Specsavers
Specsavers Employee Review

Dont get comfortable. The girls will chew you up and spit you out.

21 December 2018
The management are nice here, however your position here is only safe if the other girls like you. The atmosphere is very click and its not an easy place to fit in- especially if you have kids. It is not family friendly. It is èxtremly clicky. If you can overcome those things it's grand. I liked it unfortunately I didn't fit in.
Pros
Nice clean place
Cons
Clicky
21 August 2020
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
Working at Spec Savers is nothing but toxic. You are constantly forced to make sale targets and as an employee you are totally under appreciated. There is always work you have to do at home after a day of work which makes it hard to switch off. Don’t waste you time applying.
Cons
Underpaid, under appreciated, over worked
11 June 2020
Dispensing Optician / Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Leinster
Physically and mentally draining, very pressurised environment and directors who do not communicate. No salary structure, no reviews. Pay does not reflect amount of work done
Pros
Career progression and experience
Cons
Stress
6 June 2020
Work Experience (Former Employee) - Tralee, County Kerry
I only worked at Specsavers as work experience in my 4th Year Transition year. I worked there for 4 days It seemed like a nice place to work. The team were friendly and all the customers were nice. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about filing.
  1. Dont get comfortable. The girls will chew you up and spit you out.