St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Friendly
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Cork26 March 2018
The management was very and so were the people that came into the shop I only rated the salary so low is cause it was voluntary. Felt really good after doing it too.
Pros
Nice people
An interesting experience
A member (Former Employee) –  Sligo21 March 2018
It provided me with additional group work and organisational skills. Communication skills were essential as well as being a team player, I was a voluntary member.
Pros
New experiances
Cons
Only short term
fun and enjoyable place to work while helping the needs of others
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  cork9 March 2018
Fantastic organization to work for. I loved working for SVP as they treat all staff and volunteers with great respect and loyalty. I really enjoyed my work as it was great meeting other people and at the same time its to help people who are in need at sometimes in the lifes and they receive that through SVP
Cons
enjoyable and a great cause.
good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Galway2 March 2018
i chose to volunteer to gain experience in the working world. got on well with the other volunteers. i used to empty out the clothes bins around the county
It was good job to have
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coolock, County Dublin17 February 2018
There was boring days and there were good ,funny and busy days I learnt something new every Saturday the hardest part was going in on the first day when I first started the job the most enjoyable part was meeting new faces and doing new things it was easy and hard sometimes
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
2 till 5
volunteer work
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caisleáñ Ui Chonaill, County Limerick27 December 2017
excellent for those who have no experience in retail. always looking for helpers. volunteer work so you can work full shifts with no pay but you gein excellent experience.
Pros
tea breaks, work mates, giving back to society
Cons
no pay
nice!
SALES ASSISTANT (Voluntary) (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath6 December 2017
Great place to work. Not too much demand on your time as they know you're only a volunteer.

Small shop so it does get boring sometimes. But it's a nice place to work.
Charity work
Charity work (Former Employee) –  County Cork6 December 2017
Charity work best experience as I found it such a thrill knowing I wasn't getting paid but I was helping raise money for people who need it more then I did
Pros
Lovely staff helping people
a very nice and friendly work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Cork11 November 2017
a typical day at work is just getting all the bags that come in sorted out so there not pilieing up onto of the workers

i learned that there a very good caus there very good other people who need the help

management is very good in this shop

the workplace culture is very good

there is no hard part of the job

the enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet new people and help other people out
Pros
free lunches
Cons
longer hours
Bray dog grooming daycare
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow23 October 2017
I had the most nicest job minding dogs un the daycare until their owner came and collected them. I would often throw the ball for them. Give them food.
Pros
left have 1 hour lunch
Cons
was abit boring
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunleer, County Louth10 October 2017
A typical day at work was meeting new faces and being able to help the customers with any of their queries. I relearned how to use the till, to do a window dressing, making sure all the stock was properly� displayed on either racks or shelves or in the display cabinets. The management was very helpful when they were needed and gave me constructive criticism� when it was needed. The workplace culture was open and friendly. The hardest part of the job was the leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was the meeting of new people and making new friends in the workplace.
Pros
Discounted items.
i volunteered
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killorglin, County Kerry19 September 2017
i learned a lot of organisation and how to use a till and i moved alot of things around in the shop. they showed me what you do in a work place. they were really nice there , they made me feel welcome
General Factory Worker
general warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Summer Hill Dublin24 July 2017
Here I learned to transfer my skills in the Drop In Service in Merchants Quay as I was aware of certain donations and what to look out for. I learned to communicate with the rest of the team to ensure things worked smoothly. I used my active listening skills to make sure I got things right.I also learned how to use the relevant machinery in the job to make me more effective as a team player. I got on with all other employees and had a perfect record of punctuality and attendance.
Pros
Learned ti use the machines for example, the compactor, the assembly line
Cons
Money wasn't the best to travel into town every day
Fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny3 July 2017
I did work experience here for two weeks and in those two weeks, I learnt a lot to do with the world of work and I also got a long well with the people there too.
Supportive and caring environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 June 2017
What struck me about working with SVP was the caring and colloquial nature of the staff and volunteers. Everyone was there because they were genuinely passionate and wanting to make a difference.
Productive volunteering
treasurer volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kildare Village, County Kildare17 May 2017
Helps me to gain an experience in accounting field, working with computer programs. Preparations of monthly management accounts, perform bank reconciliations, annual reports.
Pros
AGRESSO training workshop
Cons
no salary
Good insight on shop management.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth13 May 2017
I learned so much and gained priceless experience in retail management. I don't think I could have learned all of this without them. I would love a full position here but unfortunately there is none available.
Pros
Meeting people of all backgrounds.
Cons
Not being paid
Well organized and good experience gained
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 April 2017
I was part of the Finace team of Saint Vincent De paul. Team consisted of 10 people including management. It was a tight knit group and an overall enjoyable experience. My responsibilities consisted of the monthly management account, annual auditory and payroll to name a few. My days were always fairly busy but i enjoyed the different tasks i was asked to do. As a workplace it was vibrant and exciting.
Pros
Good experience, responsibility and co workers
Cons
long hours and difficult to have a work life balance
amazing workplace.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare24 March 2017
Worked here on work experience. It is an amazing place but deserves more funding. Staff is great and helps out with staff perfectly. Great relationships and very inspiring.
Great!!!
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2017
The workers were so easy to socialise with. The customers were also very friendly. You'd love to be going in to work knowing what your diing would benefit the life if someone else