Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews in Kilkenny

I have worked with the company for over 4 years. In general it was a fun place to work where you could improve your coffee skills. Most partners and regular customers were friendly; however these points were just about the only positives of working there. Constant stress and expectations played a heavy role on my mental health and well-being. Any attempts to talk about my stress resulted in failure due to the manager telling me to "Get on top of it or find another job". Despite performing my role above and beyond of what was asked; there was never any help or gratitude for the work done. Management: - You are expected to consistently accept harassment from management despite raising concern with the district manager. - Manager would be on her phone in the office for the majority of the day while passing off her tasks to other supervisors while they had to juggle their own tasks. - Staff turnover is rapid. Our store was without a manager for 3 months and the supervisors were made to perform the managerial tasks for those 3 months without gratitude or pay increase. - Manager would bully, belittle and talk over employees (myself included) on a daily basis. District manager did nothing to help. On top of all that, the pay is an insult for the work done.
Worked with the company for 4 years starting as barista and worked my way up to supervisor the supervisor rate started at .15c more than minimum wage lots expected of you and a lot of pressure for no reward. Free lunches was a perk as supervisor but baristas paid half price. Management were terrible, staff turnover was constant, left the company after 4 years without a thank you or goodbye.