Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews in Dublin

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 41,509 reviews
Good
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin City21 January 2020
It was good experience, good company, funny job good about everything
Would not recommend
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 October 2019
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
Place to learn
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2019
Its a place that gives you the opportunity to meet different cultures, the diversity of backgrounds of all the partners make starbucks a fantastic experience of life.
Fun, busy workplace
Barista/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Dublin31 August 2019
Quite busy throughout the day making drinks and serving food. Gained great experience dealing with customers and getting to know the regulars.Had a great relationship with fellow workers and enjoyed chatting with customers everyday
Productive and fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2019
A new experience for me as I have never work closely with users/consumers.

Able to help me to communicate more with customers more and made them feel welcomed.

Both managers and supervisors are helpful enough to ensure I learn all the new stuff within days.

The workplace culture made me feels like family. All individuals are treat equally and we can always communicate in a good way if there is any confusions.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service, Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2019
Enjoyed working there for almost 2 years, the team was really great and lovely and the hours were very flexible. It is a very good place to start to work.
Hard work no reward awful managers/head office
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 July 2019
You work a lot get not much in return some managers think they are God almighty, they head office is always on your hear if you don't lick their a**es you'll get nowhere. Wages are a joke after years they'll give you a few cents thinking that's a lot barely above minimum wage.
Friendly environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 July 2019
I have really enjoyed working in the Nutgrove store. It is a very friendly place to work in with lovely staff and some of the best customers. The best part of the job is engaging with the customers. The hardest part of the job is progressing past supervisor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not much room for promotion
Ótimo
Barista (Former Employee) –  dublin16 June 2019
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
It's all about the team work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 April 2019
Work load at Starbucks depends on the store. Some stores are busier than others. What a lot people may not know is that 60% of your day will be spent cleaning. It's not only about costumer service and coffee, it's mostly about cleaning.
A job for someone who cannot find one.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 April 2019
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.
Good part time job, Bad management
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2019
It's a good part time job if you are in college looking for your coffee fix and to earn a bit. The wages aren't great if it is your first job, they literally pay minimum.
The manager at my store is very nice, although she does pressure the employees to work more hours. (I started my training at Starbucks during my notice period in my previous job)
The supervisors are okay, some gossip and don't do anything, others help out a lot and care about if you are progressing. Like any other job.
The one thing that really annoys me is their training. You are left with fellow baristas, their job is not to train you, they don't know how. They don't show you much and then are complained about to supervisors.
Pros
3 small coffees per shift
Cons
Terrible training system
Nice atmosphere
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
Very nice atmosphere had such a good time with all the crew even the management they were all very kind and trained me as best as they could.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, Great Manager, multicultural environment.
Cons
Low salary
Ridiculous standards
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 February 2019
The managers tend to be too strict about standards. Supervisors gossip behind your back to cover their a**es. The job is ok, but I guess it was the staff in my store that contributed to the attitude I've got towards this company. However, there are pros as well:
*Easy to learn
*Flexible hours
*Paid breaks
Nice as a temporary or part-time job.
Shift supervisor
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2019
8hour-shifts, challenging but interesting, learned responsibilities of team leading and training, learned a lot about customer service, learned about time organisation
Great company,
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2019
A typical day at work is being friendly and accommodating to customers, positive vibes and good energy. Learned a lot. Great company, but bad management practices (i.e micromanaging, poor treatment to employees) leading to unnecessary stress, pressure and expectation to perform more from the employee. On the other hand, overall nice atmosphere with other partners. Opening hours are too early and closing hours are too late. I always get excited about promotional new drinks!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management issues
Fun and easy enough, good student job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 January 2019
Easy enough, flexible hours which was handy for working around my college hours. Most people working there are sound, the odd customer is a pain but most just want a coffee to go
Pros
coffee tastings, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
customers can be awkward at times, you smell like stale coffee and syrups after every shift
Overworked and Underpaid
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 October 2018
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
Barista
Barista Trainne (Former Employee) –  City Centre Dublin, County Dublin17 October 2018
A typical day at work for me is to interact with the customers , give them best service, be respectful to them and to my partners, always work in team, because a think is an important skill to have a good working environment. I learned to be more patient and solidarity with the people, always have the best attitude and enjoy My activities were: staff training and supervisor, look after the stock and customer service. One of the things that i like to feel when i'm at work. is like my home because i want to feel that i'm enjoying what I am doing, meeting new people and at work everyone has to be treated equal. I think that the hardest part of the job is when the partners don't want to help each other and the work starts to be more difficult to do it, but comming an agreement, we can solve the situation and i great ambient at work. The most enjoyablet part of the job is when the customer recognizes your effort and the good service you have given. of course have a good relationship with your parents.
Cons
20 hrs per week
i ve acknowledge a lot from this job
Barista - QASA Advocate - Promoter (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 October 2018
The stuff was lovely to work with, the job wasn t to hard and the shifts suited my needs. Learnt many things about coffee and starbucks as a company highly recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

516.3K