Specsavers
Information from Specsavers:

Specsavers Employee Reviews for Assistant

Assistant9 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Spec savers were really good to me, they gave me lots of opportunities and thought very highly of me to hold me responsible for clients confidential files.
Rubbish
Clear favouritism. If you’re not in the ‘in crowd’ you get left out. As soon as management has one opinion of you it wouldn’t change. Directors spending store money on going out for food. Get guilted for having time off sick, even if you have completely valid reasons and went to a doctor. I cried multiple times due to the management there. Since leaving specsavers I’ve begun working for a much nicer place .
Terrible
Milton Keynes branch is very cliquey. You as a worker will only work one area, ie dispensing or clinical. The lenses are terrible quality... and they know it! Patients are learned on to buy additional products like a second pair or better coatings.
Platinum employer. Joke
The directors are unable too communicate properly with staff. The retail director could barely talk and was an embarrassment when on shop floor. staff with any sense have left to get away from him.
Directors lie to get platinum employer, saying they meet certain criteria but never do. Area managers never sense check information as they want another box ticked on their kpi's.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Poor directors.pay benefits.respect
very interesting and productive
The management in the store was very polite and kind, they understood the clients problems and were able to sole the problems. The experience i had was very interesting but i did not enjoy as much because i was only there to observe and volunteer.
Pros
lunches
Cons
sometimes i had nothing to do
I was there for a short time
I was working there for a very short time due to life commitments, so I didn't get the opportunity to gain any skills within that company however if the opportunity ever arises again i would be more than happy to learn those skills again
Falsely advertising the positions
The staff are welcoming and friendly they make you feel like part of the family. The apprenticeship program is one of a kind and very impressive but it doesn't secure you a career with the business like they promote.

The directors are disorganised and oblivious to the store needs. The are not focused on what is required to get their figures up just focused on blame game. I've worked for many employers but this one ignores what is essential to maintain a happy thriving business.
Pros
Set rota, free lunch on Sundays
Cons
No one has time to really push your development.
Great Learning Curve
I learned a lot and enjoyed my work. The people was great and I miss them a lot.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Specsavers?
customer service skills valued
The best part of the job is dealing with customers and the conversationwith them. I learned how to deal with difficult situations and work under pressure, and multitasking.
Pros
busy and fast paced working environment