Spar Employee Review

A very friendly work environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 1 Lower Grand Canal Street21 September 2015
In the morning its very busy with customers getting their morning coffee and breakfast. I got to know the regulars very well and theirs generally a good rapport with all the locals. Theirs always something to do, be it taking in the milk and papers in the morning, keeping the tills full of change and sending excess cash up the chute, restocking the shelves when new stock comes in, rotating it accordingly. We also keep the shop clean and tidy, making sure nothing runs out and that customers can avail of the products easily by front facing the items on the shelves. I learned a lot on how a shop is run and have a lot more respect for people in the retail business as it is a very important job. Being friendly to the customers is extremely important and i realise when your as helpful as possible they'll always come back because it makes them feel welcome. I got along well with my co-workers and they were always there for me when i needed help. We had a good team that ran very smoothly. I have to say the hardest part of my job was learning how to use the till and all the various cards that customers used. I got used to it after a month. I liked when the shop was busy and greeting all the customers. I feel better when i'm being productive.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Working every weekend

Other Spar Employee Reviews

good place to learn a business
Asystent Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 January 2020
a good expires to learn a business, good for practice a league. It was a great place for me in the beginning of my carrier in Ireland teach me a lot.
I meet a lots of new people.
Not great as a job for anyone
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin2 January 2020
Not a great place to work. Not nice people and pay is not great for the amount you do in the job. I really want to have a job that I will be excited about and is a passion of mine.