Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 83 reviews matching the search See all 38,231 reviews
Stay away!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin18 October 2019
Worst management.
The managers think that being rude and not being nice is the way to control staff. I was working as the team leader there and my general manager always yells at me ‘ why’re you so nice to the staff, you’ve to rude’
I know that’s not the way to do it. Brainless people are all over. I cannot handle the pressure there and I left. It’s a sinking ship
Pros
Cons
Worst management 40minutes break being rude understaffed
stressful
Barista -Ireland (Current Employee) –  Starbucks10 September 2019
a stressful place to work, great people working there, the salary fro barista is okay, but they don't pay more money if people work on Saturdays and Sundays.
Fun, busy workplace
Barista/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Dublin31 August 2019
Quite busy throughout the day making drinks and serving food. Gained great experience dealing with customers and getting to know the regulars.Had a great relationship with fellow workers and enjoyed chatting with customers everyday
Productive and fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2019
A new experience for me as I have never work closely with users/consumers.

Able to help me to communicate more with customers more and made them feel welcomed.

Both managers and supervisors are helpful enough to ensure I learn all the new stuff within days.

The workplace culture made me feels like family. All individuals are treat equally and we can always communicate in a good way if there is any confusions.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service, Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2019
Enjoyed working there for almost 2 years, the team was really great and lovely and the hours were very flexible. It is a very good place to start to work.
Avoid working here
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ireland1 August 2019
Basically the worst job of my entire life. The company doesn’t care at all about its employees and they expect way too much from a minimum wage barista job.
Every few months you’ll get added jobs on top of the huge work load they already expect you to do.
Hard work no reward awful managers/head office
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 July 2019
You work a lot get not much in return some managers think they are God almighty, they head office is always on your hear if you don't lick their a**es you'll get nowhere. Wages are a joke after years they'll give you a few cents thinking that's a lot barely above minimum wage.
Busy environment
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Howth, County Dublin10 July 2019
very busy, fast paste environment.
shifts can be long.
lovely staff to work with.
has a wide employee community, were you can meet and learn from one another.
Friendly environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 July 2019
I have really enjoyed working in the Nutgrove store. It is a very friendly place to work in with lovely staff and some of the best customers. The best part of the job is engaging with the customers. The hardest part of the job is progressing past supervisor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not much room for promotion
Ótimo
Barista (Former Employee) –  dublin16 June 2019
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
Fun place to work as the staff work very much as a team.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Waterloo14 May 2019
Overall I enjoyed my time working here as I got to know my colleagues very well and we formed a very good team together.
I learned a lot during my time here and grew as a person.
The importance placed on the customers experience gave the café a nice environment as each barista got to know dozens of customers through learning their name and order.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
After two years the work became extremely repetitive
Fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin9 May 2019
depending on the day it might be extremely busy but others empty which is expected in the airport. start the day by taking my till i go down set it up take orders, maybe have to help make the drinks all of which is showing in the first 2 weeks. then in the evening or night, we clean and restock fridges and ice for the staff starting at 4 am.
Pros
free drinks, and free lunches from many different companies
Cons
long shifts
Not that great, to be honest
Barista (Former Employee) –  County Dublin3 May 2019
It's fun at first, but after a few months, not so much. My co workers were great and my manager was a nice, hard working person which made the job bearable. However, Starbucks as a corporation and company really does not care for its employees. Minimum break times (30 minutes for an 8 hour shift, 15 minutes for a 6 hour shift), and minimum wage.

Unless for some reason you love a job with a LOT of cleaning and minimum wage, then I really do not recommend working here long term.
Pros
Free coffee, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage, Minimum break times
It's all about the team work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 April 2019
Work load at Starbucks depends on the store. Some stores are busier than others. What a lot people may not know is that 60% of your day will be spent cleaning. It's not only about costumer service and coffee, it's mostly about cleaning.
A job for someone who cannot find one.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 April 2019
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.
Good part time job, Bad management
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2019
It's a good part time job if you are in college looking for your coffee fix and to earn a bit. The wages aren't great if it is your first job, they literally pay minimum.
The manager at my store is very nice, although she does pressure the employees to work more hours. (I started my training at Starbucks during my notice period in my previous job)
The supervisors are okay, some gossip and don't do anything, others help out a lot and care about if you are progressing. Like any other job.
The one thing that really annoys me is their training. You are left with fellow baristas, their job is not to train you, they don't know how. They don't show you much and then are complained about to supervisors.
Pros
3 small coffees per shift
Cons
Terrible training system
Nice atmosphere
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
Very nice atmosphere had such a good time with all the crew even the management they were all very kind and trained me as best as they could.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, Great Manager, multicultural environment.
Cons
Low salary
Ridiculous standards
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 February 2019
The managers tend to be too strict about standards. Supervisors gossip behind your back to cover their a**es. The job is ok, but I guess it was the staff in my store that contributed to the attitude I've got towards this company. However, there are pros as well:
*Easy to learn
*Flexible hours
*Paid breaks
Nice as a temporary or part-time job.
Shift supervisor
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2019
8hour-shifts, challenging but interesting, learned responsibilities of team leading and training, learned a lot about customer service, learned about time organisation
Great company,
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2019
A typical day at work is being friendly and accommodating to customers, positive vibes and good energy. Learned a lot. Great company, but bad management practices (i.e micromanaging, poor treatment to employees) leading to unnecessary stress, pressure and expectation to perform more from the employee. On the other hand, overall nice atmosphere with other partners. Opening hours are too early and closing hours are too late. I always get excited about promotional new drinks!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

515.2K