Starbucks

Starbucks Pay & benefits reviews

Great company to work with, very team oriented in the stores based in North Dublin. The managers all look after you the best they can and the hours and rate of pay are good for the job !
Pros
Staff discounts on coffee qnd food
Management is paid horribly but baristas have good pay with is above minimum Irish wage difference between supervisor and barista is 20c if you want to work for Starbucks stay barista less stress more money.
Its a fun workplace. It felt like home. So it is very comfortable. Great environment. Got to know all kind of people. Technically, your life wont be boring.
Pros
Get free beverage and food.
Cons
For part time, you dont get health care.
Salary not great Staff all girls so lots of gossiping No benefits except three free coffees on shift Supervisor vs barista pay is €0.25c Customers expect you to jump off a cliff for them just for a coffee
Pros
Shifts aren’t too long
Cons
Everything else
i asked for a raise after working there for three years and i have been a supervisor for two. I have still not heard anything about it. As of now I earn 10.65 which is ludicrous as I am the assistant manager. The work does not match the pay. On top of this, the company's response to staff leading up to the pandemic was shocking. No protections were put in place for staff or customers, no gloves or sanitizer provided. They simply do not care about the well being of their staff.
Pros
free bad coffee
Cons
long hours, shift work, no weekends off as manager takes them, bad hiring process, bad pay
Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.
Pros
Free lunch for supervisors
Cons
I worked hard, did my best but they still treated my awfully. Got below minimum wage and they are just plain awful to work for. On top of everything else you have to pay for your lunch.... Don't work here. There is a reason the turnover rate is sky high. I didn't get trained properly and then got given out to for not knowing how to do something. Really nice..
Pros
3 Free drinks
Cons
Terrible pay
It's ok there, monthly payment was pain in da as, u can do the shifts in other branches to make up your salary, free coffee and tea, food at discount, no sale bonuses,
Worked with the company for 4 years starting as barista and worked my way up to supervisor the supervisor rate started at .15c more than minimum wage lots expected of you and a lot of pressure for no reward. Free lunches was a perk as supervisor but baristas paid half price. Management were terrible, staff turnover was constant, left the company after 4 years without a thank you or goodbye.
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
a stressful place to work, great people working there, the salary fro barista is okay, but they don't pay more money if people work on Saturdays and Sundays.
Basically the worst job of my entire life. The company doesn’t care at all about its employees and they expect way too much from a minimum wage barista job. Every few months you’ll get added jobs on top of the huge work load they already expect you to do.
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
It's fun at first, but after a few months, not so much. My co workers were great and my manager was a nice, hard working person which made the job bearable. However, Starbucks as a corporation and company really does not care for its employees. Minimum break times (30 minutes for an 8 hour shift, 15 minutes for a 6 hour shift), and minimum wage. Unless for some reason you love a job with a LOT of cleaning and minimum wage, then I really do not recommend working here long term.
Pros
Free coffee, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage, Minimum break times
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.
Easy enough, flexible hours which was handy for working around my college hours. Most people working there are sound, the odd customer is a pain but most just want a coffee to go
Pros
coffee tastings, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
customers can be awkward at times, you smell like stale coffee and syrups after every shift
Is a good place to work with benefits, pay, promotion opportunities and great group of partners to work with. Management has a great communication and a diverse and good culture.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
little long holidays
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
Starbucks has very good environment for working. The culture is nice and positive. But the payment in some country is no that well. Beside that,everything is perfect.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hour, less pay
The stuff was lovely to work with, the job wasn t to hard and the shifts suited my needs. Learnt many things about coffee and starbucks as a company highly recommend
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a wide variety of skills and drink recipes, holding coffee tasting events with co-workers and socialising. The work can be draining as there is a constant high volume of customers . There are no healthcare benefits.