Starbucks
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Supervisor13 reviews
Ireland13 reviews
It is a very easy job, the hardest thing is when it is busy (weekends, holidays time, christmas) we have to make sure everyone is happy, customers, staff, and everything is running well.
Calidad human en cuestiones del trato a sus empleados. Una de las mejores empresas para trabajar
I have worked with the company for over 4 years.
In general it was a fun place to work where you could improve your coffee skills. Most partners and regular customers were friendly; however these points were just about the only positives of working there.

Constant stress and expectations played a heavy role on my mental health and well-being. Any attempts to talk about my stress resulted in failure due to the manager telling me to "Get on top of it or find another job".

Despite performing my role above and beyond of what was asked; there was never any help or gratitude for the work done.

Management:

- You are expected to consistently accept harassment from management despite raising concern with the district manager.

- Manager would be on her phone in the office for the majority of the day while passing off her tasks to other supervisors while they had to juggle their own tasks.

- Staff turnover is rapid. Our store was without a manager for 3 months and the supervisors were made to perform the managerial tasks for those 3 months without gratitude or pay increase.

- Manager would bully, belittle and talk over employees (myself included) on a daily basis. District manager did nothing to help.

On top of all that, the pay is an insult for the work done.
Worked with the company for 4 years starting as barista and worked my way up to supervisor the supervisor rate started at .15c more than minimum wage lots expected of you and a lot of pressure for no reward. Free lunches was a perk as supervisor but baristas paid half price. Management were terrible, staff turnover was constant, left the company after 4 years without a thank you or goodbye.
Its a place that gives you the opportunity to meet different cultures, the diversity of backgrounds of all the partners make starbucks a fantastic experience of life.
I have really enjoyed working in the Nutgrove store. It is a very friendly place to work in with lovely staff and some of the best customers. The best part of the job is engaging with the customers. The hardest part of the job is progressing past supervisor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not much room for promotion
1. Typical day at work :
- Great customer service, working with people from all over the world

- Supervisor responsibility every shift.

- coach employees, communicate regularly with customers,working under pressure. Running the store operations during scheduled shifts. This includes opening and closing the store, supervising employees.

Ensuring proper cash management and cash register policies.

3. Management

- very nice and friendly people

4. The hardest part of the job

- is managing partners under my control when it is busy.

- Working in Starbucks for more than 2 years, I could say that I gained managerial skills and interpersonal skiils.The most enjoyable part of the job its when you see that customers are happy and enjoing beeing in our store.

- have learned a lot of thing in Starbucks.

It is actually my first decent job, where I have a decent salary and time for myself.

It's not easy come to another country where you can't speak their language.

But no only Starbucks but people that I worked and I work showed me that not is impossible.

I started as a barista and today I am a Supervisor.
Great customer service, nice products and good atmosphere. Enjoy being social and meeting customers, working with people from all over the world. Also the shift work allows for a good work to life balance
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Early morning shifts
It is a good place to work because you can learn and get important experiences and the best part it is that you have the opportunity to grow up in the company if you do your best every day.
Siempre te lo pasas bien y el ambiente es excepcional, gente joven y dinámica. A cualquier problema le ponen una sonrisa y lo solucionan lo antes posible, nunca hay malos rollos y jamás nadie se cree mejor que nadie.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
wonderful atmosphere , great people to work with( baristas ) hours need to be improved . some managment can be rude and lazy , often taking credit for the work of other staff
Pros
coffee
Cons
pay
I had a lot of responsabilities, I was a Supervisor, but actually I did a manager job in the last 4 months of employment. I achieved manager experience and I've learned how to deliver a great customer service. Last store where I've worked was small and a lot of time I was alone, but my team was respectful and nice. The hardest part was on weekend time when I did double-shifts. The most enjoyable part was when I did events, like aroma labs to promote the seasonal coffees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I have learned a lot of thing in Starbucks.

It's not easy come to another country where you can't speak their language.

I started as a barista and today I am a Supervisor. I love what I do and every day I learn something new.

One day if I have to leave this place, I will be very thankful.