Starbucks
Starbucks Employee Review

Productive and fun place

15 November 2019
It is a very easy job, the hardest thing is when it is busy (weekends, holidays time, christmas) we have to make sure everyone is happy, customers, staff, and everything is running well.
29 July 2020
Same role
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Louth
Salary not great
Staff all girls so lots of gossiping

No benefits except three free coffees on shift

Supervisor vs barista pay is €0.25c

Customers expect you to jump off a cliff for them just for a coffee
Pros
Shifts aren’t too long
Cons
Everything else
1 May 2020
Supervisor (Former Employee) - Hospital starmedica
Calidad human en cuestiones del trato a sus empleados. Una de las mejores empresas para trabajar
3 March 2020
Same role
Supervisor (Former Employee) - Kilkenny City, County Kilkenny
I have worked with the company for over 4 years.
In general it was a fun place to work where you could improve your coffee skills. Most partners and regular customers were friendly; however these points were just about the only positives of working there.

Constant stress and expectations played a heavy role on my mental health and well-being. Any attempts to talk about my stress resulted in failure due to the manager telling me to "Get on top of it or find another job".

Despite performing my role above and beyond of what was asked; there was never any help or gratitude for the work done.

Management:

- You are expected to consistently accept harassment from management despite raising concern with the district manager.

- Manager would be on her phone in the office for the majority of the day while passing off her tasks to other supervisors while they had to juggle their own tasks.

- Staff turnover is rapid. Our store was without a manager for 3 months and the supervisors were made to perform the managerial tasks for those 3 months without gratitude or pay increase.

- Manager would bully, belittle and talk over employees (myself included) on a daily basis. District manager did nothing to help.

On top of all that, the pay is an insult for the work done.