Specsavers
Specsavers Employee Review

Nice workplace

6 June 2020
I only worked at Specsavers as work experience in my 4th Year Transition year. I worked there for 4 days It seemed like a nice place to work. The team were friendly and all the customers were nice. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about filing.
21 August 2020
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
Working at Spec Savers is nothing but toxic. You are constantly forced to make sale targets and as an employee you are totally under appreciated. There is always work you have to do at home after a day of work which makes it hard to switch off. Don’t waste you time applying.
Cons
Underpaid, under appreciated, over worked
11 June 2020
Dispensing Optician / Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Leinster
Physically and mentally draining, very pressurised environment and directors who do not communicate. No salary structure, no reviews. Pay does not reflect amount of work done
Pros
Career progression and experience
Cons
Stress
5 May 2020
Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Letterkenny Ireland
I worked for Specsavers for 18yrs. Truth be told I’d still be there for only family commitments changed & I had to relocate.
Starting as an Optical Assistant & ending as Retail Manager I seen it all. I can truly say they are a great company to work for. So dedicated in investing in staff. Yes, very fast paced, stressful at times..but really well supported by Directors.