Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 35,273 reviews
Friendly environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 July 2019
I have really enjoyed working in the Nutgrove store. It is a very friendly place to work in with lovely staff and some of the best customers. The best part of the job is engaging with the customers. The hardest part of the job is progressing past supervisor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not much room for promotion
Ótimo
Barista (Former Employee) –  dublin16 June 2019
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
Fun place to work as the staff work very much as a team.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Waterloo14 May 2019
Overall I enjoyed my time working here as I got to know my colleagues very well and we formed a very good team together.
I learned a lot during my time here and grew as a person.
The importance placed on the customers experience gave the café a nice environment as each barista got to know dozens of customers through learning their name and order.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
After two years the work became extremely repetitive
Fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin9 May 2019
depending on the day it might be extremely busy but others empty which is expected in the airport. start the day by taking my till i go down set it up take orders, maybe have to help make the drinks all of which is showing in the first 2 weeks. then in the evening or night, we clean and restock fridges and ice for the staff starting at 4 am.
Pros
free drinks, and free lunches from many different companies
Cons
long shifts
Not that great, to be honest
Barista (Former Employee) –  County Dublin3 May 2019
It's fun at first, but after a few months, not so much. My co workers were great and my manager was a nice, hard working person which made the job bearable. However, Starbucks as a corporation and company really does not care for its employees. Minimum break times (30 minutes for an 8 hour shift, 15 minutes for a 6 hour shift), and minimum wage.

Unless for some reason you love a job with a LOT of cleaning and minimum wage, then I really do not recommend working here long term.
Pros
Free coffee, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage, Minimum break times
It's all about the team work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 April 2019
Work load at Starbucks depends on the store. Some stores are busier than others. What a lot people may not know is that 60% of your day will be spent cleaning. It's not only about costumer service and coffee, it's mostly about cleaning.
A job for someone who cannot find one.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 April 2019
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.
Good part time job, Bad management
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2019
It's a good part time job if you are in college looking for your coffee fix and to earn a bit. The wages aren't great if it is your first job, they literally pay minimum.
The manager at my store is very nice, although she does pressure the employees to work more hours. (I started my training at Starbucks during my notice period in my previous job)
The supervisors are okay, some gossip and don't do anything, others help out a lot and care about if you are progressing. Like any other job.
The one thing that really annoys me is their training. You are left with fellow baristas, their job is not to train you, they don't know how. They don't show you much and then are complained about to supervisors.
Pros
3 small coffees per shift
Cons
Terrible training system
Nice atmosphere
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
Very nice atmosphere had such a good time with all the crew even the management they were all very kind and trained me as best as they could.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, Great Manager, multicultural environment.
Cons
Low salary
Ridiculous standards
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 February 2019
The managers tend to be too strict about standards. Supervisors gossip behind your back to cover their a**es. The job is ok, but I guess it was the staff in my store that contributed to the attitude I've got towards this company. However, there are pros as well:
*Easy to learn
*Flexible hours
*Paid breaks
Nice as a temporary or part-time job.
Shift supervisor
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2019
8hour-shifts, challenging but interesting, learned responsibilities of team leading and training, learned a lot about customer service, learned about time organisation
Great company,
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2019
A typical day at work is being friendly and accommodating to customers, positive vibes and good energy. Learned a lot. Great company, but bad management practices (i.e micromanaging, poor treatment to employees) leading to unnecessary stress, pressure and expectation to perform more from the employee. On the other hand, overall nice atmosphere with other partners. Opening hours are too early and closing hours are too late. I always get excited about promotional new drinks!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management issues
Fun and easy enough, good student job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 January 2019
Easy enough, flexible hours which was handy for working around my college hours. Most people working there are sound, the odd customer is a pain but most just want a coffee to go
Pros
coffee tastings, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
customers can be awkward at times, you smell like stale coffee and syrups after every shift
a bit all over the place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Galway28 December 2018
Bad management. Overstaffed and seemed to keep recruiting bad store managers. Training was focused more on how to write on cups than actually making coffees
Pros
free coffees and half price lunches
Cons
irregular hours
Productive and good place to work
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Galway17 December 2018
Is a good place to work with benefits, pay, promotion opportunities and great group of partners to work with. Management has a great communication and a diverse and good culture.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
little long holidays
Overworked and Underpaid
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 October 2018
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
Barista
Barista Trainne (Former Employee) –  City Centre Dublin, County Dublin17 October 2018
A typical day at work for me is to interact with the customers , give them best service, be respectful to them and to my partners, always work in team, because a think is an important skill to have a good working environment. I learned to be more patient and solidarity with the people, always have the best attitude and enjoy My activities were: staff training and supervisor, look after the stock and customer service. One of the things that i like to feel when i'm at work. is like my home because i want to feel that i'm enjoying what I am doing, meeting new people and at work everyone has to be treated equal. I think that the hardest part of the job is when the partners don't want to help each other and the work starts to be more difficult to do it, but comming an agreement, we can solve the situation and i great ambient at work. The most enjoyablet part of the job is when the customer recognizes your effort and the good service you have given. of course have a good relationship with your parents.
Cons
20 hrs per week
fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ireland and Taiwan16 October 2018
Starbucks has very good environment for working.
The culture is nice and positive.
But the payment in some country is no that well.
Beside that,everything is perfect.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hour, less pay
i ve acknowledge a lot from this job
Barista - QASA Advocate - Promoter (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 October 2018
The stuff was lovely to work with, the job wasn t to hard and the shifts suited my needs. Learnt many things about coffee and starbucks as a company highly recommend
Drogheda (Former Employee) –  Drogheda23 September 2018
nice bunch of people to work with. hours were long. some people working were higher than others so never wanted to clean only make coffee. overall expericne ok for general work
Pros
very handy shifts
Cons
busy hours were very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

514.1K