Starbucks
Coronavirus update
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin52 reviews
Typical day at work, Productive and fun environment, multicultural, team work, activities, live music and social events.
I learned how to deal with customers compliments and make them satisfied.

Most enjoyable part when customers likes the drink i make for them.
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
A typical day at work for me is to interact with the customers , give them best service, be respectful to them and to my partners, always work in team, because a think is an important skill to have a good working environment. I learned to be more patient and solidarity with the people, always have the best attitude and enjoy My activities were: staff training and supervisor, look after the stock and customer service. One of the things that i like to feel when i'm at work. is like my home because i want to feel that i'm enjoying what I am doing, meeting new people and at work everyone has to be treated equal. I think that the hardest part of the job is when the partners don't want to help each other and the work starts to be more difficult to do it, but comming an agreement, we can solve the situation and i great ambient at work. The most enjoyablet part of the job is when the customer recognizes your effort and the good service you have given. of course have a good relationship with your parents.
Cons
20 hrs per week
The stuff was lovely to work with, the job wasn t to hard and the shifts suited my needs. Learnt many things about coffee and starbucks as a company highly recommend
It’s a perfect place to work if you love coffee and creating art! Be ready for the busy spells and working under pressure though! Great staff and fun to work with!
Pros
3 free Tall beverages and monthly free coffee bag or tea, monthly tips!
Cons
Long days and very short breaks
O Starbucks foi uma experiência que tive fora do país, portanto, em sua avaliação deve-se considerar as diferenças culturais que permeavam o ambiente.
Mas a empresa em si, pagava muito bem, seguia a lei rigorosamente, o que eu acho muito bom tanto para eles como para os empregados. a gerência era ótima, acessível e compreensiva. No dia-a-dia trabalhávamos com muita pressão, o que incomodava um pouco, e as diferenças culturais as vezes dificultavam a comunicação e as relações e o horário de trabalho era muito puxado. Mas aprendi muito neste emprego, principalmente, com as diferenças e com a comunicação intensa com o cliente.
Pros
Salários
Cons
Escala de trabalho
1. Typical day at work :
- Great customer service, working with people from all over the world

- Supervisor responsibility every shift.

- coach employees, communicate regularly with customers,working under pressure. Running the store operations during scheduled shifts. This includes opening and closing the store, supervising employees.

Ensuring proper cash management and cash register policies.

3. Management

- very nice and friendly people

4. The hardest part of the job

- is managing partners under my control when it is busy.

- Working in Starbucks for more than 2 years, I could say that I gained managerial skills and interpersonal skiils.The most enjoyable part of the job its when you see that customers are happy and enjoing beeing in our store.

- have learned a lot of thing in Starbucks.

It is actually my first decent job, where I have a decent salary and time for myself.

It's not easy come to another country where you can't speak their language.

But no only Starbucks but people that I worked and I work showed me that not is impossible.

I started as a barista and today I am a Supervisor.
People Management
Leading a team of 10-12 people

Stock Control

Orders/Invoices

Recruitment of new partners

Training

Payroll

Working towards reaching daily/ weekly targets
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High Turnover, early morning
Starbucks is a fun place where to work, gives you the possibly to meet new people, make frienships and develop you as a professional and a team worker
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
Great customer service, nice products and good atmosphere. Enjoy being social and meeting customers, working with people from all over the world. Also the shift work allows for a good work to life balance
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Early morning shifts
Starbucks is a good way to start the working life in Ireland, becouse you are in touch with customers and the multiculture workmates. The worse part in this sector, not only in starbucks, obviously is the low salary.
Cons
really large shifts
I was really fantastic to work at Starbucks. I had the opportunity to learn about everything, make an outstanding beverage, customer service, and multi-skills.
This market of stores in Ireland is not run by Starbucks Corporate so do not go in expecting the same benefits. This group is great, they do offer many perks and they do work hard to try and create a supportive environment with bonuses and well-structured operations. The hardest part of the job is long hours that can sometimes be required as a store manager, but the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with so sometimes it all works out. This is a great job for developing as a leader and business manager, I continue to learn every day.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
The staff was friendly. An in depth insight was gained into the daily lives of Baristas. Faced paced environment. Hardest part was fulfilling customer orders during rush hours.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
required a lot of skills including basic barista skill and attention in cleanings. Friendly working environment provided as part of the company culture.
Alles ist reibungslos abgelaufen. Keine Probleme. Das von Starbucks verfügte Team war gut.
Fun place to work, nice people, nice manager.
We can learn plenty of different things everyday while doing our duties.

No hard part on this job unless
Excellent team, it's a really good place to learn how to work in a fast paced environment, how to deal with costumers, be fast but always deliver drinks with excellence, etc.
Basically there are two positions:
Till: where you take orders and payments.

Bar: you are the responsable of making the beverages according to all standards.

You also have to do extra task as keeping clean everywhere and restock the store.

Good atmosphere.

The type of costumer is usually polite, high educated and lots of tourist depending on the area the cafe is located.
el ambiente del trabajo era agradable de ser una empleada de mi jefe que tiene discipline y aprende mucho de mi jefe y mis colegas.
este tipo de trabajo que es muy relacionada con mi profesion que es turismo. tener experiencia de conocer la gente que es muy agradable.
Pros
seguro, cafe gratis, experiencia
Cons
trabajar en fin de semana
It is a good place to work because you can learn and get important experiences and the best part it is that you have the opportunity to grow up in the company if you do your best every day.