the tills, taking deliveries, stock rotating or cleaning the shop. I took a lot out of working in Spar as I gained many new skills and got on well with management. The workplace was very nice and I enjoyed going to work there whenever I was in work.
Pros
Employees and employers were very nice
stress free
the job is stress free as the management doesn't give pressure, but have work load, which if perfectly organized would be easily done. there are loads aspects to be faced during the work from the management and relation with staffs as well as customers. this creates a mature character or a leader in you
overall very good
checkouts
i learned all about customer skills and day to day life in the workplace.

the management was very efficient
difficulty with customers was my hardest part
i learned a lot about money handling
Nice Management
Salary is not so good. Overall rating* Job Work/Life Balance,Benefits,
Job Security/Advancement,Management,Job Culture is 5 star.
Every day's shop is open and very busy, including holidays also.

Friendly workmate,very nice owner family.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Horrendous!
Very poor treatment of day to day staff and favouritism and nepotism are highly at play. In a rough area with ony one member of security at any time. Difficult on mental health.
Pros
experience
Cons
poor staff care
Poor salary and no staff benefits
It's an easy going job. The management were knowledgeable. The hours were good. However, the salary was very poor. I was 16 and was paid 6.41 euro an hour. There were no staff benefits whatsoever.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor wage/benefits
First experience in ireland
learn too many things management. the experience is very good is good and workplace is very friendly hard part of the job is cleaning and serving people is very enjoyable part
Pros
discount in lunch
Cons
loung hour break