Starbucks
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Ireland101 reviews
Productive place to work.
Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.
Pros
Free lunch for supervisors
General
Calidad human en cuestiones del trato a sus empleados. Una de las mejores empresas para trabajar
Productive and learning place
Starbucks gives you an opportunity to improve and learn. There is a good work environment because it is a company that encourages integration and multiculturalism.
Stressful and Disappointing Management
I have worked with the company for over 4 years.
In general it was a fun place to work where you could improve your coffee skills. Most partners and regular customers were friendly; however these points were just about the only positives of working there.

Constant stress and expectations played a heavy role on my mental health and well-being. Any attempts to talk about my stress resulted in failure due to the manager telling me to "Get on top of it or find another job".

Despite performing my role above and beyond of what was asked; there was never any help or gratitude for the work done.

Management:

- You are expected to consistently accept harassment from management despite raising concern with the district manager.

- Manager would be on her phone in the office for the majority of the day while passing off her tasks to other supervisors while they had to juggle their own tasks.

- Staff turnover is rapid. Our store was without a manager for 3 months and the supervisors were made to perform the managerial tasks for those 3 months without gratitude or pay increase.

- Manager would bully, belittle and talk over employees (myself included) on a daily basis. District manager did nothing to help.

On top of all that, the pay is an insult for the work done.
Awful
I worked hard, did my best but they still treated my awfully. Got below minimum wage and they are just plain awful to work for. On top of everything else you have to pay for your lunch.... Don't work here. There is a reason the turnover rate is sky high. I didn't get trained properly and then got given out to for not knowing how to do something. Really nice..
Pros
3 Free drinks
Cons
Terrible pay
Terrible
Ridiculous people. Cut your hours with no warning or explanation. Actually got a written warning for forgetting to pick up tissues behind the bin in the customer toilet one night. One piece of work in the store I worked in was a nightmare. Everyone hated him. Always was scheduled on the evening/night shift. Always reserved the morning shift for themselves and their fellow specific colleagues
Ok place
It's ok there, monthly payment was pain in da as, u can do the shifts in other branches to make up your salary, free coffee and tea, food at discount, no sale bonuses,
Work life
Long lasting option if you commit to connecting with the staff and keep up with seasonal drinks.Teamwork , mastering your craft and listening is essential. Making sure you pay attention to Starbucks personal goals such as making the experience feel personal for each customer is important. Take Pride in being part of the Starbucks family and you'll fit right in ! Enjoyed my overall time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
Good
It was good experience, good company, funny job good about everything
very busy work environment
manager always adapts for staff and takes everyones needs into consideration. however you need to be able to keep up in a busy stressful work environment
Great job
It was an experience working at Starbucks I acquired such great skills such as working as a barista working in a fast Environment and I would love to get another job at Starbucks because I’m looking for a job
Fun workplace
It is realle great to work in Starbucks, the place is very clean and the Supervisor and the Manager are really good people and everyone is concerned about you and if you are learning enough.

Fun place, highly recommended.
Productive and fun place
It is a very easy job, the hardest thing is when it is busy (weekends, holidays time, christmas) we have to make sure everyone is happy, customers, staff, and everything is running well.
Bad management, no regard for employees
Worked with the company for 4 years starting as barista and worked my way up to supervisor the supervisor rate started at .15c more than minimum wage lots expected of you and a lot of pressure for no reward. Free lunches was a perk as supervisor but baristas paid half price. Management were terrible, staff turnover was constant, left the company after 4 years without a thank you or goodbye.
Fast paced, stressful but exciting
Bad experience with management, unreliable and unfriendly environment to work in. Fast-paced job making it an also stressful environment, an extremely serious company that only cares about money.
good environment, stressful job, not enough payment
stressful and busy at all times , and sometimes payment isnt enough fir the anount of work done , made lots of friends at wokr and enivronment was quite good tbh.
am willing to develope myslef by going up the ranks and i did even in starbucks as i am a supervisor now.
Productive and competitive
Great working at starbucks. I just feel i have had enough of it. but the environment is thriving and challenging which makes the staff on their toes. Full of customer interactions.
Would not recommend
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
Stay away!
Worst management.
The managers think that being rude and not being nice is the way to control staff. I was working as the team leader there and my general manager always yells at me ‘ why’re you so nice to the staff, you’ve to rude’

I know that’s not the way to do it. Brainless people are all over. I cannot handle the pressure there and I left. It’s a sinking ship
Pros
Cons
Worst management 40minutes break being rude understaffed
Place to learn
Its a place that gives you the opportunity to meet different cultures, the diversity of backgrounds of all the partners make starbucks a fantastic experience of life.
stressful
a stressful place to work, great people working there, the salary fro barista is okay, but they don't pay more money if people work on Saturdays and Sundays.