Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Ireland115 reviews

Found 115 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,178 reviews

Unrewarding

Most of the time the shop is understaffed so it can be quite stressful. Also, the hours are long and unpredictable. It's not uncommon to work 12 hour days multiple times per week.

Terrible. High turn over for a reason

Couldn't recommend it less. Awful hours and little to no chance of promotion unless you are willing to bleed green for the company. And that was before it became franchised in Ireland

Avoid

While my team were great, head office was the issue. No respect for staff, very money driven. Staff were treated as punch bags. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!!

Staff are undervalued and expendable

The company does not value the people that make them money and expect them to go above and beyond their job description. Felt taken advantage of and was not respected by management

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Toxic work environment

Fast-paced

You have to be always alert, there is always something to do.. For a big company like this, they DO NOT pay enough for what you do, they do not appreciate their 'partners' enough. You put up with a lot in this store, especially during busy times. It can be stressful. You can progress to store supervisor quite quickly HOWEVER you will only get cents more for it AND only after A YEAR?? I do not think that is fair in any way because you are doing more work for a year for the same pay..they do not appreciate their partners enough, once again.

Pros

Free drinks while on shift

Cons

Pay, can be stressful with pressure on you

Great coworkers but poor management

Expectations from management is way too high for the pay you get. It is expected from yu to be available all the time, and on multiple occasions you're asked to come in even on your day off...

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Minimum pay

Mediocre at best

Good for students who need a part time job, but don't plan on having a career in Starbucks. As you move up in position in the cafes, you soon realise that upper management do not care at all about their floor staff. They don't even have a HR manager - the Store Manager is expected to be the HR manager in each store. The pay is horrendous - at one point there was a 10 cent pay difference between barista and supervisor, which lasted several months "due to the pandemic". On top of that, they decided to open 3 new stores while the vast majority of existing cafes are struggling to keep their staff/hire and train new staff.

Pros

1 free meal for shift leader, 3 free tall sized coffees per shift, one monthly free bag of coffee

Cons

poor pay, overtime not allowed, always under staffed

Busy but fun

Great place to work as a part time college student. If you get a good store with a good team you'll enjoy the job.Only con is that the pay could be better, especially for supervisors.

Pros

Free drinks, good staff

Cons

Pay not the best

fun workplace

Working in this company is good, you can learn to make hot and cold drink, make friends. I recommend to work in Starbucks is a good place, funny, and with good people

If you like working in a family environment this is the place

Great company to work with, very team oriented in the stores based in North Dublin. The managers all look after you the best they can and the hours and rate of pay are good for the job !

Pros

Staff discounts on coffee qnd food

Supervisor vs Barista

Management is paid horribly but baristas have good pay with is above minimum Irish wage difference between supervisor and barista is 20c if you want to work for Starbucks stay barista less stress more money.

Enjoyable. Good for those who wants to gain experience.

Its a fun workplace. It felt like home. So it is very comfortable. Great environment. Got to know all kind of people. Technically, your life wont be boring.

Pros

Get free beverage and food.

Cons

For part time, you dont get health care.

Very annoying

Salary not great Staff all girls so lots of gossiping No benefits except three free coffees on shift Supervisor vs barista pay is €0.25c Customers expect you to jump off a cliff for them just for a coffee

Pros

Shifts aren’t too long

Cons

Everything else

Shocking management

i asked for a raise after working there for three years and i have been a supervisor for two. I have still not heard anything about it. As of now I earn 10.65 which is ludicrous as I am the assistant manager. The work does not match the pay. On top of this, the company's response to staff leading up to the pandemic was shocking. No protections were put in place for staff or customers, no gloves or sanitizer provided. They simply do not care about the well being of their staff.

Pros

free bad coffee

Cons

long hours, shift work, no weekends off as manager takes them, bad hiring process, bad pay

Productive and fun environment

Typical day at work, Productive and fun environment, multicultural, team work, activities, live music and social events. I learned how to deal with customers compliments and make them satisfied. Most enjoyable part when customers likes the drink i make for them.

Productive place to work.

Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.

Pros

Free lunch for supervisors

General

Calidad human en cuestiones del trato a sus empleados. Una de las mejores empresas para trabajar

Productive and learning place

Starbucks gives you an opportunity to improve and learn. There is a good work environment because it is a company that encourages integration and multiculturalism.

Stressful and Disappointing Management

I have worked with the company for over 4 years. In general it was a fun place to work where you could improve your coffee skills. Most partners and regular customers were friendly; however these points were just about the only positives of working there. Constant stress and expectations played a heavy role on my mental health and well-being. Any attempts to talk about my stress resulted in failure due to the manager telling me to "Get on top of it or find another job". Despite performing my role above and beyond of what was asked; there was never any help or gratitude for the work done. Management: - You are expected to consistently accept harassment from management despite raising concern with the district manager. - Manager would be on her phone in the office for the majority of the day while passing off her tasks to other supervisors while they had to juggle their own tasks. - Staff turnover is rapid. Our store was without a manager for 3 months and the supervisors were made to perform the managerial tasks for those 3 months without gratitude or pay increase. - Manager would bully, belittle and talk over employees (myself included) on a daily basis. District manager did nothing to help. On top of all that, the pay is an insult for the work done.

Awful

I worked hard, did my best but they still treated my awfully. Got below minimum wage and they are just plain awful to work for. On top of everything else you have to pay for your lunch.... Don't work here. There is a reason the turnover rate is sky high. I didn't get trained properly and then got given out to for not knowing how to do something. Really nice..

Pros

3 Free drinks

Cons

Terrible pay

Terrible

Ridiculous people. Cut your hours with no warning or explanation. Actually got a written warning for forgetting to pick up tissues behind the bin in the customer toilet one night. One piece of work in the store I worked in was a nightmare. Everyone hated him. Always was scheduled on the evening/night shift. Always reserved the morning shift for themselves and their fellow specific colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement