State Street
State Street Employee Review

Review

1 July 2020
The company must improve diversity culture. The manager must listen the new employees as well, not the old ones there only. Please apply open conversation for changing and improving process.
4.0Job security/advancement
15 June 2016
Same roleSame location
Regulatory Reporting Analyst, Associate (Current Employee) - Dublin
Since starting at State Street I have learned a lot about the financial services sector. A typical day involves replying the client and internal queries. We also prep files on a monthly basis to prepare for quarterly filings to various financial authorities throughout Europe and the United States of America. On a day to day basis outside of the busy filing months, it can be quite mundane and methodical. There is also not much contact with people outside of the company except for occassional client calls or emails. The management are extremely nice and have made sure that I am making the most of my time with the company. I have learnt a huge amount from them about the sector, and it is knowledge that I believe will stand to me for the rest of my career. The most enjoyable part of my job is during the filing month when I can see all the work I have prepped over the previous few months come together. It is satisfying to finally see it all come together. However this time is also the hardest as it involves extremely long hours that can be quite challenging.
Pros
great location
Cons
Long hours during filing months
18 February 2020
Same location
MD (Former Employee) - Dublin
A good place to learn the funds industry while working with smart people to solve difficult problems. Very demanding particularly in operational roles as impactful decisions can sometimes be made at some distance from the coal face.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Limited autonomy
13 February 2020
Same location
Regulatory Reporting Associate (Current Employee) - Dublin
Very good Work-life balance. Not much of career progression. Management not involved in the development of employees. No training on the job provided.