Spar

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Found 49 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,714 reviews

Easy enough

- Management are good, easy work, minimum wage- Can be made to work in the deli even if you asked to work in the spar section- Only issue with management is the Apache manager (petrol station so all close to one another)

Welcoming, supportive and friendly environment. I was only there on unpaid work experience in secondary school but my experience there was majorly positive

Pros

Discounted lunches and near other stores

Cons

I couldn't get a full time job after my work experience.

A good part time job for students

I'd only recommend this job for part-time students. Minimum wage but it can be a good experience if you have good work colleagues. You aren't overworked but depending on management you can be underappreciated.

Busy work place, development of costumer service.

It was a good place to work, I had good opportunities there, but the work hours and days weren't good. Salary is OK, don't expect earning much. It is a good place to start on costumer service.

My Experience

It is easy to get a job there but the management is awful.Managers don't care about their employees. Even if you are dead you have to come down for work.

Pros

weekly salary payouts

Cons

Heavy work, working standards are low and no team work.

gsfdgsfd

Good experience working part time. High staff turnover. Pay wasnt great. Jobs are boring and repetitive. Flexible shifts, willing to work around college hours to a limit. Recommended for college students

Pros

sfdgadg

Cons

adfgaag

Nice place to work

I enjoyed my short time working here in the Spar shop in Killeshandra. Nice staff and friendly working environment..... It was a good shop to work inn.

Avoid if possible

Avoid if at all possible, very little respect for employees bad pay and always problems with the running of the business on a day to day basis, 7 days a week means you have to be available basically all the time your stuck in that job and cannot get another as the shifts are all over the place you must cover the roster. If your not in management your basically looked at as a replacable low pay slave .

Pros

Paid to work

Cons

Availability 7 days a week minimum wage

Good place

Good place i did enjoy working there overall but the hours did not suit me it was overall too stressful for me and my co workers organising hours to suit everyone

Pros

Discount on coffee

Productive and fun

A person applying a job at spar have to be Very courageous and ready to work with the team.The person have to be smart ot fast and presentable and courageous

Pros

No free lunch

Good people

Good people, Supervisors & mangers are all nice and easy to talk to.A basic job but days go fast, it’s a nice environment.8 hour days with different shifts , which allow a nice balance to your work and social life.

Pros

Nice staff, decent wage for work done, good location

Cons

4 weeks notice must be given if you wish to leave, Must pay for lunches at full price, Storage room is very small

Great Place to Work

Great PeopleGreat StaffNever Any Problems With Wages Lots of OvertimeOne of The Best Retail Company's Out There Uniform Is Free AlsoStaff Discounts on Food and DrinksGreat Places To Gain Experience The Job Itself is Handy Out Overall Spar is a Good Place To Be

Pros

Great Job with No Stress

Cons

This place is not the best

It was alright to working but gets boring when you done everything you get a hour brake but still if feels like your in there a lot longer than you are.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Working hours that is not needed

Great place to improve customer service and learn to work under pressure

Working here required me to be a fast learner because of the rapid work environment. The work was physically demanding and i was on my feet all day but i enjoyed the sense of duty with doing things under pressure and being required to be alert . The other staff members were extremely easy going and management was always understanding and fair. My salary was good for my hours but there were no job benefits as such

Pros

Learning alot about customer service, staying alert, friendly staff

Cons

No job benefits

Spar

Its ok to work at spar if you are beginner. Good for part time working students. But for long time NO. It wont fill the living cost of Dubliners. Also there is no any discounts for staff if the buying anything from there.

Nice workplace to start with for work experience.

Great overall, no hassle. I mainly liked the part where I knew most of the students applying for work experience in Eurospar. It makes it easier for teamwork related tasks. Break times were reasonable. You may get some free treats if you performed well at your job.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Short breaks

Good colleagues with nice managers. Really enjoyed serving people and got good training. Liked the flexibility around hours of work and the pay was pretty good.

fast paced in my area

working in retail is not for the faint hearted. it can be very hard and very long hours, especially around christmas time. you need to be able to handle yourself to work with the public and need to love what youre doing.

Pros

close to my house

Cons

lots of late night shifts

multitasked

Hard job for a few people, minimun pay and low exigents. To serve to people was good for impruve my english. Sadly for the managers they dont apreciate the people

Pros

pay on time

Cons

minimun and hard job

workplace

work with breakfast and lunch, deliver good food and have a quick conversation, showing attention and sympathy. making coffee and providing a moment of pleasure.

Decent place to work

Good minimum wage. Good flexible hours to suit employees needs. Friendly staff for most of the time. Weekend shifts are quiet while midweek shifts are busy and go by quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement