Specsavers
Coronavirus update
Information from Specsavers:

Specsavers Management reviews

Ireland33 reviews
Physically and mentally draining, very pressurised environment and directors who do not communicate. No salary structure, no reviews. Pay does not reflect amount of work done
Pros
Career progression and experience
Cons
Stress
Working at Spec Savers is nothing but toxic. You are constantly forced to make sale targets and as an employee you are totally under appreciated. There is always work you have to do at home after a day of work which makes it hard to switch off. Don’t waste you time applying.
Cons
Underpaid, under appreciated, over worked
The best job I have ever had. incredibly inspiring directors and management team. Fabulous culture and I love it. My colleagues all love it. The progression opportunities are excellent.
A very poorly managed store with lunatic directors placing huge pressure and unrealistic targets and standards for staff on minimum wage. Short staffed in every department to deal with the high volume of customers, insufficient training and thrown in the deep end with a mountain load of information to learn straight away with out of date and faulty equipment for a store of its size. Horrible and unapproachable is the only way to describe upper management (ironically called 'Top Team') who are more concerned with trying to elevate their own status through groveling to lunatic directors in pathetic fashion than improving the toxic work environment and staff morale.

New ridiculous systems are constantly forced upon staff under enough pressure to perform the job and hit several targets which works to only hinder staff performance and creates more problems. Yet there are no bonuses or incentives on offer for hitting these never ending targets coincided with very poor pay for a job that commands so much knowledge. Management and staff are living in constant terror of lunatic directors' daily sales expectations. The staff are culpable at all times if sales targets aren't met which in turn creates an environment of severe anxiety and pressure.

One of the most bewildering aspects of the store is the WhatsApp group that is constantly active with messages from the moment you wake up till you go home that lunatic directors think is showing staff they are appreciated while it is actually ramming home the mountain load of targets to hit and how nothing is ever good enough no appreciation
 - more...
The work is great, the customers are lovely. Only fault with Ballina Branch is a director who does not appreciate her staff and is extremely rude in her dealing with staff and customers alike. Very high turn over in staff very few there longer than a year.
Pros
The work is enjoyable
Cons
No training, very unhelpful, negative manager.
The worst toxic environment I have ever had the misfortune to work in, bias inept management. Different rules for different staff a joke really. Lack of communication between manager and staff very unprofessional.
Not the best company if you want to keep your confidence up as negativity is definitely the order of the day.
Pros
I met some nice staff/customers. Reduction in cost of frames
Cons
Unprofessional & Bias management. Not a good working environment
Most staff were nice but the ones who weren't outweighed them!! A lot of bullying & favoritism among staff and also management, i enjoyed the work itself & dealing with the public was nice, most days!! Hifh emphasis on upselling, whether the customer needed r not, unless your sales were high management not happy. High staff turn over at the moment, if certain staff members want you gone they will make it there business by any means possible to see it happens, saw it done to others and my experience was similar. I wouldn't recommend this place for a job to be honest, individually most staff were lovely but as a click/ group Nasty is the only word that springs to mind!!
Pros
No late nights
Cons
Bullying, low pay
The management are nice here, however your position here is only safe if the other girls like you. The atmosphere is very click and its not an easy place to fit in- especially if you have kids. It is not family friendly. It is èxtremly clicky. If you can overcome those things it's grand. I liked it unfortunately I didn't fit in.
Pros
Nice clean place
Cons
Clicky
I enjoy being busy so this worked for me, alot to be desired in internal working structure regarding management but staff build great bonds. Customers are very specific and it is not a position in this area to be taken lightly.
Pros
free glasses
Cons
long hours, shift work, unpaid lunches.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Specsavers?
Worked in a branch in North Dublin, my colleagues were mostly very nice, but apart from maybe 2 people who held the place together, there was a collective incompetence.

The store manager is a spiteful little bully with major ego and anger issues, and no respect whatsoever for the people he shares a workplace with. Sadly, he's backed by inept higher ups.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
A few nice co workers
Cons
Poisonous atmosphere, clueless management
poor pay no bonus or benefits. expected to do management duties with no extra pay. sexist comments from director and management, would not recommend to work here
Pros
customers are lovely
Cons
poor pay and no bonus