Spar Employee Review

Spar -Donegal town Killybegs Road

21 April 2020
I worked in this company, to find that the management unless you a yes at every step, dont bother going.
Work here is easy but very busy.

I found here not as good as most places

Theres no pay, I know I was on higher wage than the poor girl that was there a little bit longer than me

Some are very nice to work with but some make your life into depression mood.

- the main manager didnt want to know of bullies if it wasn't coming from the deli manager(whom was the biggest bully along with her so called friend)
8 March 2020
Good job for a student or young person. The pace was very slow and sometimes boring but meant for a laid back working environment. Enjoyed my time here.
30 January 2020
Upon joining the team at Spar workers are expected to be extremely punctual, quick on their feet and remember large orders as well as remembering and dietary requirements a customer may have.
Whilst working in this deli, I learned about receiving orders and time management. Remembering what equipment should be cleaned on which day. Ensuring that accidents behind the counter, i.e cuts, and falls, are dealt with appropriately. Manual handling was also completed on-site.

The work environment was stressful at times and sometimes I found myself left alone to deal with many customers.
5 December 2014
- Regular and reliable hours.
- Learned lots of new skills (i.e. HACCP)

- Good management in establishment. All areas of the shop ran to a very high standard.

- Co-workers were all very pleasant and I enjoyed working with them.

- It got very busy at certain part of the day and it was hard to get everything done sometimes.

- I enjoyed the customer interaction and customer appreciation towards products that I had prepared.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Early morning starts