Starbucks
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Starbucks Employee Reviews for Barista

Barista54 reviews
Ireland54 reviews
Its a fun workplace. It felt like home. So it is very comfortable. Great environment. Got to know all kind of people. Technically, your life wont be boring.
Pros
Get free beverage and food.
Cons
For part time, you dont get health care.
Typical day at work, Productive and fun environment, multicultural, team work, activities, live music and social events.
I learned how to deal with customers compliments and make them satisfied.

Most enjoyable part when customers likes the drink i make for them.
Starbucks gives you an opportunity to improve and learn. There is a good work environment because it is a company that encourages integration and multiculturalism.
I worked hard, did my best but they still treated my awfully. Got below minimum wage and they are just plain awful to work for. On top of everything else you have to pay for your lunch.... Don't work here. There is a reason the turnover rate is sky high. I didn't get trained properly and then got given out to for not knowing how to do something. Really nice..
Pros
3 Free drinks
Cons
Terrible pay
Ridiculous people. Cut your hours with no warning or explanation. Actually got a written warning for forgetting to pick up tissues behind the bin in the customer toilet one night. One piece of work in the store I worked in was a nightmare. Everyone hated him. Always was scheduled on the evening/night shift. Always reserved the morning shift for themselves and their fellow specific colleagues
Long lasting option if you commit to connecting with the staff and keep up with seasonal drinks.Teamwork , mastering your craft and listening is essential. Making sure you pay attention to Starbucks personal goals such as making the experience feel personal for each customer is important. Take Pride in being part of the Starbucks family and you'll fit right in ! Enjoyed my overall time.
It was good experience, good company, funny job good about everything
manager always adapts for staff and takes everyones needs into consideration. however you need to be able to keep up in a busy stressful work environment
It is realle great to work in Starbucks, the place is very clean and the Supervisor and the Manager are really good people and everyone is concerned about you and if you are learning enough.

Fun place, highly recommended.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
Bad experience with management, unreliable and unfriendly environment to work in. Fast-paced job making it an also stressful environment, an extremely serious company that only cares about money.
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
a stressful place to work, great people working there, the salary fro barista is okay, but they don't pay more money if people work on Saturdays and Sundays.
Quite busy throughout the day making drinks and serving food. Gained great experience dealing with customers and getting to know the regulars.Had a great relationship with fellow workers and enjoyed chatting with customers everyday
A new experience for me as I have never work closely with users/consumers.

Able to help me to communicate more with customers more and made them feel welcomed.

Both managers and supervisors are helpful enough to ensure I learn all the new stuff within days.

The workplace culture made me feels like family. All individuals are treat equally and we can always communicate in a good way if there is any confusions.
Basically the worst job of my entire life. The company doesn’t care at all about its employees and they expect way too much from a minimum wage barista job.
Every few months you’ll get added jobs on top of the huge work load they already expect you to do.
very busy, fast paste environment.
shifts can be long.

lovely staff to work with.

has a wide employee community, were you can meet and learn from one another.
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
Overall I enjoyed my time working here as I got to know my colleagues very well and we formed a very good team together.
I learned a lot during my time here and grew as a person.

The importance placed on the customers experience gave the café a nice environment as each barista got to know dozens of customers through learning their name and order.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
After two years the work became extremely repetitive
It's fun at first, but after a few months, not so much. My co workers were great and my manager was a nice, hard working person which made the job bearable. However, Starbucks as a corporation and company really does not care for its employees. Minimum break times (30 minutes for an 8 hour shift, 15 minutes for a 6 hour shift), and minimum wage.

Unless for some reason you love a job with a LOT of cleaning and minimum wage, then I really do not recommend working here long term.
Pros
Free coffee, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage, Minimum break times
Work load at Starbucks depends on the store. Some stores are busier than others. What a lot people may not know is that 60% of your day will be spent cleaning. It's not only about costumer service and coffee, it's mostly about cleaning.
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.