Spar Employee Review

A very friendly work environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 1 Lower Grand Canal Street21 September 2015
In the morning its very busy with customers getting their morning coffee and breakfast. I got to know the regulars very well and theirs generally a good rapport with all the locals. Theirs always something to do, be it taking in the milk and papers in the morning, keeping the tills full of change and sending excess cash up the chute, restocking the shelves when new stock comes in, rotating it accordingly. We also keep the shop clean and tidy, making sure nothing runs out and that customers can avail of the products easily by front facing the items on the shelves. I learned a lot on how a shop is run and have a lot more respect for people in the retail business as it is a very important job. Being friendly to the customers is extremely important and i realise when your as helpful as possible they'll always come back because it makes them feel welcome. I got along well with my co-workers and they were always there for me when i needed help. We had a good team that ran very smoothly. I have to say the hardest part of my job was learning how to use the till and all the various cards that customers used. I got used to it after a month. I liked when the shop was busy and greeting all the customers. I feel better when i'm being productive.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Working every weekend

Other Spar Employee Reviews

Rude managers.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin10 November 2019
I worked in Spar and there was the worse Place I had work. All the managers use don't respect the others, are rude and speak with their team as a human's wonner. It was a bad time in my life.
fast paced in my area
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ballyfermot, County Dublin28 October 2019
working in retail is not for the faint hearted. it can be very hard and very long hours, especially around christmas time. you need to be able to handle yourself to work with the public and need to love what youre doing.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
lots of late night shifts