Spar Employee Review

great place to work. My boss was to fair and just a really nice guy.

15 April 2015
My typical day at work I opened the shop at 7.30am.Done all the ordering on deliveres. When the delivers arrived myself and the staff would put them away as fast as we could as we didnt want them hanginging around on the flour. my boss who was so nice and was a brilliant boss to work with. All of the staff got on well and we enjoyed working together.The hardest part of my job was when it was so busy trying to get orders in on time. The most enjoyable part was meet new people. Theres people who come to enniscrone on holidays every year and you grow a close bond to them.
Pros
The pros to the job was it was near home and loved it.
Cons
the cons are sometimes it could be long hours.
25 June 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Athlone, County Westmeath
Working here required me to be a fast learner because of the rapid work environment. The work was physically demanding and i was on my feet all day but i enjoyed the sense of duty with doing things under pressure and being required to be alert . The other staff members were extremely easy going and management was always understanding and fair. My salary was good for my hours but there were no job benefits as such
Pros
Learning alot about customer service, staying alert, friendly staff
Cons
No job benefits
22 April 2020
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Dublin
Its ok to work at spar if you are beginner. Good for part time working students. But for long time NO. It wont fill the living cost of Dubliners. Also there is no any discounts for staff if the buying anything from there.
19 April 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Cork
Very good job, fast paced work
Very.

My main tasks was stacking shelves

Taking out rubbish

Cleaning

Taking notes of what was needed and what was missing