Specsavers
Specsavers Employee Review

2 February 2020
Well it is not very fair to the staff. The harder you work you do not get really appreciated. They do not really care if you happy or not .I use to like working there but thing have changed dramaticly.
Pros
Just free one pair glasses once a year
Cons
Just one short break and Lunch
26 October 2019
A very poorly managed store with lunatic directors placing huge pressure and unrealistic targets and standards for staff on minimum wage. Short staffed in every department to deal with the high volume of customers, insufficient training and thrown in the deep end with a mountain load of information to learn straight away with out of date and faulty equipment for a store of its size. Horrible and unapproachable is the only way to describe upper management (ironically called 'Top Team') who are more concerned with trying to elevate their own status through groveling to lunatic directors in pathetic fashion than improving the toxic work environment and staff morale.

New ridiculous systems are constantly forced upon staff under enough pressure to perform the job and hit several targets which works to only hinder staff performance and creates more problems. Yet there are no bonuses or incentives on offer for hitting these never ending targets coincided with very poor pay for a job that commands so much knowledge. Management and staff are living in constant terror of lunatic directors' daily sales expectations. The staff are culpable at all times if sales targets aren't met which in turn creates an environment of severe anxiety and pressure.

One of the most bewildering aspects of the store is the WhatsApp group that is constantly active with messages from the moment you wake up till you go home that lunatic directors think is showing staff they are appreciated while it is actually ramming home the mountain load of targets to hit and how nothing is ever good enough no appreciation
 - more...
14 July 2019
Same role
All the staff get on really well, and are welcoming to new staff and customers alike. The store that I am based in is a smaller size which made things more personal, everyone greets customers like they know them and service given is always to the best they can give. Also the team are really close which the customers often comment on which is nice to see and hear from. On a development point of view, lots of opportunity to learn and progress. I'd highly recommended. Although I am aware some of the larger stores this may not be the same situation I can definitely say I was very lucky to meet and work with a great bunch and not only that but a lot of training and opportunity had come my way from working with specsavers.
Pros
career opportunity, good team moral
Cons
late nights and weekend work, low pay
1 February 2019
Same role
The worst toxic environment I have ever had the misfortune to work in, bias inept management. Different rules for different staff a joke really. Lack of communication between manager and staff very unprofessional.
Not the best company if you want to keep your confidence up as negativity is definitely the order of the day.
Pros
I met some nice staff/customers. Reduction in cost of frames
Cons
Unprofessional & Bias management. Not a good working environment