Starbucks

Starbucks Management reviews

Management is paid horribly but baristas have good pay with is above minimum Irish wage difference between supervisor and barista is 20c if you want to work for Starbucks stay barista less stress more money.
Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.
Pros
Free lunch for supervisors
Cons
Calidad human en cuestiones del trato a sus empleados. Una de las mejores empresas para trabajar
I have worked with the company for over 4 years. In general it was a fun place to work where you could improve your coffee skills. Most partners and regular customers were friendly; however these points were just about the only positives of working there. Constant stress and expectations played a heavy role on my mental health and well-being. Any attempts to talk about my stress resulted in failure due to the manager telling me to "Get on top of it or find another job". Despite performing my role above and beyond of what was asked; there was never any help or gratitude for the work done. Management: - You are expected to consistently accept harassment from management despite raising concern with the district manager. - Manager would be on her phone in the office for the majority of the day while passing off her tasks to other supervisors while they had to juggle their own tasks. - Staff turnover is rapid. Our store was without a manager for 3 months and the supervisors were made to perform the managerial tasks for those 3 months without gratitude or pay increase. - Manager would bully, belittle and talk over employees (myself included) on a daily basis. District manager did nothing to help. On top of all that, the pay is an insult for the work done.
I worked hard, did my best but they still treated my awfully. Got below minimum wage and they are just plain awful to work for. On top of everything else you have to pay for your lunch.... Don't work here. There is a reason the turnover rate is sky high. I didn't get trained properly and then got given out to for not knowing how to do something. Really nice..
Pros
3 Free drinks
Cons
Terrible pay
Ridiculous people. Cut your hours with no warning or explanation. Actually got a written warning for forgetting to pick up tissues behind the bin in the customer toilet one night. One piece of work in the store I worked in was a nightmare. Everyone hated him. Always was scheduled on the evening/night shift. Always reserved the morning shift for themselves and their fellow specific colleagues
Worked with the company for 4 years starting as barista and worked my way up to supervisor the supervisor rate started at .15c more than minimum wage lots expected of you and a lot of pressure for no reward. Free lunches was a perk as supervisor but baristas paid half price. Management were terrible, staff turnover was constant, left the company after 4 years without a thank you or goodbye.
Bad experience with management, unreliable and unfriendly environment to work in. Fast-paced job making it an also stressful environment, an extremely serious company that only cares about money.
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
Worst management. The managers think that being rude and not being nice is the way to control staff. I was working as the team leader there and my general manager always yells at me ‘ why’re you so nice to the staff, you’ve to rude’ I know that’s not the way to do it. Brainless people are all over. I cannot handle the pressure there and I left. It’s a sinking ship
Pros
Cons
Worst management 40minutes break being rude understaffed
Basically the worst job of my entire life. The company doesn’t care at all about its employees and they expect way too much from a minimum wage barista job. Every few months you’ll get added jobs on top of the huge work load they already expect you to do.
You work a lot get not much in return some managers think they are God almighty, they head office is always on your hear if you don't lick their a**es you'll get nowhere. Wages are a joke after years they'll give you a few cents thinking that's a lot barely above minimum wage.
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.
It's a good part time job if you are in college looking for your coffee fix and to earn a bit. The wages aren't great if it is your first job, they literally pay minimum. The manager at my store is very nice, although she does pressure the employees to work more hours. (I started my training at Starbucks during my notice period in my previous job) The supervisors are okay, some gossip and don't do anything, others help out a lot and care about if you are progressing. Like any other job. The one thing that really annoys me is their training. You are left with fellow baristas, their job is not to train you, they don't know how. They don't show you much and then are complained about to supervisors.
Pros
3 small coffees per shift
Cons
Terrible training system
Very nice atmosphere had such a good time with all the crew even the management they were all very kind and trained me as best as they could.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, Great Manager, multicultural environment.
Cons
Low salary
The managers tend to be too strict about standards. Supervisors gossip behind your back to cover their a**es. The job is ok, but I guess it was the staff in my store that contributed to the attitude I've got towards this company. However, there are pros as well: *Easy to learn *Flexible hours *Paid breaks Nice as a temporary or part-time job.
A typical day at work is being friendly and accommodating to customers, positive vibes and good energy. Learned a lot. Great company, but bad management practices (i.e micromanaging, poor treatment to employees) leading to unnecessary stress, pressure and expectation to perform more from the employee. On the other hand, overall nice atmosphere with other partners. Opening hours are too early and closing hours are too late. I always get excited about promotional new drinks!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management issues
Bad management. Overstaffed and seemed to keep recruiting bad store managers. Training was focused more on how to write on cups than actually making coffees
Pros
free coffees and half price lunches
Cons
irregular hours
Is a good place to work with benefits, pay, promotion opportunities and great group of partners to work with. Management has a great communication and a diverse and good culture.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
little long holidays
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
O Starbucks foi uma experiência que tive fora do país, portanto, em sua avaliação deve-se considerar as diferenças culturais que permeavam o ambiente. Mas a empresa em si, pagava muito bem, seguia a lei rigorosamente, o que eu acho muito bom tanto para eles como para os empregados. a gerência era ótima, acessível e compreensiva. No dia-a-dia trabalhávamos com muita pressão, o que incomodava um pouco, e as diferenças culturais as vezes dificultavam a comunicação e as relações e o horário de trabalho era muito puxado. Mas aprendi muito neste emprego, principalmente, com as diferenças e com a comunicação intensa com o cliente.
Pros
Salários
Cons
Escala de trabalho