Spar Employee Review

Great place to work, needs better management

5 November 2012
My daily duties include stocking shelfs, ordering goods and taking delivery. Also customer service at the checkout and on the shop floor. Work colleagues are nice and responsive, but the working atmosphere tends to be a bit chaotic.
Pros
friendly staff
2 July 2013
Same role
general sales assistant (Current Employee) - Dublin, D
a typical would involve taking in the milk and fruit and veg order. rotate the fruit and veg. then do the same with the milk. we take orders for a small island called lambay i usually do these orders it involves basically doing someone eles shoping for them providing with them with the goods they require. i would be serving on the tills throughout the day as it gets busy. its a fun place to work and all the staff get along. it can get quite stressful as we are under staffed at the moment and a lot has to be done in a short space of time. the most enjoyable part of the job is chatting to the people who come in daily. its a small town the shop is in and everybody knows everybody.
Pros
its very close to where i live
Cons
long weekend hours
23 April 2015
Same location
Sale Assistante , Assistante Manager (Current Employee) - Northern Cross Malahide road
From time that i started to work in Eurospar i learned a lot of new skills after 4 months of work there i became Assistante of Manager as i worked as hard as i could . In my opinion peaple in the store like me as i always try to be helpful and fair to everybady.
Pros
10% of from shopping
Cons
problem that i have is there are days that i don't have 11h between the shifts .
1 July 2020
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) - Kilkenny
No chance to have all the work done on time.You start you work at 6 am( in real life 5:50) and you are expected to have most of the bread done before tea break at 9am.Before lunch you have to do the same bread again plus yeast bread and rolls.After lunch same bread again.