Specsavers
Specsavers Employee Review

Good

5 November 2016
it was good but fairly boring waiting for people to come to you to enquire and ask for information. great pay and friendly staff.
i worked 3 hours a day, for three days a week. i set up promotional stands and stayed by the stand, ready to answer any queries from customers or passers by.

hours dragged because shopping centre was a generally quiet one.

every second week, i had to wear an ear costume which was unbelievably hot.

pay was great. €9.15 per hour.
Pros
very very flexible, great summer job
Cons
boring, had to wear an ear costume every second week which was HOOOOOOOT
11 June 2020
Same location
Dispensing Optician / Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Leinster
Physically and mentally draining, very pressurised environment and directors who do not communicate. No salary structure, no reviews. Pay does not reflect amount of work done
Pros
Career progression and experience
Cons
Stress
6 June 2020
Work Experience (Former Employee) - Tralee, County Kerry
I only worked at Specsavers as work experience in my 4th Year Transition year. I worked there for 4 days It seemed like a nice place to work. The team were friendly and all the customers were nice. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about filing.
5 May 2020
Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Letterkenny Ireland
I worked for Specsavers for 18yrs. Truth be told I’d still be there for only family commitments changed & I had to relocate.
Starting as an Optical Assistant & ending as Retail Manager I seen it all. I can truly say they are a great company to work for. So dedicated in investing in staff. Yes, very fast paced, stressful at times..but really well supported by Directors.