Spar Employee Review

a typical day
general sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D2 July 2013
a typical would involve taking in the milk and fruit and veg order. rotate the fruit and veg. then do the same with the milk. we take orders for a small island called lambay i usually do these orders it involves basically doing someone eles shoping for them providing with them with the goods they require. i would be serving on the tills throughout the day as it gets busy. its a fun place to work and all the staff get along. it can get quite stressful as we are under staffed at the moment and a lot has to be done in a short space of time. the most enjoyable part of the job is chatting to the people who come in daily. its a small town the shop is in and everybody knows everybody.
Pros
its very close to where i live
Cons
long weekend hours

Other Spar Employee Reviews

Productive place
Shop floor staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 February 2020
I can only be thankful to that opportunity since it helped me lot on my journey here in Dublin. I's a serious place to work, organized and easy to learn.
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The management are fair and I enjoy my colleagues. I have learned valuable skills while working in Spar
DUTY MANAGER, SALES ASSISTANT, DELIVERIES AND INVOICING (Current Employee) –  Cork5 February 2020
I have enjoyed working in Spar. The best aspects of the job is the customer service aspect, getting to know and developing a rapport with regular customers.

I have learned valuable skills, such as, cash handling and balancing, stock management, responsibilities such invoicing, ordering and managing deliveries.

The benefit of being a diligent worker in Spar is that management will notice your enthusiasm and will encourage you to learn more about the daily operations of the shop.