Starbucks
Coronavirus update
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin52 reviews
Typical day at work, Productive and fun environment, multicultural, team work, activities, live music and social events.
I learned how to deal with customers compliments and make them satisfied.

Most enjoyable part when customers likes the drink i make for them.
Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.
Pros
Free lunch for supervisors
Cons
Starbucks gives you an opportunity to improve and learn. There is a good work environment because it is a company that encourages integration and multiculturalism.
It was good experience, good company, funny job good about everything
It is realle great to work in Starbucks, the place is very clean and the Supervisor and the Manager are really good people and everyone is concerned about you and if you are learning enough.

Fun place, highly recommended.
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
Its a place that gives you the opportunity to meet different cultures, the diversity of backgrounds of all the partners make starbucks a fantastic experience of life.
Quite busy throughout the day making drinks and serving food. Gained great experience dealing with customers and getting to know the regulars.Had a great relationship with fellow workers and enjoyed chatting with customers everyday
A new experience for me as I have never work closely with users/consumers.

Able to help me to communicate more with customers more and made them feel welcomed.

Both managers and supervisors are helpful enough to ensure I learn all the new stuff within days.

The workplace culture made me feels like family. All individuals are treat equally and we can always communicate in a good way if there is any confusions.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
Enjoyed working there for almost 2 years, the team was really great and lovely and the hours were very flexible. It is a very good place to start to work.
You work a lot get not much in return some managers think they are God almighty, they head office is always on your hear if you don't lick their a**es you'll get nowhere. Wages are a joke after years they'll give you a few cents thinking that's a lot barely above minimum wage.
I have really enjoyed working in the Nutgrove store. It is a very friendly place to work in with lovely staff and some of the best customers. The best part of the job is engaging with the customers. The hardest part of the job is progressing past supervisor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not much room for promotion
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
Work load at Starbucks depends on the store. Some stores are busier than others. What a lot people may not know is that 60% of your day will be spent cleaning. It's not only about costumer service and coffee, it's mostly about cleaning.
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.
It's a good part time job if you are in college looking for your coffee fix and to earn a bit. The wages aren't great if it is your first job, they literally pay minimum.
The manager at my store is very nice, although she does pressure the employees to work more hours. (I started my training at Starbucks during my notice period in my previous job)

The supervisors are okay, some gossip and don't do anything, others help out a lot and care about if you are progressing. Like any other job.

The one thing that really annoys me is their training. You are left with fellow baristas, their job is not to train you, they don't know how. They don't show you much and then are complained about to supervisors.
Pros
3 small coffees per shift
Cons
Terrible training system
Very nice atmosphere had such a good time with all the crew even the management they were all very kind and trained me as best as they could.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, Great Manager, multicultural environment.
Cons
Low salary
The managers tend to be too strict about standards. Supervisors gossip behind your back to cover their a**es. The job is ok, but I guess it was the staff in my store that contributed to the attitude I've got towards this company. However, there are pros as well:
*Easy to learn

*Flexible hours

*Paid breaks

Nice as a temporary or part-time job.
8hour-shifts, challenging but interesting, learned responsibilities of team leading and training, learned a lot about customer service, learned about time organisation
A typical day at work is being friendly and accommodating to customers, positive vibes and good energy. Learned a lot. Great company, but bad management practices (i.e micromanaging, poor treatment to employees) leading to unnecessary stress, pressure and expectation to perform more from the employee. On the other hand, overall nice atmosphere with other partners. Opening hours are too early and closing hours are too late. I always get excited about promotional new drinks!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management issues
Easy enough, flexible hours which was handy for working around my college hours. Most people working there are sound, the odd customer is a pain but most just want a coffee to go
Pros
coffee tastings, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
customers can be awkward at times, you smell like stale coffee and syrups after every shift