State Street

State Street Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,881 reviews
Ok place to start. Overtime isnt manadatory but is expected. Its a fast paced place to work as their is many deadlines to be met. If you are on a team that have end of day deadlines you will be doing overtime
state street os a great company to work for. people are friendly and there is a sense of purpose at work. management is also very helpful. and you can learn a lot.
Pros
ok
Cons
sometimes not ok
Too stress and unprofessional management.Dead end place and no future...If you can't find job, it's ok to take the offered.Ask people around and find out more yourself.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No respect
Pros:-Generous time off-Work from home flexibility even before COVID hitCons:-Very hierarchical and bureaucratic even with layoffs and smaller teams-Poor collaboration across teams, and within them. -High turnover, including some of the few genuinely capable managers getting fed up and going. -No real company culture at all. The company’s leadership is constantly introducing new initiatives that don’t really go anywhere. -Constant cost cutting and threat of layoffs. Don’t expect any pay raise or advancement.
If this company took more of an interest in its employees, compensated them better, provided them with better technology and a more inviting/exciting office culture, the retention rate would be much higher and people would feel proud to work there. Management/employee disconnect is a huge problem there. You feel like just a number, just another cog in the wheel.
Pros
Work life balance, work from home, benefits, flexibility
Cons
Low pay, zero training, high workload volume year round, outdated technology, poor communication across big company, management disconnected from employee success
Good starter job, but most leave. Expected to work overtime, dont mind that so much with OT pay, but it can get very draining. Will only really hire people when absolutely necessary. Your experience mainly depends on which team you are on. Some teams are great, others not so much.
It was a great company up to 2008 when they started to outsource IT work.I felt well while was with SSB and work was interesting. But in early 2008 they started outsourcing process and I found a new job.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Outsourcing IT work
I am working there as a consultant. so I have no PTO there. I have to log my time to get paid. As I need money too much, so I did not take any PTO and worked every minute I can work to get paid. That is very good feeling to get paid for my work.
Good company to work for; workplace culture, management are very supportive; In this age more technology should in place to have a better outcome for internal and external parties
A true corporate animal with loyalty firmly allocated to shareholders. Good place to work after college to pocket some experience. Maybe they will support some education (this has probably been cut way back) but don't trust this place and always expect the worst.
Pros
decent salary and benefits
Cons
truly a soulless corporate creature
No training and job security as the company only invests money to offshore teams. In additional, the morale is very low because the management only care about cutting cost. The only benefit to work for this company is the work from home and vacation policies.
Pros
Allow employees to work from home
Cons
No job security and on the job training
HR and managers lie to your face about anything and everything including potential pay and bonus. They say they can't put it in writing but you have their word on it. Then they deny saying it. Was told they cannot pay a sign on bonus but that they would give a full bonus at end of year to make up for it. When the bonus is paid it is 10% of what was promised. All the red flags were there from other who said do not take a job at State Street but I ignored the warnings. Don't fall for their elevated job title and promise of high payout for the bonus.
Pros
Cons
They use people and don't reward you for the work provided.
It's a good place to work but it's strictly a job. There is no sense of culture. Working as a fund admin you felt as if you were not part of the banking culture.
Pros
NJ location
Cons
Not good pay, low bonuses
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at State Street is poorPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at State Street are poorJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at State Street, I think you have to be a white male.ManagementIn general, managers at State Street are horrible.OverallMy experience working at State Street is not great
Generally good people, but lots of turnover. It is a good place to start off, but after working here, I don't think I would work for a big company again.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Many
I worked in a team called Global Accounting operations. Please think twice before joining. Though they say it is open for movement but it is very difficult to move within teams. Top and middle Management are worst.
People are great! They will work with you if a health issue arises. Working with these ladies makes the job a great place!! Employees are good people.
your experience can be different at different sections in the company. however, my experience was unsatisfactory.my manager and others worked from home most of the time so i was by myself doing computer work all day aside from internship meetings we did.-i did not appreciate this as i expected my manager to be like a mentor & i did not have a relationship at all with them.-i didnt learn much about what people do in the company
Pros
long lunch break, good compensation
Cons
working on a computer all day makes you feel robotic
Terrible management and no support to back youThere is no work / life balanceNo respect and felt discriminated due to my race Poor IT, took me up to a month to have my account and all relevant softwares and email set up whilst I was on-boarded there.As a manager whilst you are doing your managerial tasks, but also work alongside your colleagues and team furthermore, I was also trying to manage the IT systems for interns and new comers in my team which took chunk of my time. Amidst of highly pressured and tight deadline job, you are also expected to complete online courses which HR and Compliance will pressurise you to complete it.
Pros
Nothing good to say
Cons
Long hours, no work and life balance, terrible management, no support
30 November 2020
Thank you for your review on State Street. We take feedback like this seriously, so the concerns you have raised will be investigated internally. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.
OverallI had been working as a client service agent. I learned a lot of things. State Street is a big company. A great place to learn new things. So, I really enjoyed.
7 December 2020
Thank you for sharing your internship experience – it seems you had a good time, and what is most important you were able to learn a lot. We try to make sure that each person that joins us for an internship or development program make the most of it especially when it comes to upskilling. Apart from wealth of traditional training, being a part of a leading global financial institution is an experience that compares to none when you are starting your career.Good luck with next steps in your career.Andriy, Campus Recruitment
I've worked in many Custodian Investment Banks and Asset management companies and have regarded State Street very highly due to it's great working culture and relatable management. If can get busy, but there is a good understanding amongst many senior staff and was looking as you're putting in an effort, you will be appreciated
Pros
Work culture and work life balance
Cons
Can have bad days, systems issues are a plenty
7 December 2020
We appreciate your feedback. Working in bustling client operations environment must have been an exciting opportunity. It is comforting to hear that you and your colleagues felt recognized and rewarded for your hard work. We make all efforts so that our employees feel included and appreciated across all businesses and locations.Anna, Global Human Resources
  1. Employee reviews