State Street

State Street Employee Reviews in Kilkenny

Ok place to start. Overtime isnt manadatory but is expected. Its a fast paced place to work as their is many deadlines to be met. If you are on a team that have end of day deadlines you will be doing overtime
Good company to work for in my experience. There are plenty of opportunities to advance under the right management. The benefits package is competitive and there are ample opportunities to transfer departments within the company and gain plenty of experience to further your career.
There was no typical day at work as it varied every day depending on what kind of trades went through. Good workplace culture with a young and helpful workforce.
Extremely motivated teams that help each other. IT systems such as excel are used constantly but are old and tend to crash putting pressure on the teams. Other then that it is intense but a good place to learn and get experience.
Good environment to work in, management really try to promote a strong work life balance. There's a strong sense of team and unity across the company but from what I've heard from other offices this is strongest in the Kilkenny offices and less so amongst the other offices.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, room to grow
Cons
poor salary, high staff turnover rate
Estoy muy agradecida de la experiencia profesional y del buen ambiente y trato con los compañeros y superiores Si recomiendo trabajar en State Street Street
At the beginning I was OK with working on my own initiative but after a while I realised that there was very little job specific training and that management wasn't accountable for my development. Managemnet is a joke; they know how to enjoy the benefits of flex work which mainly applies to them and do as little as possible to get involved with their teams.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Management, training, salary, well being
Horrible work environment,Stinking management attitudes . Old school management style , managers not whilling to embrace change and are oppressive .Outdated systems and the management don’t seem to develop great work structures for some teams, ( some managers are clueless and always & when things are not going right,they pull a blame on weak team members ). There is a bullying element & Favoritism for some team members . If the manager is not in favor of you. Chances of getting promotions are zilch.
Pros
The terrible experience outweighs the good. The environment is not an asheap.
Cons
Worst Financial service company to work for, unhappy environment
Can be very pressurise at times. Initial departmental training needs work. The expectation on new hires to have a full.understanding of the role from sitting beside someone is not sufficient for the nature of the work.
Pros
Great facilities for staff
Cons
Could improve staff morale
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Street?
Horrible work hours, management and attitude to workers. Stressful for the sake it, work throughput would be a lot better if they maintained a happier workforce. Procedural documents only upside.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance, attitude to workers
A typical day can range from 8-11 hours of action packed learning, decision making and prevention control. This is a challenging job which gives a great sense of achievement. I have learned that I am capable of far more than I would have given myself credit for. I have learned that the more expected of you the more you achieve. The toughest part of the job is only being as good as your last decision and working in an environment that is not team focused but more me/I focused. Most enjoyable part of the job is the amount of work you complete and the pace at which you work at. You have a great personal sense of achievement each day.
Pros
Salary and location
Cons
Long days, high intensity, turnover and burn out rate
It is a great place to work with plenty of opportunity to move up. Each day is busy yet enjoyable. I have gained great experience working with funds of all sizes and also gives me a different perspective of the finance industry as opposed to what i was used to before.
Generating:miscellaneous expenses, cost sheets, holding reports, performance reports, hedging reports, emailing reports to clients and termination of a fund. Brief experience on Net present value, applying stock splits, applying forward spots, applying expenses to funds and running trials for certain funds.