Starbucks
Coronavirus update
Information from Starbucks:

Starbucks Pay & benefits reviews

Ireland103 reviews
Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.
Pros
Free lunch for supervisors
Salary not great
Staff all girls so lots of gossiping

No benefits except three free coffees on shift
Supervisor vs barista pay is €0.25c
Customers expect you to jump off a cliff for them just for a coffee
Pros
Shifts aren’t too long
Cons
Everything else
i asked for a raise after working there for three years and i have been a supervisor for two. I have still not heard anything about it. As of now I earn 10.65 which is ludicrous as I am the assistant manager. The work does not match the pay. On top of this, the company's response to staff leading up to the pandemic was shocking. No protections were put in place for staff or customers, no gloves or sanitizer provided. They simply do not care about the well being of their staff.
Pros
free bad coffee
Cons
long hours, shift work, no weekends off as manager takes them, bad hiring process, bad pay
I worked hard, did my best but they still treated my awfully. Got below minimum wage and they are just plain awful to work for. On top of everything else you have to pay for your lunch.... Don't work here. There is a reason the turnover rate is sky high. I didn't get trained properly and then got given out to for not knowing how to do something. Really nice..
Pros
3 Free drinks
Cons
Terrible pay
It's ok there, monthly payment was pain in da as, u can do the shifts in other branches to make up your salary, free coffee and tea, food at discount, no sale bonuses,
Worked with the company for 4 years starting as barista and worked my way up to supervisor the supervisor rate started at .15c more than minimum wage lots expected of you and a lot of pressure for no reward. Free lunches was a perk as supervisor but baristas paid half price. Management were terrible, staff turnover was constant, left the company after 4 years without a thank you or goodbye.
Baristas are seen as disposable and upper management are often gossipy. Pay is ridiculously low considering what is expected of you. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
3 free tall drinks per shift
Cons
Upper management, pay, hectic environment.
a stressful place to work, great people working there, the salary fro barista is okay, but they don't pay more money if people work on Saturdays and Sundays.
Basically the worst job of my entire life. The company doesn’t care at all about its employees and they expect way too much from a minimum wage barista job.
Every few months you’ll get added jobs on top of the huge work load they already expect you to do.
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
It's fun at first, but after a few months, not so much. My co workers were great and my manager was a nice, hard working person which made the job bearable. However, Starbucks as a corporation and company really does not care for its employees. Minimum break times (30 minutes for an 8 hour shift, 15 minutes for a 6 hour shift), and minimum wage.

Unless for some reason you love a job with a LOT of cleaning and minimum wage, then I really do not recommend working here long term.
Pros
Free coffee, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage, Minimum break times
First of all I loved the staff I worked with they were all fantastic, but the company itself (upper management), although calling their employees ''partners'' really see them as expendable and replaceable. Staff turnover is ridiculous. Pay is comical considering there is a maximum effort expectation from minimum compensation and a lack of intensive. Training is minimal in the beginning and is relegated to the baristas (who are trying to hit targets, while training and at the same time being paid the bare minimum). Would not recommend, unless you enjoy making coffee and cleaning toilets.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible contracts, bad pay, terrible upper management.
Easy enough, flexible hours which was handy for working around my college hours. Most people working there are sound, the odd customer is a pain but most just want a coffee to go
Pros
coffee tastings, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
customers can be awkward at times, you smell like stale coffee and syrups after every shift
Is a good place to work with benefits, pay, promotion opportunities and great group of partners to work with. Management has a great communication and a diverse and good culture.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
little long holidays
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
Starbucks has very good environment for working.
The culture is nice and positive.

But the payment in some country is no that well.

Beside that,everything is perfect.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hour, less pay
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a wide variety of skills and drink recipes, holding coffee tasting events with co-workers and socialising. The work can be draining as there is a constant high volume of customers . There are no healthcare benefits.
It’s a perfect place to work if you love coffee and creating art! Be ready for the busy spells and working under pressure though! Great staff and fun to work with!
Pros
3 free Tall beverages and monthly free coffee bag or tea, monthly tips!
Cons
Long days and very short breaks
O Starbucks foi uma experiência que tive fora do país, portanto, em sua avaliação deve-se considerar as diferenças culturais que permeavam o ambiente.
Mas a empresa em si, pagava muito bem, seguia a lei rigorosamente, o que eu acho muito bom tanto para eles como para os empregados. a gerência era ótima, acessível e compreensiva. No dia-a-dia trabalhávamos com muita pressão, o que incomodava um pouco, e as diferenças culturais as vezes dificultavam a comunicação e as relações e o horário de trabalho era muito puxado. Mas aprendi muito neste emprego, principalmente, com as diferenças e com a comunicação intensa com o cliente.
Pros
Salários
Cons
Escala de trabalho
1. Typical day at work :
- Great customer service, working with people from all over the world

- Supervisor responsibility every shift.

- coach employees, communicate regularly with customers,working under pressure. Running the store operations during scheduled shifts. This includes opening and closing the store, supervising employees.

Ensuring proper cash management and cash register policies.

3. Management

- very nice and friendly people

4. The hardest part of the job

- is managing partners under my control when it is busy.

- Working in Starbucks for more than 2 years, I could say that I gained managerial skills and interpersonal skiils.The most enjoyable part of the job its when you see that customers are happy and enjoing beeing in our store.

- have learned a lot of thing in Starbucks.

It is actually my first decent job, where I have a decent salary and time for myself.
It's not easy come to another country where you can't speak their language.

But no only Starbucks but people that I worked and I work showed me that not is impossible.

I started as a barista and today I am a Supervisor.
Starbucks is a good way to start the working life in Ireland, becouse you are in touch with customers and the multiculture workmates. The worse part in this sector, not only in starbucks, obviously is the low salary.
Cons
really large shifts