Starbucks
Starbucks Employee Review

Place to learn

16 September 2019
Its a place that gives you the opportunity to meet different cultures, the diversity of backgrounds of all the partners make starbucks a fantastic experience of life.
29 July 2020
Same role
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Louth
Salary not great Staff all girls so lots of gossiping No benefits except three free coffees on shift Supervisor vs barista pay is €0.25c Customers expect you to jump off a cliff for them just for a coffee
Pros
Shifts aren’t too long
Cons
Everything else
3 March 2020
Same role
Supervisor (Former Employee) - Kilkenny City, County Kilkenny
I have worked with the company for over 4 years. In general it was a fun place to work where you could improve your coffee skills. Most partners and regular customers were friendly; however these points were just about the only positives of working there. Constant stress and expectations played a heavy role on my mental health and well-being. Any attempts to talk about my stress resulted in failure due to the manager telling me to "Get on top of it or find another job". Despite performing my role above and beyond of what was asked; there was never any help or gratitude for the work done. Management: - You are expected to consistently accept harassment from management despite raising concern with the district manager. - Manager would be on her phone in the office for the majority of the day while passing off her tasks to other supervisors while they had to juggle their own tasks. - Staff turnover is rapid. Our store was without a manager for 3 months and the supervisors were made to perform the managerial tasks for those 3 months without gratitude or pay increase. - Manager would bully, belittle and talk over employees (myself included) on a daily basis. District manager did nothing to help. On top of all that, the pay is an insult for the work done.
8 June 2020
Same location
Barista and coffee master (Former Employee) - Dublin
Typical day at work, Productive and fun environment, multicultural, team work, activities, live music and social events. I learned how to deal with customers compliments and make them satisfied. Most enjoyable part when customers likes the drink i make for them.