Starbucks
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Starbucks Employee Reviews for Barista in Dublin

Typical day at work, Productive and fun environment, multicultural, team work, activities, live music and social events. I learned how to deal with customers compliments and make them satisfied. Most enjoyable part when customers likes the drink i make for them.
Starbucks gives you an opportunity to improve and learn. There is a good work environment because it is a company that encourages integration and multiculturalism.
It was good experience, good company, funny job good about everything
It is realle great to work in Starbucks, the place is very clean and the Supervisor and the Manager are really good people and everyone is concerned about you and if you are learning enough. Fun place, highly recommended.
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
Quite busy throughout the day making drinks and serving food. Gained great experience dealing with customers and getting to know the regulars.Had a great relationship with fellow workers and enjoyed chatting with customers everyday
A new experience for me as I have never work closely with users/consumers. Able to help me to communicate more with customers more and made them feel welcomed. Both managers and supervisors are helpful enough to ensure I learn all the new stuff within days. The workplace culture made me feels like family. All individuals are treat equally and we can always communicate in a good way if there is any confusions.
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
Work load at Starbucks depends on the store. Some stores are busier than others. What a lot people may not know is that 60% of your day will be spent cleaning. It's not only about costumer service and coffee, it's mostly about cleaning.
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.
It's a good part time job if you are in college looking for your coffee fix and to earn a bit. The wages aren't great if it is your first job, they literally pay minimum. The manager at my store is very nice, although she does pressure the employees to work more hours. (I started my training at Starbucks during my notice period in my previous job) The supervisors are okay, some gossip and don't do anything, others help out a lot and care about if you are progressing. Like any other job. The one thing that really annoys me is their training. You are left with fellow baristas, their job is not to train you, they don't know how. They don't show you much and then are complained about to supervisors.
Pros
3 small coffees per shift
Cons
Terrible training system
Very nice atmosphere had such a good time with all the crew even the management they were all very kind and trained me as best as they could.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, Great Manager, multicultural environment.
Cons
Low salary
The managers tend to be too strict about standards. Supervisors gossip behind your back to cover their a**es. The job is ok, but I guess it was the staff in my store that contributed to the attitude I've got towards this company. However, there are pros as well: *Easy to learn *Flexible hours *Paid breaks Nice as a temporary or part-time job.
A typical day at work is being friendly and accommodating to customers, positive vibes and good energy. Learned a lot. Great company, but bad management practices (i.e micromanaging, poor treatment to employees) leading to unnecessary stress, pressure and expectation to perform more from the employee. On the other hand, overall nice atmosphere with other partners. Opening hours are too early and closing hours are too late. I always get excited about promotional new drinks!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management issues
Easy enough, flexible hours which was handy for working around my college hours. Most people working there are sound, the odd customer is a pain but most just want a coffee to go
Pros
coffee tastings, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
customers can be awkward at times, you smell like stale coffee and syrups after every shift
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
A typical day at work for me is to interact with the customers , give them best service, be respectful to them and to my partners, always work in team, because a think is an important skill to have a good working environment. I learned to be more patient and solidarity with the people, always have the best attitude and enjoy My activities were: staff training and supervisor, look after the stock and customer service. One of the things that i like to feel when i'm at work. is like my home because i want to feel that i'm enjoying what I am doing, meeting new people and at work everyone has to be treated equal. I think that the hardest part of the job is when the partners don't want to help each other and the work starts to be more difficult to do it, but comming an agreement, we can solve the situation and i great ambient at work. The most enjoyablet part of the job is when the customer recognizes your effort and the good service you have given. of course have a good relationship with your parents.
Cons
20 hrs per week
The stuff was lovely to work with, the job wasn t to hard and the shifts suited my needs. Learnt many things about coffee and starbucks as a company highly recommend
It’s a perfect place to work if you love coffee and creating art! Be ready for the busy spells and working under pressure though! Great staff and fun to work with!
Pros
3 free Tall beverages and monthly free coffee bag or tea, monthly tips!
Cons
Long days and very short breaks
O Starbucks foi uma experiência que tive fora do país, portanto, em sua avaliação deve-se considerar as diferenças culturais que permeavam o ambiente. Mas a empresa em si, pagava muito bem, seguia a lei rigorosamente, o que eu acho muito bom tanto para eles como para os empregados. a gerência era ótima, acessível e compreensiva. No dia-a-dia trabalhávamos com muita pressão, o que incomodava um pouco, e as diferenças culturais as vezes dificultavam a comunicação e as relações e o horário de trabalho era muito puxado. Mas aprendi muito neste emprego, principalmente, com as diferenças e com a comunicação intensa com o cliente.
Pros
Salários
Cons
Escala de trabalho
Starbucks is a good way to start the working life in Ireland, becouse you are in touch with customers and the multiculture workmates. The worse part in this sector, not only in starbucks, obviously is the low salary.
Cons
really large shifts