State Street
Coronavirus update
Information from State Street:

State Street Employee Reviews

Ireland63 reviews
Ok place to start. Overtime isnt manadatory but is expected. Its a fast paced place to work as their is many deadlines to be met. If you are on a team that have end of day deadlines you will be doing overtime
The company must improve diversity culture.
The manager must listen the new employees as well, not the old ones there only. Please apply open conversation for changing and improving process.
A good place to learn the funds industry while working with smart people to solve difficult problems. Very demanding particularly in operational roles as impactful decisions can sometimes be made at some distance from the coal face.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Limited autonomy
Very good Work-life balance.
Not much of career progression.

Management not involved in the development of employees.

No training on the job provided.
Stressful and too much turnover of staff on teams
No real guidance or training provided

Overtime always expected

Feeling staff are temporary there

Bad location

Poor oversight management of team
I had very good management at State Street and great opportunities for training. The standard of the team was very high and I enjoyed my job.
It's a global company and it is hard to know who's who as there are very many teams and locations.
Official response from State Street
10 January 2020
Thank you for your review. I agree we have many opportunities for training and development ranging from professional development to technical skills. Opportunities are plentiful and our culture encourages participation. Our junior employees are held to a high standard – this is something I enjoy and helps employees maintain a sense of purpose. We are a global organization and my team interacts with people from every walk of life offering different perspectives.
Kelly, Relationship Manager, Professional Development Program
It is a great environment to grow and learn about the industry. However, salaries could be improved. Great working space for graduates and opportunities for career progression.
c'est une entreprise agreable, qui met en avant les competences acquises.
My team was a good group. But the workload and the lack of more hires make the work life balance very difficult.
There is no culture as most of the big companies. The experience overall will depend of how you feel towards extra hours and time management.

Also the manager will play a key factor. I was lucky to have great people as managers and I always get along with my team members, but even them will have the same comments not enough resources for the amount of workload, they mention is due to the lack of experience professionals on the market.

In overall is a good place to start but after few years if you want to promote and get more experience is good to move either around the company or somewhere else.
Pros
Great canteen.
Cons
Lack of employees for the workload
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Street?
Good company to work for in my experience. There are plenty of opportunities to advance under the right management. The benefits package is competitive and there are ample opportunities to transfer departments within the company and gain plenty of experience to further your career.
Learned a lot in State Street. Every day was a new challenge which was good. The people and management were great, great work life balance, but Financial Services industry is drastically changing
Pros
work life balance
Cons
The usual, career progression, etc
There was no typical day at work as it varied every day depending on what kind of trades went through. Good workplace culture with a young and helpful workforce.
Good place to work with an excellent approach to flexible working conditions. Interesting span of projects to get involved with and some excellent employee engagement groups too.
People were friendly despite my being only 1 of my group at the site. I learned the importance of reusing experiemce - especially that gained from colleagues. My direct management were competent and friendly. A big plus was working from home 3 days a week.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Commutre
Extremely motivated teams that help each other. IT systems such as excel are used constantly but are old and tend to crash putting pressure on the teams.
Other then that it is intense but a good place to learn and get experience.
very nice place to work very very happy with this place nice food cantine, friendly staff, multinational company very nice people, 9-5 nice work environment
Have worked across multiple clients within the OTC Derivatives group. Responsibilities include trade capture for both Middle and Back Office, cashflow calculation and agreement, position and valuation reconciliation and production of daily client reporting.

Most enjoyable aspect is managing and interacting with people and seeing their development.
Pros

- Friendly envirnoment, good training, other teams good to deal with

cons

- Was no real pay review when I was there, I was moved to another team without my consent from a role I had enjoyed
Similar to all transfer agencies, there is too much work for too little staff. The staff are great and try their best but management never says no to client requests no matter what is already in progress.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Relentless pressure to take on more work
Even though I opted for State Street for a reasonable salary, I soon discovered that this job was not for me even though the Management were very accomodating
Good environment to work in, management really try to promote a strong work life balance. There's a strong sense of team and unity across the company but from what I've heard from other offices this is strongest in the Kilkenny offices and less so amongst the other offices.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, room to grow
Cons
poor salary, high staff turnover rate