State Street Employee Reviews

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 2,586 reviews
Entreprise agreable
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  County Dublin2 November 2019
c'est une entreprise agreable, qui met en avant les competences acquises.
Good place to start and gain experience
Fund Accountant Associate (Former Employee) –  78 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland9 October 2019
My team was a good group. But the workload and the lack of more hires make the work life balance very difficult.
There is no culture as most of the big companies. The experience overall will depend of how you feel towards extra hours and time management.

Also the manager will play a key factor. I was lucky to have great people as managers and I always get along with my team members, but even them will have the same comments not enough resources for the amount of workload, they mention is due to the lack of experience professionals on the market.

In overall is a good place to start but after few years if you want to promote and get more experience is good to move either around the company or somewhere else.
Pros
Great canteen.
Cons
Lack of employees for the workload
Good company
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Kilkenny8 October 2019
Good company to work for in my experience. There are plenty of opportunities to advance under the right management. The benefits package is competitive and there are ample opportunities to transfer departments within the company and gain plenty of experience to further your career.
enjoyed my time in State Street
Officer(Manager) (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2019
Learned a lot in State Street. Every day was a new challenge which was good. The people and management were great, great work life balance, but Financial Services industry is drastically changing
Pros
work life balance
Cons
The usual, career progression, etc
Productive and fun worekplac
CUSTODY ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny25 September 2019
There was no typical day at work as it varied every day depending on what kind of trades went through. Good workplace culture with a young and helpful workforce.
Great
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 September 2019
Good place to work with an excellent approach to flexible working conditions. Interesting span of projects to get involved with and some excellent employee engagement groups too.
Friendly Large Financial Company
Software Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2019
People were friendly despite my being only 1 of my group at the site. I learned the importance of reusing experiemce - especially that gained from colleagues. My direct management were competent and friendly. A big plus was working from home 3 days a week.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Commutre
Productive but stressful workplace.
Derivatives Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny, UK12 August 2019
Extremely motivated teams that help each other. IT systems such as excel are used constantly but are old and tend to crash putting pressure on the teams.
Other then that it is intense but a good place to learn and get experience.
very nice place to work
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2019
very nice place to work very very happy with this place nice food cantine, friendly staff, multinational company very nice people, 9-5 nice work environment
Demanding but interesting
OTC Derivatives Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
Have worked across multiple clients within the OTC Derivatives group. Responsibilities include trade capture for both Middle and Back Office, cashflow calculation and agreement, position and valuation reconciliation and production of daily client reporting.

Most enjoyable aspect is managing and interacting with people and seeing their development.
Good Company
Reconciliations Administrator (Former Employee) –  IE15 January 2019
Pros

- Friendly envirnoment, good training, other teams good to deal with

cons

- Was no real pay review when I was there, I was moved to another team without my consent from a role I had enjoyed
Great staff but always under pressure
Opersations (Current Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin3 December 2018
Similar to all transfer agencies, there is too much work for too little staff. The staff are great and try their best but management never says no to client requests no matter what is already in progress.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Relentless pressure to take on more work
Not for me
AML Consultant - International Fund Services (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 October 2018
Even though I opted for State Street for a reasonable salary, I soon discovered that this job was not for me even though the Management were very accomodating
good work culture, some potential for career advancement
STAFF ACCOUNTANT II (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny10 September 2018
Good environment to work in, management really try to promote a strong work life balance. There's a strong sense of team and unity across the company but from what I've heard from other offices this is strongest in the Kilkenny offices and less so amongst the other offices.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, room to grow
Cons
poor salary, high staff turnover rate
Helpful Team Environment
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 August 2018
As an intern it was a great experience, however the wage given for an intern does not suit the city of work, given that the rent in dublin is so high right now. Typically work was 90% excel and in house software with the remainder spent replying to emails to/from clients. Working with teams is essential and is good for developing such skills
Cons
Mandatory overtime, not paid for working through lunch
Buena
Trustee (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny11 August 2018
Estoy muy agradecida de la experiencia profesional y del buen ambiente y trato con los compañeros y superiores

Si recomiendo trabajar en State Street Street
Management and training are none
Portfolio Administrator in the area of Custody (Current Employee) –  Kilkenny Town, County Kilkenny18 July 2018
At the beginning I was OK with working on my own initiative but
after a while I realised that there was very little job specific training
and that management wasn't accountable for my development. Managemnet is a joke; they know how to enjoy the benefits of flex work which mainly applies to them and do as little as possible to get
involved with their teams.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Management, training, salary, well being
Awful environment, no training , no progression
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare5 July 2018
Awful atmosphere and environment to work in - You could hear a pin drop. Management have no idea how to manage staff but actual knowledge of their job is good purely because most people seem to have got stuck in a rut in the same place due to good location for them for schools etc so experience is there for staff that have stuck around that long. Other than that there is little to no training given to new starters, it's very much a sink or swim atmosphere and each to their own. I really wouldn't recommend to anyone, wages are poor also! Extremely long hours and overtime expected on a whim!
Pros
Free parking, location
Cons
Long hours, awful atmosphere, poor wages, lack of training and career progressional
Good place to work for everyone above middle managers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 May 2018
High turnover rate, poor pay for new joiners and some managers act in their own best interests. Definitely a wide range of personal experiences possible there though as a lot of people dont leave.
Pros
People working there
Cons
Pay
Good company
Financial Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth30 April 2018
Good place to work. Interesting work. Different challenges everyday. Allows you to learn different skills everyday. Friendly place to work. Lots of different roles within the company
Pros
Not far to travel to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.