Starbucks

Starbucks Work-life balance reviews

Its a fun workplace. It felt like home. So it is very comfortable. Great environment. Got to know all kind of people. Technically, your life wont be boring.
Pros
Get free beverage and food.
Cons
For part time, you dont get health care.
i asked for a raise after working there for three years and i have been a supervisor for two. I have still not heard anything about it. As of now I earn 10.65 which is ludicrous as I am the assistant manager. The work does not match the pay. On top of this, the company's response to staff leading up to the pandemic was shocking. No protections were put in place for staff or customers, no gloves or sanitizer provided. They simply do not care about the well being of their staff.
Pros
free bad coffee
Cons
long hours, shift work, no weekends off as manager takes them, bad hiring process, bad pay
Nice environment to work. Career opportunities. Good management. Suppliers very responsible and always keen to help the company. I used to work in a store which customers were most of the time regulars.
Pros
Free lunch for supervisors
Cons
Starbucks gives you an opportunity to improve and learn. There is a good work environment because it is a company that encourages integration and multiculturalism.
Ridiculous people. Cut your hours with no warning or explanation. Actually got a written warning for forgetting to pick up tissues behind the bin in the customer toilet one night. One piece of work in the store I worked in was a nightmare. Everyone hated him. Always was scheduled on the evening/night shift. Always reserved the morning shift for themselves and their fellow specific colleagues
Long lasting option if you commit to connecting with the staff and keep up with seasonal drinks.Teamwork , mastering your craft and listening is essential. Making sure you pay attention to Starbucks personal goals such as making the experience feel personal for each customer is important. Take Pride in being part of the Starbucks family and you'll fit right in ! Enjoyed my overall time.
manager always adapts for staff and takes everyones needs into consideration. however you need to be able to keep up in a busy stressful work environment
It is a very easy job, the hardest thing is when it is busy (weekends, holidays time, christmas) we have to make sure everyone is happy, customers, staff, and everything is running well.
stressful and busy at all times , and sometimes payment isnt enough fir the anount of work done , made lots of friends at wokr and enivronment was quite good tbh. am willing to develope myslef by going up the ranks and i did even in starbucks as i am a supervisor now.
Great working at starbucks. I just feel i have had enough of it. but the environment is thriving and challenging which makes the staff on their toes. Full of customer interactions.
Its a place that gives you the opportunity to meet different cultures, the diversity of backgrounds of all the partners make starbucks a fantastic experience of life.
A new experience for me as I have never work closely with users/consumers. Able to help me to communicate more with customers more and made them feel welcomed. Both managers and supervisors are helpful enough to ensure I learn all the new stuff within days. The workplace culture made me feels like family. All individuals are treat equally and we can always communicate in a good way if there is any confusions.
Otima empresa, com remuneraçãoo compativel ao mercado
depending on the day it might be extremely busy but others empty which is expected in the airport. start the day by taking my till i go down set it up take orders, maybe have to help make the drinks all of which is showing in the first 2 weeks. then in the evening or night, we clean and restock fridges and ice for the staff starting at 4 am.
Pros
free drinks, and free lunches from many different companies
Cons
long shifts
Work load at Starbucks depends on the store. Some stores are busier than others. What a lot people may not know is that 60% of your day will be spent cleaning. It's not only about costumer service and coffee, it's mostly about cleaning.
Is a good place to work with benefits, pay, promotion opportunities and great group of partners to work with. Management has a great communication and a diverse and good culture.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
little long holidays
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
A typical day at work for me is to interact with the customers , give them best service, be respectful to them and to my partners, always work in team, because a think is an important skill to have a good working environment. I learned to be more patient and solidarity with the people, always have the best attitude and enjoy My activities were: staff training and supervisor, look after the stock and customer service. One of the things that i like to feel when i'm at work. is like my home because i want to feel that i'm enjoying what I am doing, meeting new people and at work everyone has to be treated equal. I think that the hardest part of the job is when the partners don't want to help each other and the work starts to be more difficult to do it, but comming an agreement, we can solve the situation and i great ambient at work. The most enjoyablet part of the job is when the customer recognizes your effort and the good service you have given. of course have a good relationship with your parents.
Cons
20 hrs per week
nice bunch of people to work with. hours were long. some people working were higher than others so never wanted to clean only make coffee. overall expericne ok for general work
Pros
very handy shifts
Cons
busy hours were very busy
O Starbucks foi uma experiência que tive fora do país, portanto, em sua avaliação deve-se considerar as diferenças culturais que permeavam o ambiente. Mas a empresa em si, pagava muito bem, seguia a lei rigorosamente, o que eu acho muito bom tanto para eles como para os empregados. a gerência era ótima, acessível e compreensiva. No dia-a-dia trabalhávamos com muita pressão, o que incomodava um pouco, e as diferenças culturais as vezes dificultavam a comunicação e as relações e o horário de trabalho era muito puxado. Mas aprendi muito neste emprego, principalmente, com as diferenças e com a comunicação intensa com o cliente.
Pros
Salários
Cons
Escala de trabalho
Amazing atmosphere, so much passion in every worker. Regulars are more like friends than customers. So many opportunities in the company to make friends and find a passion for coffee.