Specsavers
Specsavers Employee Review

Alot of learning for a minimum wage job

30 December 2018
Most staff were nice but the ones who weren't outweighed them!! A lot of bullying & favoritism among staff and also management, i enjoyed the work itself & dealing with the public was nice, most days!! Hifh emphasis on upselling, whether the customer needed r not, unless your sales were high management not happy. High staff turn over at the moment, if certain staff members want you gone they will make it there business by any means possible to see it happens, saw it done to others and my experience was similar. I wouldn't recommend this place for a job to be honest, individually most staff were lovely but as a click/ group Nasty is the only word that springs to mind!!
Pros
No late nights
Cons
Bullying, low pay
11 June 2020
Dispensing Optician / Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Leinster
Physically and mentally draining, very pressurised environment and directors who do not communicate. No salary structure, no reviews. Pay does not reflect amount of work done
Pros
Career progression and experience
Cons
Stress
6 June 2020
Work Experience (Former Employee) - Tralee, County Kerry
I only worked at Specsavers as work experience in my 4th Year Transition year. I worked there for 4 days It seemed like a nice place to work. The team were friendly and all the customers were nice. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about filing.
5 May 2020
Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Letterkenny Ireland
I worked for Specsavers for 18yrs. Truth be told I’d still be there for only family commitments changed & I had to relocate.
Starting as an Optical Assistant & ending as Retail Manager I seen it all. I can truly say they are a great company to work for. So dedicated in investing in staff. Yes, very fast paced, stressful at times..but really well supported by Directors.