Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 90 reviews matching the search See all 39,740 reviews
Productive and fun place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IE15 November 2019
It is a very easy job, the hardest thing is when it is busy (weekends, holidays time, christmas) we have to make sure everyone is happy, customers, staff, and everything is running well.
Bad management, no regard for employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny11 November 2019
Worked with the company for 4 years starting as barista and worked my way up to supervisor the supervisor rate started at .15c more than minimum wage lots expected of you and a lot of pressure for no reward. Free lunches was a perk as supervisor but baristas paid half price. Management were terrible, staff turnover was constant, left the company after 4 years without a thank you or goodbye.
Fast paced, stressful but exciting
barista (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow10 November 2019
Bad experience with management, unreliable and unfriendly environment to work in. Fast-paced job making it an also stressful environment, an extremely serious company that only cares about money.
good environment, stressful job, not enough payment
Barista/coffee shop supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin7 November 2019
stressful and busy at all times , and sometimes payment isnt enough fir the anount of work done , made lots of friends at wokr and enivronment was quite good tbh.
am willing to develope myslef by going up the ranks and i did even in starbucks as i am a supervisor now.
Productive and competitive
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin26 October 2019
Great working at starbucks. I just feel i have had enough of it. but the environment is thriving and challenging which makes the staff on their toes. Full of customer interactions.
Would not recommend
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 October 2019
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
Stay away!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin18 October 2019
Worst management.
The managers think that being rude and not being nice is the way to control staff. I was working as the team leader there and my general manager always yells at me ‘ why’re you so nice to the staff, you’ve to rude’
I know that’s not the way to do it. Brainless people are all over. I cannot handle the pressure there and I left. It’s a sinking ship
Pros
Cons
Worst management 40minutes break being rude understaffed
Place to learn
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2019
Its a place that gives you the opportunity to meet different cultures, the diversity of backgrounds of all the partners make starbucks a fantastic experience of life.
stressful
Barista -Ireland (Current Employee) –  Starbucks10 September 2019
a stressful place to work, great people working there, the salary fro barista is okay, but they don't pay more money if people work on Saturdays and Sundays.
Fun, busy workplace
Barista/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Dublin31 August 2019
Quite busy throughout the day making drinks and serving food. Gained great experience dealing with customers and getting to know the regulars.Had a great relationship with fellow workers and enjoyed chatting with customers everyday
Productive and fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2019
A new experience for me as I have never work closely with users/consumers.

Able to help me to communicate more with customers more and made them feel welcomed.

Both managers and supervisors are helpful enough to ensure I learn all the new stuff within days.

The workplace culture made me feels like family. All individuals are treat equally and we can always communicate in a good way if there is any confusions.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service, Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2019
Enjoyed working there for almost 2 years, the team was really great and lovely and the hours were very flexible. It is a very good place to start to work.
Avoid working here
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ireland1 August 2019
Basically the worst job of my entire life. The company doesn’t care at all about its employees and they expect way too much from a minimum wage barista job.
Every few months you’ll get added jobs on top of the huge work load they already expect you to do.
Hard work no reward awful managers/head office
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 July 2019
You work a lot get not much in return some managers think they are God almighty, they head office is always on your hear if you don't lick their a**es you'll get nowhere. Wages are a joke after years they'll give you a few cents thinking that's a lot barely above minimum wage.
Busy environment
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Howth, County Dublin10 July 2019
very busy, fast paste environment.
shifts can be long.
lovely staff to work with.
has a wide employee community, were you can meet and learn from one another.
Friendly environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 July 2019
I have really enjoyed working in the Nutgrove store. It is a very friendly place to work in with lovely staff and some of the best customers. The best part of the job is engaging with the customers. The hardest part of the job is progressing past supervisor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not much room for promotion
Ótimo
Barista (Former Employee) –  dublin16 June 2019
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
Fun place to work as the staff work very much as a team.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Waterloo14 May 2019
Overall I enjoyed my time working here as I got to know my colleagues very well and we formed a very good team together.
I learned a lot during my time here and grew as a person.
The importance placed on the customers experience gave the café a nice environment as each barista got to know dozens of customers through learning their name and order.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
After two years the work became extremely repetitive
Fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin9 May 2019
depending on the day it might be extremely busy but others empty which is expected in the airport. start the day by taking my till i go down set it up take orders, maybe have to help make the drinks all of which is showing in the first 2 weeks. then in the evening or night, we clean and restock fridges and ice for the staff starting at 4 am.
Pros
free drinks, and free lunches from many different companies
Cons
long shifts
Not that great, to be honest
Barista (Former Employee) –  County Dublin3 May 2019
It's fun at first, but after a few months, not so much. My co workers were great and my manager was a nice, hard working person which made the job bearable. However, Starbucks as a corporation and company really does not care for its employees. Minimum break times (30 minutes for an 8 hour shift, 15 minutes for a 6 hour shift), and minimum wage.

Unless for some reason you love a job with a LOT of cleaning and minimum wage, then I really do not recommend working here long term.
Pros
Free coffee, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage, Minimum break times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

515.7K