Starbucks
Coronavirus update
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Showing all 45,817 reviews
Its a fun workplace. It felt like home. So it is very comfortable. Great environment. Got to know all kind of people. Technically, your life wont be boring.
Pros
Get free beverage and food.
Cons
For part time, you dont get health care.
very artistic and expressionistic culture, good benefits, great people, fast pace. i have enjoyed my time with the company thoroughly and it has been a great stepping stone in developing people skills and an upbeat work attitude.
The company is great because you get benefits but if you have a bad manager like it was the case for me it's horrible. It took them 2 years to finally fire her, which was unfortunate because so many great employees left because of her. It's a fast paced job, requires memorization but when you have a great team (other than the manager situation) you will love it. Great first job and lots of opportunities to advance in the company.
Pros
benefits, free drinks and coffee
Cons
can be very hectic
I thought I was doing well at starbucks until I had a manager pull me aside and completely rip me apart for every small little detail. I had only been working there for 3 months and was dealing with health issues at the time, so consistently being super fast pace and happy was a bit difficult but I did my best. The manager was horribly rude and so was the shift manager that she seemed to be best friends with. Overall I think that they expect way too much from people for small pay and while the majority of my coworkers were very lovely, the managers that were bad just ruined the entire experience
Pros
Free food and drinks, good benefits
Cons
Strenuous work for little pay
Pay There’s not enough for the work that you do. The work is fun and very fast-paced but the management team can sometimes show favoritism and advancement is often times not fair
Fun place to work as there’s always something to do, new drinks coming out and you can experiment and come up with your own drinks etc. The pay is quite good too as it’s 25+ minimum wage (no matter how old you are), so if you’re younger you get fair pay for the job you’re doing and not based on age! Management varies from store to store, worked in a store where I got on really well with the manager then they brought in a new manager and she wasn’t the nicest to work for 😂
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours all over the place
I love the company I work for. The amount of benefits Starbucks provides for its partners are amazing. Free drinks and food every shift, free daily mark-outs whenever you're off shift, free bag of coffee every week, free college, health insurance, and so much more. This company really takes care of their employees. I love the customers, the environment, the co-workers, managers, and so much more. I definitely recommend working here if you are able too. Amazing company, with amazing benefits.
Pros
Free drinks, free food, great management, good starting pay, free college, 30% discount after your free mark-out
Cons
It can get stressful when it gets busy.
Starbucks at its core can be a run place to work but bad management and toxic work relationships ruin it. Its extremely stressful if you have no support and people can be really nasty to one another without any intervention from management.
The benefits are great, but the work environment isn't fun anymore. There are advancement opportunities if you're looking for a career in the service industry. Customers can walk all over you and the company does not care. It is an inclusive environment, but when I first worked at the company it was better than it is post-COVID. Pay is not worth the effort with short staff and limited labor.
Pros
benefits, free food and drink
Cons
no support from upper management, low pay
Management was not the best. She did not know what she was doing. Overall, my co-workers and the environment was fun. There are moments where it was stressful because of the long lines.
Great atmosphere, team promotion and benefits . Would recommend to anyone looking to get out of the house and make a few bucks And just socialize!!!!
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No straws
The pay is better than other fast food places. The management/workplace culture seems to vary from store to store. Some locations are busy, chaotic and stressful while others a relatively slow and laidback. I don't have health insurance through the company so I can't speak to that.
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
short breaks
only worked for 6 months out of college and it was a great experience at that time my regional manager was very understanding and my site was very friendly and great to work with
Cons
short breaks
Starbucks is a great first job, but I've found that once you've been here for a while, it can get. repetitive. The pay does not make up for what you actually have to do.
Pros
Free food and drink
Cons
A lot of work for not a lot of pay
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Starbucks is non-existent I always felt exhausted after a shift.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Starbucks are Not enough. The physical toll of the job was not worth the money.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Starbucks, I think I was never in fear of losing my job because people were constantly quitting.ManagementIn general, managers at Starbucks overwork and underpaid.
Pros
One free drink a day
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, low enthusiasm
I was a shift supervisor making $11.33/hr at a busy drive thru store. I would not recommend working at a drive thru store if you can help it because you will often be doing the work of 2-3 people. Corporate tries to cut down labor costs as much as possible and everyone at the store level including the customers suffers for it. Management above store manager are completely unsympathetic to those working in the stores and care more about numbers than anything else. Corporate encourages bad behavior by rewarding customers that complain so it creates a cycle of abuse that baristas have to put up with daily.
Pros
Free food and drink, flexible scheduling, coworkers like family, good benefits
Cons
Low staffing, entitled customers like I've never seen elsewhere, district manager and above do not value you
Really enjoyed working here, the hours aren't bad and the work is actually pretty fun. Occasionally it can be stressful, but keeping busy makes the shifts go by faster
It was an okay place to work when I was in college and needed a part time job. Every location is different in terms of environment. Overall it was an okay place to work.
Loved Being a partner at my first store it started out rough but after moving to 3 different locations it got easier and now I know alot of people in the company.
Pros
Free Drinks, Free Food, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Stressful at Times, Terrible Co-workers
Job I had was really amazing making drinks and conversing with the customers... glad I got to taste drinks and food. Would recommend any 18 year old to get a job at Starbucks as a start off job
Starbucks is a great company to work for. You are able to get benefits almost immediately after the three months of employment. You get the oppurtunity to learn about making connections with customers and the whole ‘Starbucks experience’. We have had three store managers at our store in a year. Our current manager is very supportive and she works with the employees amongst her other duties.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Employees lack professionalism