Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Management is paid horribly but baristas have good pay with is above minimum Irish wage difference between supervisor and barista is 20c if you want to work for Starbucks stay barista less stress more money.
The managers tend to be too strict about standards. Supervisors gossip behind your back to cover their a**es. The job is ok, but I guess it was the staff in my store that contributed to the attitude I've got towards this company. However, there are pros as well: *Easy to learn *Flexible hours *Paid breaks Nice as a temporary or part-time job.
8hour-shifts, challenging but interesting, learned responsibilities of team leading and training, learned a lot about customer service, learned about time organisation
A typical day at work is being friendly and accommodating to customers, positive vibes and good energy. Learned a lot. Great company, but bad management practices (i.e micromanaging, poor treatment to employees) leading to unnecessary stress, pressure and expectation to perform more from the employee. On the other hand, overall nice atmosphere with other partners. Opening hours are too early and closing hours are too late. I always get excited about promotional new drinks!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management issues
Easy enough, flexible hours which was handy for working around my college hours. Most people working there are sound, the odd customer is a pain but most just want a coffee to go
Pros
coffee tastings, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
customers can be awkward at times, you smell like stale coffee and syrups after every shift
Bad management. Overstaffed and seemed to keep recruiting bad store managers. Training was focused more on how to write on cups than actually making coffees
Pros
free coffees and half price lunches
Cons
irregular hours
Is a good place to work with benefits, pay, promotion opportunities and great group of partners to work with. Management has a great communication and a diverse and good culture.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
little long holidays
Expected to work long hours with maximum output. Pay grade is very unsatisfactory. Should treat all staff on ground level with more respect and expect more if treated properly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad pay, long hours
A typical day at work for me is to interact with the customers , give them best service, be respectful to them and to my partners, always work in team, because a think is an important skill to have a good working environment. I learned to be more patient and solidarity with the people, always have the best attitude and enjoy My activities were: staff training and supervisor, look after the stock and customer service. One of the things that i like to feel when i'm at work. is like my home because i want to feel that i'm enjoying what I am doing, meeting new people and at work everyone has to be treated equal. I think that the hardest part of the job is when the partners don't want to help each other and the work starts to be more difficult to do it, but comming an agreement, we can solve the situation and i great ambient at work. The most enjoyablet part of the job is when the customer recognizes your effort and the good service you have given. of course have a good relationship with your parents.
Cons
20 hrs per week
Starbucks has very good environment for working. The culture is nice and positive. But the payment in some country is no that well. Beside that,everything is perfect.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hour, less pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
The stuff was lovely to work with, the job wasn t to hard and the shifts suited my needs. Learnt many things about coffee and starbucks as a company highly recommend
nice bunch of people to work with. hours were long. some people working were higher than others so never wanted to clean only make coffee. overall expericne ok for general work
Pros
very handy shifts
Cons
busy hours were very busy
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a wide variety of skills and drink recipes, holding coffee tasting events with co-workers and socialising. The work can be draining as there is a constant high volume of customers . There are no healthcare benefits.
It’s a perfect place to work if you love coffee and creating art! Be ready for the busy spells and working under pressure though! Great staff and fun to work with!
Pros
3 free Tall beverages and monthly free coffee bag or tea, monthly tips!
Cons
Long days and very short breaks
O Starbucks foi uma experiência que tive fora do país, portanto, em sua avaliação deve-se considerar as diferenças culturais que permeavam o ambiente. Mas a empresa em si, pagava muito bem, seguia a lei rigorosamente, o que eu acho muito bom tanto para eles como para os empregados. a gerência era ótima, acessível e compreensiva. No dia-a-dia trabalhávamos com muita pressão, o que incomodava um pouco, e as diferenças culturais as vezes dificultavam a comunicação e as relações e o horário de trabalho era muito puxado. Mas aprendi muito neste emprego, principalmente, com as diferenças e com a comunicação intensa com o cliente.
Pros
Salários
Cons
Escala de trabalho
1. Typical day at work : - Great customer service, working with people from all over the world - Supervisor responsibility every shift. 2. - coach employees, communicate regularly with customers,working under pressure. Running the store operations during scheduled shifts. This includes opening and closing the store, supervising employees. Ensuring proper cash management and cash register policies. 3. Management - very nice and friendly people 4. The hardest part of the job - is managing partners under my control when it is busy. 5. - Working in Starbucks for more than 2 years, I could say that I gained managerial skills and interpersonal skiils.The most enjoyable part of the job its when you see that customers are happy and enjoing beeing in our store. 6. - have learned a lot of thing in Starbucks. It is actually my first decent job, where I have a decent salary and time for myself. It's not easy come to another country where you can't speak their language. But no only Starbucks but people that I worked and I work showed me that not is impossible. I started as a barista and today I am a Supervisor.
Amazing atmosphere, so much passion in every worker. Regulars are more like friends than customers. So many opportunities in the company to make friends and find a passion for coffee.
Few changes needed but overall a general good place to work. Good job security and plenty of chances to progress. Would not discourage someone from applying for a job here as the people I work with are good hard working people that enjoy a laugh at the same time. Thus creating a fun place to be during the shift
Pros
3 free drinks per day is nice.
Cons
Late closes and early opens 7 days a week.
The training I received at Starbucks as very sufficient and helpful to hep me advance in new career paths. The work life balance however was not good. Too much was expected from you outside of the company. I would receive phone calls almost daily when I was not working. Overtime was always expected but never appreciated.
People Management Leading a team of 10-12 people Stock Control Orders/Invoices Recruitment of new partners Training Payroll Working towards reaching daily/ weekly targets
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High Turnover, early morning
Management disruptive of positive working environment, would not recommend to anyone looking to work with coffee. Franchised company that does not represent views of actual corp. Expect maximum output for minimum input at expense of staff.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
semantic management issues.
  1. Employee reviews