State Street

State Street Employee Reviews for Fund Accountant

My team was a good group. But the workload and the lack of more hires make the work life balance very difficult. There is no culture as most of the big companies. The experience overall will depend of how you feel towards extra hours and time management. Also the manager will play a key factor. I was lucky to have great people as managers and I always get along with my team members, but even them will have the same comments not enough resources for the amount of workload, they mention is due to the lack of experience professionals on the market. In overall is a good place to start but after few years if you want to promote and get more experience is good to move either around the company or somewhere else.
Pros
Great canteen.
Cons
Lack of employees for the workload
As an intern it was a great experience, however the wage given for an intern does not suit the city of work, given that the rent in dublin is so high right now. Typically work was 90% excel and in house software with the remainder spent replying to emails to/from clients. Working with teams is essential and is good for developing such skills
Cons
Mandatory overtime, not paid for working through lunch
Awful atmosphere and environment to work in - You could hear a pin drop. Management have no idea how to manage staff but actual knowledge of their job is good purely because most people seem to have got stuck in a rut in the same place due to good location for them for schools etc so experience is there for staff that have stuck around that long. Other than that there is little to no training given to new starters, it's very much a sink or swim atmosphere and each to their own. I really wouldn't recommend to anyone, wages are poor also! Extremely long hours and overtime expected on a whim!
Pros
Free parking, location
Cons
Long hours, awful atmosphere, poor wages, lack of training and career progressional
State Street is a good starting point for a career there is a lot you can learn here if you put the effort in. There is a good social life but that really all depends on your team. It's tough to know where you stand within the team/company as management don't really inform you. So tough to chase a promotion if you don't know what you need to do to get it.
Pros
Great canteen, Not a lot of overtime, Office is nice, pension, health care option
Cons
Low starting pay, No idea where you stand with management
Good place to work specifically for new people who is interested to build up career in this industry as they have extensive number of training . Good restaurant for staffs.
Pros
Good training, opportunity for learning
Cons
work may be autonomous some times depends on the team
The workplace was extremely poor as many new starts weren't integrated into the team but just given their tasks and got on with it. Do not think there is any sense of a team environment in the business and this could be partly due to the management. Also there is a high staff turnover which shows the job satisfaction levels.
I learnt a lot in State Street and they have a first rate training and development department. The culture there is to work hard and to learn as much as possible. I found the management always approachable and friendly.
Pros
christmas present every year
Cons
little overtime
conducive working environment, a good place to work. they have the interest of the employees at heart. i have grown in the company and i have also increased both my analytical knowledge and my attention to details
It is a great place to work with plenty of opportunity to move up. Each day is busy yet enjoyable. I have gained great experience working with funds of all sizes and also gives me a different perspective of the finance industry as opposed to what i was used to before.
Generating:miscellaneous expenses, cost sheets, holding reports, performance reports, hedging reports, emailing reports to clients and termination of a fund. Brief experience on Net present value, applying stock splits, applying forward spots, applying expenses to funds and running trials for certain funds.