Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Its a fun workplace. It felt like home. So it is very comfortable. Great environment. Got to know all kind of people. Technically, your life wont be boring.
Pros
Get free beverage and food.
Cons
For part time, you dont get health care.
Salary not great Staff all girls so lots of gossiping No benefits except three free coffees on shift Supervisor vs barista pay is €0.25c Customers expect you to jump off a cliff for them just for a coffee
Pros
Shifts aren’t too long
Cons
Everything else
i asked for a raise after working there for three years and i have been a supervisor for two. I have still not heard anything about it. As of now I earn 10.65 which is ludicrous as I am the assistant manager. The work does not match the pay. On top of this, the company's response to staff leading up to the pandemic was shocking. No protections were put in place for staff or customers, no gloves or sanitizer provided. They simply do not care about the well being of their staff.
Pros
free bad coffee
Cons
long hours, shift work, no weekends off as manager takes them, bad hiring process, bad pay
Typical day at work, Productive and fun environment, multicultural, team work, activities, live music and social events. I learned how to deal with customers compliments and make them satisfied. Most enjoyable part when customers likes the drink i make for them.
Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.
Pros
Free lunch for supervisors
Cons
Calidad human en cuestiones del trato a sus empleados. Una de las mejores empresas para trabajar
Starbucks gives you an opportunity to improve and learn. There is a good work environment because it is a company that encourages integration and multiculturalism.
I have worked with the company for over 4 years. In general it was a fun place to work where you could improve your coffee skills. Most partners and regular customers were friendly; however these points were just about the only positives of working there. Constant stress and expectations played a heavy role on my mental health and well-being. Any attempts to talk about my stress resulted in failure due to the manager telling me to "Get on top of it or find another job". Despite performing my role above and beyond of what was asked; there was never any help or gratitude for the work done. Management: - You are expected to consistently accept harassment from management despite raising concern with the district manager. - Manager would be on her phone in the office for the majority of the day while passing off her tasks to other supervisors while they had to juggle their own tasks. - Staff turnover is rapid. Our store was without a manager for 3 months and the supervisors were made to perform the managerial tasks for those 3 months without gratitude or pay increase. - Manager would bully, belittle and talk over employees (myself included) on a daily basis. District manager did nothing to help. On top of all that, the pay is an insult for the work done.
I worked hard, did my best but they still treated my awfully. Got below minimum wage and they are just plain awful to work for. On top of everything else you have to pay for your lunch.... Don't work here. There is a reason the turnover rate is sky high. I didn't get trained properly and then got given out to for not knowing how to do something. Really nice..
Pros
3 Free drinks
Cons
Terrible pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
Ridiculous people. Cut your hours with no warning or explanation. Actually got a written warning for forgetting to pick up tissues behind the bin in the customer toilet one night. One piece of work in the store I worked in was a nightmare. Everyone hated him. Always was scheduled on the evening/night shift. Always reserved the morning shift for themselves and their fellow specific colleagues
It's ok there, monthly payment was pain in da as, u can do the shifts in other branches to make up your salary, free coffee and tea, food at discount, no sale bonuses,
Long lasting option if you commit to connecting with the staff and keep up with seasonal drinks.Teamwork , mastering your craft and listening is essential. Making sure you pay attention to Starbucks personal goals such as making the experience feel personal for each customer is important. Take Pride in being part of the Starbucks family and you'll fit right in ! Enjoyed my overall time.
It was good experience, good company, funny job good about everything
manager always adapts for staff and takes everyones needs into consideration. however you need to be able to keep up in a busy stressful work environment
It was an experience working at Starbucks I acquired such great skills such as working as a barista working in a fast Environment and I would love to get another job at Starbucks because I’m looking for a job
It is realle great to work in Starbucks, the place is very clean and the Supervisor and the Manager are really good people and everyone is concerned about you and if you are learning enough. Fun place, highly recommended.
It is a very easy job, the hardest thing is when it is busy (weekends, holidays time, christmas) we have to make sure everyone is happy, customers, staff, and everything is running well.
Worked with the company for 4 years starting as barista and worked my way up to supervisor the supervisor rate started at .15c more than minimum wage lots expected of you and a lot of pressure for no reward. Free lunches was a perk as supervisor but baristas paid half price. Management were terrible, staff turnover was constant, left the company after 4 years without a thank you or goodbye.
Bad experience with management, unreliable and unfriendly environment to work in. Fast-paced job making it an also stressful environment, an extremely serious company that only cares about money.
stressful and busy at all times , and sometimes payment isnt enough fir the anount of work done , made lots of friends at wokr and enivronment was quite good tbh. am willing to develope myslef by going up the ranks and i did even in starbucks as i am a supervisor now.
Great working at starbucks. I just feel i have had enough of it. but the environment is thriving and challenging which makes the staff on their toes. Full of customer interactions.
  1. Employee reviews