Specsavers

Specsavers Employee Reviews

Well it is not very fair to the staff. The harder you work you do not get really appreciated. They do not really care if you happy or not .I use to like working there but thing have changed dramaticly.
Pros
Just free one pair glasses once a year
Cons
Just one short break and Lunch
Productive and Fun Workplace
It was my first job and learned alot. Managers were kind and everyone was hard working. I mostly did data processing in the office. It was fast paced but not stressful most days.
Opera lane cork city
The best job I have ever had. incredibly inspiring directors and management team. Fabulous culture and I love it. My colleagues all love it. The progression opportunities are excellent.
A mentally draining circus environment of mismanagement, chaos, greed and incompetence
A very poorly managed store with lunatic directors placing huge pressure and unrealistic targets and standards for staff on minimum wage. Short staffed in every department to deal with the high volume of customers, insufficient training and thrown in the deep end with a mountain load of information to learn straight away with out of date and faulty equipment for a store of its size. Horrible and unapproachable is the only way to describe upper management (ironically called 'Top Team') who are more concerned with trying to elevate their own status through groveling to lunatic directors in pathetic fashion than improving the toxic work environment and staff morale.

New ridiculous systems are constantly forced upon staff under enough pressure to perform the job and hit several targets which works to only hinder staff performance and creates more problems. Yet there are no bonuses or incentives on offer for hitting these never ending targets coincided with very poor pay for a job that commands so much knowledge. Management and staff are living in constant terror of lunatic directors' daily sales expectations. The staff are culpable at all times if sales targets aren't met which in turn creates an environment of severe anxiety and pressure.

One of the most bewildering aspects of the store is the WhatsApp group that is constantly active with messages from the moment you wake up till you go home that lunatic directors think is showing staff they are appreciated while it is actually ramming home the mountain load of targets to hit and how nothing is ever good enough no appreciation
 - more...
lovely staff, great learning environment. Career progression if desired with in house training and external courses available. high traffic store and good location
Ballina needs a new manager
The work is great, the customers are lovely. Only fault with Ballina Branch is a director who does not appreciate her staff and is extremely rude in her dealing with staff and customers alike. Very high turn over in staff very few there longer than a year.
Pros
The work is enjoyable
Cons
No training, very unhelpful, negative manager.
really enjoyable place to work
All the staff get on really well, and are welcoming to new staff and customers alike. The store that I am based in is a smaller size which made things more personal, everyone greets customers like they know them and service given is always to the best they can give. Also the team are really close which the customers often comment on which is nice to see and hear from. On a development point of view, lots of opportunity to learn and progress. I'd highly recommended. Although I am aware some of the larger stores this may not be the same situation I can definitely say I was very lucky to meet and work with a great bunch and not only that but a lot of training and opportunity had come my way from working with specsavers.
Pros
career opportunity, good team moral
Cons
late nights and weekend work, low pay
Great work place always room for progression
So the company is great to work for and the team that I work with where amazing they offer free glasses and make sure all team members are looked after as it is a stressful environment
Pros
Free glasses
Toxic Work environment
The worst toxic environment I have ever had the misfortune to work in, bias inept management. Different rules for different staff a joke really. Lack of communication between manager and staff very unprofessional.
Not the best company if you want to keep your confidence up as negativity is definitely the order of the day.
Pros
I met some nice staff/customers. Reduction in cost of frames
Cons
Unprofessional & Bias management. Not a good working environment
Alot of learning for a minimum wage job
Most staff were nice but the ones who weren't outweighed them!! A lot of bullying & favoritism among staff and also management, i enjoyed the work itself & dealing with the public was nice, most days!! Hifh emphasis on upselling, whether the customer needed r not, unless your sales were high management not happy. High staff turn over at the moment, if certain staff members want you gone they will make it there business by any means possible to see it happens, saw it done to others and my experience was similar. I wouldn't recommend this place for a job to be honest, individually most staff were lovely but as a click/ group Nasty is the only word that springs to mind!!
Pros
No late nights
Cons
Bullying, low pay
Dont get comfortable. The girls will chew you up and spit you out.
The management are nice here, however your position here is only safe if the other girls like you. The atmosphere is very click and its not an easy place to fit in- especially if you have kids. It is not family friendly. It is èxtremly clicky. If you can overcome those things it's grand. I liked it unfortunately I didn't fit in.
Pros
Nice clean place
Cons
Clicky
Dynamic.
I enjoy being busy so this worked for me, alot to be desired in internal working structure regarding management but staff build great bonds. Customers are very specific and it is not a position in this area to be taken lightly.
Pros
free glasses
Cons
long hours, shift work, unpaid lunches.
The titanic blindly heading for an iceberg
Worked in a branch in North Dublin, my colleagues were mostly very nice, but apart from maybe 2 people who held the place together, there was a collective incompetence.

The store manager is a spiteful little bully with major ego and anger issues, and no respect whatsoever for the people he shares a workplace with. Sadly, he's backed by inept higher ups.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
A few nice co workers
Cons
Poisonous atmosphere, clueless management
Enjoyable place to working
Working a specsavers gave me the chance to interact with different types of people everyday, it brought my personality and confidence on and also gave me the opertunity and experience being involved with a sales team
Company has a good business pity about the JVPs
Good company, directors treat staff like slaves, no pay rises no bonuses no gratitude overworked and seriously underpaid expect minimum wage for life.
work was grand run by clowns
poor pay no bonus or benefits. expected to do management duties with no extra pay. sexist comments from director and management, would not recommend to work here
Pros
customers are lovely
Cons
poor pay and no bonus
Internship worked
For the weeks internship that I spent here, I spent many days working on one monotonous task, it was clear to me that by taking me on, they didnt want to teach me but work me in ways they didn't want to. This would have been fine if they had thought me some more but the overall learning experience was poor.
Good
it was good but fairly boring waiting for people to come to you to enquire and ask for information. great pay and friendly staff.
i worked 3 hours a day, for three days a week. i set up promotional stands and stayed by the stand, ready to answer any queries from customers or passers by.

hours dragged because shopping centre was a generally quiet one.

every second week, i had to wear an ear costume which was unbelievably hot.

pay was great. €9.15 per hour.
Pros
very very flexible, great summer job
Cons
boring, had to wear an ear costume every second week which was HOOOOOOOT
Not a bad place to work starting off
Its fine as a starter job but wouldn't recommend it as a career very hard work on your feet all day always busy and stressful. No matter how well you seem to do its never enough th y always want more which kind of let's customer service side down which is not fair on workers as we are under pressure to get more tests in sell more and serve customers quicker
Pros
Given loads of training
Cons
Monthly wages, bonus not great if given
We have created a great team.
We have created a great team. Working together with all these people and being a part of it was a really good experience. There were trainings and different career opportunities available.
Pros
Friendly Atomosphere
Cons
Long Shifts
Good company to start off
Great company to start off with if you are interested in getting in to optics, as they give you a lot of training. Pay isn't great to be honest but the amount of training the company offers out ways this. As i said its a great company to start off with.
Pros
The training you recieve
Cons
Pay