Spar Management reviews

Ireland199 reviews
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The best aspects of the job are the customer service aspect, getting to know and developing a rapport with regular customers. I have learned valuable skills, such as cash handling and balancing, stock management, responsibilities such as invoicing, ordering and managing deliveries.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
Working here required me to be a fast learner because of the rapid work environment. The work was physically demanding and i was on my feet all day but i enjoyed the sense of duty with doing things under pressure and being required to be alert . The other staff members were extremely easy going and management was always understanding and fair. My salary was good for my hours but there were no job benefits as such
Pros
Learning alot about customer service, staying alert, friendly staff
Cons
No job benefits
I worked in this company, to find that the management unless you a yes at every step, dont bother going.
Work here is easy but very busy.

I found here not as good as most places

Theres no pay, I know I was on higher wage than the poor girl that was there a little bit longer than me

Some are very nice to work with but some make your life into depression mood.

- the main manager didnt want to know of bullies if it wasn't coming from the deli manager(whom was the biggest bully along with her so called friend)
Was treated so unfairly. Was paid such a horrific wage, and was treated horribly from the get go. Many of my colleagues mistakes or errors were pinned on me, and I was wrongfully accused of many things. Horrible. Management haven’t a clue.
Pros
Cons
No discount. No free lunch. Horrible management. Horrible staff. Unfriendly.
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The best aspects of the job is the customer service aspect, getting to know and developing a rapport with regular customers.

I have learned valuable skills, such as, cash handling and balancing, stock management, responsibilities such invoicing, ordering and managing deliveries.

The benefit of being a diligent worker in Spar is that management will notice your enthusiasm and will encourage you to learn more about the daily operations of the shop.
Upon joining the team at Spar workers are expected to be extremely punctual, quick on their feet and remember large orders as well as remembering and dietary requirements a customer may have.
Whilst working in this deli, I learned about receiving orders and time management. Remembering what equipment should be cleaned on which day. Ensuring that accidents behind the counter, i.e cuts, and falls, are dealt with appropriately. Manual handling was also completed on-site.
The work environment was stressful at times and sometimes I found myself left alone to deal with many customers.
I worked in Spar and there was the worse Place I had work. All the managers use don't respect the others, are rude and speak with their team as a human's wonner. It was a bad time in my life.
Slow paced and very community based job. From staff, management and customers there is nothing but kindness and positivity. The mindset the workers have makes it very easy to go to work in the morning.
Long hours/heavy work load with minimum pay. Nice people in food serving sections but clear segregation between floor staff and bakery/deli section. Management put a lot of pressure on staff to get vast amounts of work done with not enough time. More of a student job is needing the money but will not progress above minimum wage here only plus is an hour lunch break.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spar?
Easy place to work
Terrible pay

Bad management
Enjoyed working with the certain people
People hired and fired/left constantly

Manager did not put trust in workers
Pros
People
Cons
Bad pay and management
I've worked here for a number of years and in those years I seen alot of staff come and go. With just a few years experience there I am the longest working till assistant. Very little gratitude from management but fellow staff and supervisors are an amazing team when giving any task. Completely new change in managment and co-managment left work environment uneasy and sometimes hostile as targets and expectation have been raised to an unbeatable level.
Pros
30% discount on pricey deli
Cons
No gratitute, prices on everything, level of work expected
This was a large & busy Spar outlet with a large product range, a busy delicatessen, & early & late opening hours. There was a large staff of (mostly) part-timers, who worked well as a team. I learned a lot about rostering & managing a large group of staff as well as maintaining stock levels & merchandising.
Pros
Excellent grounding in retail management.
Cons
Unsocial hours.
I had many responsibilities during my time in Spar. My days behind the till would usually consist of keeping everything behind the till in order such as the cigarette machine topped up, ensuring the bins were emptied frequently, greeting customers with a positive attitude and most importantly keeping the till in impeccable order.

I have dealt with people from all walks of life in Spar which is a positive thing in my opinion. I have learnt how to deal with many difficult customers in a professional manner so they are satisfied with their experience once they have left the shop.

Having a positive and healthy relationship with your work colleagues as well as superior management is something that is important to me also. Through my time in retail I always had good rapport with my work mates in order to achieve a productive shift.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
On occasions I would work 12 hour shifts which would not be my first choice of shift length.
Eurospar was a very pleasant company to be employed by. The work atmosphere was always positive. The management was second to none, all staff was very efficient.
Lack of hours. Good management very help full. Close to public transport. Normal retail work. Have to have pacience to deal with customers. Of ten asked to do different Jobs than the one hired to do
Pros
Good management
Cons
Lack of hours
busy day but if your people management skills are good then no issue for you. The company suits an organised individual who can delegate and negotiate with staff and suppliers alike.
Pros
Your own business
Duties included:
Cash register administrator

Orders and sales
Cost management

I will always appreciate the four years I spent in the retail sector as the positive impact on your character is huge
Pros
Long break
Cons
7am Sunday morning starts
A typical day would be either a 6 or 8 hour shift sometimes 4 hours. I would be on the tills, taking deliveries, stock rotating or cleaning the shop. I took a lot out of working in Spar as I gained many new skills and got on well with management. The workplace was very nice and I enjoyed going to work there whenever I was in work.
Pros
Employees and employers were very nice
Cons
the job is stress free as the management doesn't give pressure, but have work load, which if perfectly organized would be easily done. there are loads aspects to be faced during the work from the management and relation with staffs as well as customers. this creates a mature character or a leader in you
checkouts
i learned all about customer skills and day to day life in the workplace.

the management was very efficient
difficulty with customers was my hardest part
i learned a lot about money handling
Salary is not so good. Overall rating* Job Work/Life Balance,Benefits,
Job Security/Advancement,Management,Job Culture is 5 star.
Every day's shop is open and very busy, including holidays also.

Friendly workmate,very nice owner family.
Pros
Cons
Salary