Starbucks

Starbucks Job security & advancement reviews

Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.
Pros
Free lunch for supervisors
Cons
i asked for a raise after working there for three years and i have been a supervisor for two. I have still not heard anything about it. As of now I earn 10.65 which is ludicrous as I am the assistant manager. The work does not match the pay. On top of this, the company's response to staff leading up to the pandemic was shocking. No protections were put in place for staff or customers, no gloves or sanitizer provided. They simply do not care about the well being of their staff.
Pros
free bad coffee
Cons
long hours, shift work, no weekends off as manager takes them, bad hiring process, bad pay
Starbucks gives you an opportunity to improve and learn. There is a good work environment because it is a company that encourages integration and multiculturalism.
It was an experience working at Starbucks I acquired such great skills such as working as a barista working in a fast Environment and I would love to get another job at Starbucks because I’m looking for a job
It is realle great to work in Starbucks, the place is very clean and the Supervisor and the Manager are really good people and everyone is concerned about you and if you are learning enough. Fun place, highly recommended.
Its a place that gives you the opportunity to meet different cultures, the diversity of backgrounds of all the partners make starbucks a fantastic experience of life.
I have really enjoyed working in the Nutgrove store. It is a very friendly place to work in with lovely staff and some of the best customers. The best part of the job is engaging with the customers. The hardest part of the job is progressing past supervisor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not much room for promotion
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
Overall I enjoyed my time working here as I got to know my colleagues very well and we formed a very good team together. I learned a lot during my time here and grew as a person. The importance placed on the customers experience gave the café a nice environment as each barista got to know dozens of customers through learning their name and order.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
After two years the work became extremely repetitive
A typical day at work is being friendly and accommodating to customers, positive vibes and good energy. Learned a lot. Great company, but bad management practices (i.e micromanaging, poor treatment to employees) leading to unnecessary stress, pressure and expectation to perform more from the employee. On the other hand, overall nice atmosphere with other partners. Opening hours are too early and closing hours are too late. I always get excited about promotional new drinks!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management issues
Is a good place to work with benefits, pay, promotion opportunities and great group of partners to work with. Management has a great communication and a diverse and good culture.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
little long holidays
Few changes needed but overall a general good place to work. Good job security and plenty of chances to progress. Would not discourage someone from applying for a job here as the people I work with are good hard working people that enjoy a laugh at the same time. Thus creating a fun place to be during the shift
Pros
3 free drinks per day is nice.
Cons
Late closes and early opens 7 days a week.
The training I received at Starbucks as very sufficient and helpful to hep me advance in new career paths. The work life balance however was not good. Too much was expected from you outside of the company. I would receive phone calls almost daily when I was not working. Overtime was always expected but never appreciated.
I was really fantastic to work at Starbucks. I had the opportunity to learn about everything, make an outstanding beverage, customer service, and multi-skills.
As any other company part of the development comes from you part come from the company and if you want to learn and develop as professional you definitely will have the chance at Starbucks, unfortunately the start salary is not the best one but the place is great to work at and the team is usually very friendly.
Pros
Free coffee, great work team, friendly environment
Cons
Salary
required a lot of skills including basic barista skill and attention in cleanings. Friendly working environment provided as part of the company culture.
It is a good place to work because you can learn and get important experiences and the best part it is that you have the opportunity to grow up in the company if you do your best every day.
Starbucks where i am currently working is not just cafe. Our partners are trying to give customers experience, which is very comfortable place for customers like home or workplace. We can learn not only to make coffee, customer service also starbucks' marketing that we offer loyalty card and new promotion. What's more we can find how important our partners work together that makes us respect each other and why keeping harmony is great. I am so delighted to experience in starbucks international company.
Working in Starbucks for more than 2 years, I could say that I gained managerial skills and interpersonal skiils.The most enjoyable part of the job its when you see that customers are happy and enjoing beeing in our store.
I had a lot of responsabilities, I was a Supervisor, but actually I did a manager job in the last 4 months of employment. I achieved manager experience and I've learned how to deliver a great customer service. Last store where I've worked was small and a lot of time I was alone, but my team was respectful and nice. The hardest part was on weekend time when I did double-shifts. The most enjoyable part was when I did events, like aroma labs to promote the seasonal coffees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
It`s a nice environment to work, plenty of challenges due the fact it`s a company that grows so fast. Lovely partners to work with.
Pros
the posibility to develop within the company
Cons
lack of communication sometimes