Specsavers
Specsavers Employee Review

Internship worked

10 July 2017
For the weeks internship that I spent here, I spent many days working on one monotonous task, it was clear to me that by taking me on, they didnt want to teach me but work me in ways they didn't want to. This would have been fine if they had thought me some more but the overall learning experience was poor.
11 June 2020
Dispensing Optician / Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Leinster
Physically and mentally draining, very pressurised environment and directors who do not communicate. No salary structure, no reviews. Pay does not reflect amount of work done
Pros
Career progression and experience
Cons
Stress
6 June 2020
Work Experience (Former Employee) - Tralee, County Kerry
I only worked at Specsavers as work experience in my 4th Year Transition year. I worked there for 4 days It seemed like a nice place to work. The team were friendly and all the customers were nice. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about filing.
5 May 2020
Retail Manager (Former Employee) - Letterkenny Ireland
I worked for Specsavers for 18yrs. Truth be told I’d still be there for only family commitments changed & I had to relocate.
Starting as an Optical Assistant & ending as Retail Manager I seen it all. I can truly say they are a great company to work for. So dedicated in investing in staff. Yes, very fast paced, stressful at times..but really well supported by Directors.